Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week (v Freo) was strange it started off horribly - the umps were giving us a bath, but then when they got 4.5 up (I truly think is done purposely (AFL direction) to avoid blow outs) the umps wanted us back in the game and started gifting us goals - a complete 180 from the start of the game - maggots
Yeah I was thinking the same thing last week.

We were getting absolutely reamed at the start of the game, then all of a sudden we start getting some 50-50s.

Just a horrible performance all round by the umps against Freo.

Apologies NM Design, I should have clarified my statement a little better. I buy a membership every year and I have been a member for about 20 years now. When the box on campaign was on I kicked in $1000 for the Silver membership and I have barely missed a game in the last few years (including 2006 and 2009 when we were really down). This year I bought an extra membership. Just because. No real reason. Just to show the club I believed in them. My normal membership is a given and the second was just an added extra because I couldn't think of a better way than to show the club I was really behind them, suffice to turning up week after week, regardless of who we are playing and how we are travelling.

What I actually meant by my statement (according to my publicist and legal team :D) was that I was disappointed my faith wasn't being rewarded with on field endeavour after all that was talked about in the off season. There were several stages yesterday when players were disinterested in the game, not chasing or manning up and that hurt to watch. I don't care if we roll up and get belted week after week, as long as we have a dip. Its when we don't have a dip that "Grinds my gears" as Peter Griffin would say. Either way I will be at the game.

But yes I 100% agree that supporters should buy a membership every year regardless. :)
No worries mate, we need a lot more people like you supporting the club!

Again, I apologise, but as you said it still applied, but not at you.

I 100% agree with what you said! We do everything we can to support the club, so should the players.

After watching the replay:

Ablett tripping free - correct call, hit foot clearly grabbed.
Ablett marking free - wrong call, result: GOAL
Ablett HTB non-call - horriblly wrong call (sidestepped / shrugged Cunners i think, then Levi blindsided him). Result: GOAL

Majak non holding free - correct call (play on), both holding jumper
Spud shepherding free - total horseshit wrong call. Rear replay showed it best - zero deviation from his line. Result: NON-GOAL
I think there was another non-HTB call on Day? Result: GOAL (to Matera from memory)
Matera unrealistic mark non-free - Mind blowingly-horrible call. How they can miss that defies belief. Result: GOAL (to Matera)

I stand corrected & have deleted the replay, but i can't recall us getting a single free in front of goals, or another dodgy one our way up-field which directly resulted in a goal. That's a 5-goal balls-up from the umpires, less any that someone can remind me went our way.

GCFC were way too good for us on the day (scarily good 1st 20 mins) but don't tell me the umps didn't make life harder than it should have been & quell our momentum on more than 1 occasion.

After watching the replay:

Ablett tripping free - correct call, hit foot clearly grabbed.
Ablett marking free - wrong call, result: GOAL
Ablett HTB non-call - horriblly wrong call (sidestepped / shrugged Cunners i think, then Levi blindsided him). Result: GOAL

Majak non holding free - correct call (play on), both holding jumper
Spud shepherding free - total horseshit wrong call. Rear replay showed it best - zero deviation from his line. Result: NON-GOAL
I think there was another non-HTB call on Day? Result: GOAL (to Matera from memory)
Matera unrealistic mark non-free - Mind blowingly-horrible call. How they can miss that defies belief. Result: GOAL (to Matera)

I stand corrected & have deleted the replay, but i can't recall us getting a single free in front of goals, or another dodgy one our way up-field which directly resulted in a goal. That's a 5-goal balls-up from the umpires, less any that someone can remind me went our way.

GCFC were way too good for us on the day (scarily good 1st 20 mins) but don't tell me the umps didn't make life harder than it should have been & quell our momentum on more than 1 occasion.
Haha one of my favourites was when black coathangered a guy in the last quarter and most people boo'd it. I was assuming it was in frustration, but it still found it quite amusing.

I just remembered a positive. In the pregame chat on 774, Stan Alves said it was his grandson's first game of football - and he was in the crowd in a North Melbourne jumper with his dad. Nice to hear (even though I didn't care for a lot that Stan had to say later on.)
Stan Alves is a MASSIVE whinger!

It's may and we are in the 8 with a very soft last 7 weeks. We still get Brisbane twice, Crows twice and Melbourne twice.

I just refuse to hit the panic button. Long season and we just lost out 1st game we should have won.
Well, given Essendon's post-us form, it may be safe to say that we should have beaten them too.

Well, given Essendon's post-us form, it may be safe to say that we should have beaten them too.

Post us? They were stiff to lose to the Hawks by 4 points and smashed the Blues by 13 goals. Post us they were their typical early season team - very good.

The betting odds had the game as a 50/50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I hated our use of interchange in the first quarter. GC jumped out of the blocks early and we interchanged heavily after each goal. 3 midfielders each goal were interchanged along with minor interchanges in between.This in my eye meant no one really owned the problem of the last goal scored. Players were able to hide.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I hated our use of interchange in the first quarter. GC jumped out of the blocks early and we interchanged heavily after each goal. 3 midfielders each goal were interchanged along with minor interchanges in between.This in my eye meant no one really owned the problem of the last goal scored. Players were able to hide.

noticed it as well in the third when we had momentum Mullett kicked a goal from 50 he and NDS (who set up the play) ran straight off. around the 11th min mark

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I hated our use of adverbs, relative pronouns, exclamations and prepositions in the pre-game thread.

After reading Kimbo's post above I was expecting your opening sentence to head in the above edited direction groo.

After reading Kimbo's post above I was expecting your opening sentence to head in the above edited direction groo.
I now fully expect to be ostracised - Jack Reacher style - for this specific and peculiar grammar fixation. I'm now an official "impact-ist". Bring it!

tumblr_mb1cjakOkn1rrxp3t.gif

Ablett's averaging 3 frees for a game.... seems insanely high to me.
I saw the Melbourne game, and he deserved every one of them. Taggers need to learn that the umpires are currently red hot
Stan Alves and Mark Maclure really shit me to tears on the ABC commentary. They may as well be a couple of pensioners pulled out of the crowd, their analysis of the game generally equates to "Man up! Kick it long! Who was that to?"
Don't get my started on Mark Maclure...he could whinge for Australia he is that good at it.

I now fully expect to be ostracised - Jack Reacher style - for this specific and peculiar grammar fixation. I'm now an official "impact-ist". Bring it!

In fairness to you someone had to pick up the slack once Kangalicious settled into her role at The Huddle.

Did anyone else notice the centre bounce where we had only 3 players inside the centre square. 2nd Quarter. O'Meara wins the clearance of course.

I mean seriously... Wtf is going on there?

Also McKenzie bashing is disgraceful, his inside stats are surprisingly decent compared to some of the favourites on here. He is doing some nice things in each game he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back