Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to say I told you so.........

Good....
  • Nothing good about losing like that

Bad....
  • I bought 2 memberships this year because I thought we had truly turned the corner
  • The serious lack of endeavour from the players in the opening 30 minutes.
  • The serious lack of endeavour from the players in the final 20 minutes
  • LMac as sub
  • Nahas dropped again. We desperately need a crumber
  • Umpiring
  • Gary Ablett Jnr's free in the last quarter for tripping over his own feet
  • Gary Ablett Jnr's free in the last quarter for failing to jump in a marking contest and faking a nudge in the back
  • Gary Ablett Jnr's non-free against in the last quarter after shrugging two tackles, getting caught with the ball, dropping it like a bucket of hot **** and the clueless yellow maggot in perfect position calling play on.

Outworked in the guts and spent the day playing catch up. Greenwood played a bit of a lone hand and to be quite honest the whole midfield looked reactive compared to the Suns who to a man looked proactive.

You really have to question if this group has the instinct and desire to make it happen.

No excuses today.
Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

What I also don't get lately, and don't know if anyone else has mentioned this or noticed, but the umps don't pay the free quick straight away, but wait for a second or two to see how it unfolds, AND THEN pays the free? If you're gonna pay it just pay it. Don't wait. Is this umpire appreciation round? Sorry if I don't sound that appreciative. Thanks.

On a side note, I think it was a decent effort getting 20,000 at the ground today considering there were about 50 GC supporters. Cold gloomy dreary Sunday, but 20,000 is what we should expect now as the base. Too bad the boys couldn't put on a show for the faithful.

I could not give a flying **** about Gary Ablett. I have no affinity to him whatsoever outside of recognising that he's a very good football.

I have a problem with people lacking the humility to refrain from booing a player who has been a good player for a very long time and ripped the game to pieces when the game was on the line.

The only reason you and others were booing him is because he was dominating. You weren't booing him for getting free kicks like you want to disguise it as. It's pathetic. And it affects me because I'm ashamed to have something in common with these people who were dumb enough to boo. Laughing stock.

I think most of us would be happy for you to go away. in a humble manner of course. Clap, clap, clap.

What I also don't get lately, and don't know if anyone else has mentioned this or noticed, but the umps don't pay the free quick straight away, but wait for a second or two to see how it unfolds, AND THEN pays the free? If you're gonna pay it just pay it. Don't wait. Is this umpire appreciation round? Sorry if I don't sound that appreciative. Thanks.

It's because the active ump lets it go but his chump mate has to come in 10 years later to make the call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody around me booed. It was coming from lv1 mainly. We knew exactly what it was for. It was for the golden treatment he was getting from the umps. It was indirectly booing the umps through Gazza. We didn't mind, the game was over, everyone knows Gaz is a champion, and our supporters were understandably pissed off at the umps. Not why we lost, but we were sick them being so bad.

On a side note, Adams was putrid. Basti was putrid. Our backline were far to tall and slow. Lmac should have played. Nahas should have played. Spud , Tippett and grima can't be in the same team if scooter and LaCie are there. Too tall. Daw was better than Drew and black. Goldy was average, no impact. I don't care about the stats that probably say he played well. He had no impact. Mckenzie is so slow. Mullet looks a shadow of last year.

Cunners was good. Greenwood tried hard. Daw will improve. Dal was good. Atley tried hard. Thompson had a weird role. Don't like it.

Gary Ablett Jnr's non-free against in the last quarter after shrugging two tackles, getting caught with the ball, dropping it like a bucket of hot **** and the clueless yellow maggot in perfect position calling play on.

That sent me into a fit of blind rage.

2010 Pick 1: David Swallow
2010 Pick 2: Harley Bennell
2010 Pick 3: Sam Day
2010 Pick 9: Dion Prestia
2010 Pick 10: Daniel Gorringe
2010 Pick 11: Tom Lynch
2010 Pick 13: Seb Tape

2011 Mini Draft Pick 1: Jaeger O'Meara

2012 Mini Draft Pick 1: Jack Martin

2013 Pick 5: Kade Kolodjashnij

And just quietly the greatest player of the modern era and probably top 10 all time by now just slots in there nicely.

Swallow, Bennell, O'Meara, Prestia, Martin, Rischitelli

Even without Ablett, that midfield is very good. And Day/Lynch is starting to come on as well, absolutely destroyed us today those two.

Scary.

I don't think I've ever seen that many soft free kicks that resulted in goals against us before, it actually killed our momentum in getting the lead, and we got some real obvious ones ignored our way. But having said that, we gave up 6 goals early and didn't transition the ball as well as GC did, the stats were pretty much even, but they ran harder to provide targets. Need Swallow, Wells, Nahas and Wood to hopefully give us some spark.

Umm, why? Because Daw kicked 1 more goal than him? Or maybe cause Black has played a huge 20 more games so he should be miles ahead? TWENTY. Not 200. Bloke is expected to kick 6 goals every week according to this board.

Because black has done next to nothing this year and is terribly out of form compared to last year.

Daw deserves an extended crack much like black and tarrant have had before him

Remove this Banner Ad

Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back