NWFA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nwfa

Former Tiprat here living down south now, wondering how my former club is traveling this year?
Travelling ok. recruited well but yet 2 get 1 of big 2, preston & vale. Beat Beach a few weeks ago, who have improved like Rats & are sitting 4th at the moment. Beach beat vale on weekend so pressure on Rats 2 beat Preston up there in couple of weeks. Top 4 good sides then big gap 2 rest. Hope that fills u in a bit.

Thanks for that mate, not much of the nwfa in the papers down this way, its hard to keep up with how they're going lol

Can anyone give any information on how many games left?? what's the ladder? peoples thoughts on who will most likely play off for the big one?

Can anyone give any information on how many games left?? what's the ladder? peoples thoughts on who will most likely play off for the big one?
Doesn't look like anyone wants 2 talk much about footy in nwfa? 2 games 2 go now, preston will finish top, vale 2nd, beach 3rd & spreyton 4th. good game this week preston vs beach. Any of top 4 can win it but think spreyton might struggle from 4th as they have hard run now from elimination final till last day in september. Good side but have only beaten 1 of the top 3. Could b preview of grand final this week @ beach but can never under estimate the vale come finals time, been there done that.

Now that is finals time, What are peoples thought's on who will win the NWFA Best & Fairest??

Josh Holland, Dallas Gallagher,Trent Shadbolt & prob Mark Lowe. One from each of top 4 where winner should come from. First 3 more deserving than Lowe as they win heaps of their own ball more than Lowe. Been good for Spreyton but plays different 2 others.

Josh Holland, Dallas Gallagher,Trent Shadbolt & prob Mark Lowe. One from each of top 4 where winner should come from. First 3 more deserving than Lowe as they win heaps of their own ball more than Lowe. Been good for Spreyton but plays different 2 others.
Dipper Aherne will take votes off Joshy !

Have the feeling moocher u don't no great deal about nwfa footy. Dipper Aherne taking votes off Josh, don't think so. Has a few others who could take a few off him but he will pick up plenty.
Maybe not, only joking as Dipper does play in the twos, know him as he is related to a few of our boys at Somerset and comes down to our games occassionally, never want to get too serious on here !

Have the feeling moocher u don't no great deal about nwfa footy. Dipper Aherne taking votes off Josh, don't think so. Has a few others who could take a few off him but he will pick up plenty.

I get the feeling you know sfa about football. Mark Lowe doesn't get his own footy? Get real you donkey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boozerman i'm picking your trying to be diplomatic in your call here. Mark Lowe wins more hard ball than Dallas Gallagher i can assure you of that. I have seen Dallas Gallagher check to see if an opposition player was ok when he got winded in the first quarter of an NTFL Grand Final! Mark Lowe doesn't win his own footy, thats funny, keep em coming. :)

Boozerman i'm picking your trying to be diplomatic in your call here. Mark Lowe wins more hard ball than Dallas Gallagher i can assure you of that. I have seen Dallas Gallagher check to see if an opposition player was ok when he got winded in the first quarter of an NTFL Grand Final! Mark Lowe doesn't win his own footy, thats funny, keep em coming. :)
Yep, Dirty Dallas came with big wraps but Devonport were not that successful when he was there, Lowe not the worst player going round, does run hard and has played plenty of Senior footy in and around the "guts", that is , centre of thr ground for the uneducated !

Yep, Dirty Dallas came with big wraps but Devonport were not that successful when he was there, Lowe not the worst player going round, does run hard and has played plenty of Senior footy in and around the "guts", that is , centre of thr ground for the uneducated !

Dallas played 2 years at Devonport and both those years played of in the grand final. Made the NTFL rep side both years and was a great club person. So that was pretty successful. Watched the final between W/Ulverstone and Spreyton on Sunday. If any NTFL players are thinking of going back to that level wont after watching the snipping that went on through this encounter. Doody from Spreyton was KING HIT and his jaw was broken in 3 places.

Dallas played 2 years at Devonport and both those years played of in the grand final. Made the NTFL rep side both years and was a great club person. So that was pretty successful. Watched the final between W/Ulverstone and Spreyton on Sunday. If any NTFL players are thinking of going back to that level wont after watching the snipping that went on through this encounter. Doody from Spreyton was KING HIT and his jaw was broken in 3 places.
Fair enough , just that so many people unfortunately judge success on Grand Final wins, were the umps not aware of the sniping ?

Fair enough , just that so many people unfortunately judge success on Grand Final wins, were the umps not aware of the sniping ?

They were. But put yourself in their shoes(umpires). They report a player. They give up their own time and go to the tribunal. They go in give evidence. The players up on charges have met before going in and have construde a story up that will help one another out. Then the tribunal either gives them a suspended or 1 week sentence. In the end the umpires say why waste my time. Repeat offenders only get 2 weeks. Yes success is only judged on GF wins. That means that there are a awful lot of football clubs that fail every year doesn't it. My top 3 in the medal

1 J Holland

2 M Lowe

3 D Gallager

They were. But put yourself in their shoes(umpires). They report a player. They give up their own time and go to the tribunal. They go in give evidence. The players up on charges have met before going in and have construde a story up that will help one another out. Then the tribunal either gives them a suspended or 1 week sentence. In the end the umpires say why waste my time. Repeat offenders only get 2 weeks. Yes success is only judged on GF wins. That means that there are a awful lot of football clubs that fail every year doesn't it. My top 3 in the medal

1 J Holland

2 M Lowe

3 D Gallager

Yeah i would run with that, reckon Dinga Viney will poll well to.

That happens in every comp where video is not being used so i don't blame the umpires either.

Disappointing what happened sunday with a few cowardly acts that happened in both seniors & 2nds. Hasn't been the norm all year & only happened from sides that were well down & didn't look like winning. NWFA need 2 launch investigation into incidents that happened so as competition doesn't get bad reputation because of a few low lifes who take their frustrations on unsuspecting victims.:thumbsdown:

1 J Holland

2 M Lowe

3 D Gallager
The dARWIN tribunal must act differently as they certainly dish out the penalties, anybody from Motton press for the medal ?Johns a proven votegetter up Shefrock way as well

The dARWIN tribunal must act differently as they certainly dish out the penalties, anybody from Motton press for the medal ?Johns a proven votegetter up Shefrock way as well

Good

Shadbolt

Lowe

lots of good players, anyones medal this year,

Preston V Vale started ok but vale died in the arse, didnt want it yesterday and with grand final birth up for grabs i thought the game would have been be a tight one.
Preston in but who will they play?, Todays game between Spreyton and Beach will be a good one, creekers should do em.

well done to Gavin Woodcock and Tim Mee in the Baldock medal count, but one thing that has me beat is that Jeremy Soden could only get one vote and this bloke has been clearly the best player in the league for the second half of the season with a number of best on ground performances and cant even get into the top ten, i would of thought he would be one of the favourites, so where is the system letting us down do we have to die his hair blonde like shane woewodin?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back