O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if the story will impact anyone, as word went round the real reason Raiders gave him the flick in the first place was due to an earlier assault/disturbance with his mrs. A lot of unhappy campers about with his signing, not just those whose spot he took but a few who did not wish to pull on the same jumper as him. I think the recruitment of him will come back to hurt them to an extent, but how much wont be fully learnt as some will deem a lack of player retention at Tigerland may come from Spargo departure/retirements/above mentioned scandal.

As for the race to the finals, seems as though Hoppers are in the box seat to pinch the 5th spot off the Raiders. Couldnt see them getting too far, but would not be surprised to see them knock off possibly Wang and maybe Lavi, although this weekends game against lavi should give us all some insight.
Out of Yarra and Albury, who seems in better shape? Albury are starting to get a few back from injury, and aside from a few rumblings should be set to give Spargo a nice send off. Yarra are also timing their run well, and the hunger of having been beaten in the last 2 gf's by albury should be more than enough to get them up and about. Lavi just seem like they have some young bodies getting sore from the bump and grind of the season, not too sure as havnt seen many of their games but just judging by results. Can anyone from Lavi comment?

Here's something for you Bourkey-rate the top 6 clubs similar to the Herald Sun into A;B and C graders spo we can find a premier between Albury and Yarrawonga;do reports on what club's need to fill to challenge in 2012.

I like these ideas alot. :thumbsu:

what do the folk on here reckon?

compare the lists...

Yarra/Albury/Lavi (let's not kid ourselves, these are the only three who can win it this year)

A graders.
B graders.
C graders.

I'd get onto doing it in the paper but i've been too busy this week trying to work out why a certain District club's coaching staff won't speak to the Sports department because of media ban imposed by the club's committee ;)

I dont know if the story will impact anyone, as word went round the real reason Raiders gave him the flick in the first place was due to an earlier assault/disturbance with his mrs. A lot of unhappy campers about with his signing, not just those whose spot he took but a few who did not wish to pull on the same jumper as him. I think the recruitment of him will come back to hurt them to an extent, but how much wont be fully learnt as some will deem a lack of player retention at Tigerland may come from Spargo departure/retirements/above mentioned scandal.

As for the race to the finals, seems as though Hoppers are in the box seat to pinch the 5th spot off the Raiders. Couldnt see them getting too far, but would not be surprised to see them knock off possibly Wang and maybe Lavi, although this weekends game against lavi should give us all some insight.
Out of Yarra and Albury, who seems in better shape? Albury are starting to get a few back from injury, and aside from a few rumblings should be set to give Spargo a nice send off. Yarra are also timing their run well, and the hunger of having been beaten in the last 2 gf's by albury should be more than enough to get them up and about. Lavi just seem like they have some young bodies getting sore from the bump and grind of the season, not too sure as havnt seen many of their games but just judging by results. Can anyone from Lavi comment?

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? Im overseas and the border mail site doesnt have anything about it.

compare the lists...

Yarra/Albury/Lavi (let's not kid ourselves, these are the only three who can win it this year)

A graders.
B graders.
C graders.

I'd get onto doing it in the paper but i've been too busy this week trying to work out why a certain District club's coaching staff won't speak to the Sports department because of media ban imposed by the club's committee ;)

Bourkey I'll keep doing your job for you-here's some more idea's to replace 1 week at a time-
*Just leave the 2 pages blank
*Fill them with noughts and crosses tables so we can get a work champion
*Do a story on a District club each week.It would give some of them much needed publicity and an opportunity to promote those within their club who are terrific volunteers or recognise player upcoming milestones etc.(look at Brent Goode-he does exactly that each Thursday with Culcairn and then follows up on Monday's with knee slapping,tummy aching in house club humour)
I'm sure there are other posters that can help improve Wednesday's paper with idea's and tkae away my Wednesday anger.When the sun came up this morning I felt better already...:thumbsu:

Bourkey I'll keep doing your job for you-here's some more idea's to replace 1 week at a time-
*Just leave the 2 pages blank
*Fill them with noughts and crosses tables so we can get a work champion
*Do a story on a District club each week.It would give some of them much needed publicity and an opportunity to promote those within their club who are terrific volunteers or recognise player upcoming milestones etc.(look at Brent Goode-he does exactly that each Thursday with Culcairn and then follows up on Monday's with knee slapping,tummy aching in house club humour)
I'm sure there are other posters that can help improve Wednesday's paper with idea's and tkae away my Wednesday anger.When the sun came up this morning I felt better already...:thumbsu:

I thoroughly enjoy and agree with (most) your posts!! Keep up the good work:thumbsu:

I thoroughly enjoy and agree with (most) your posts!! Keep up the good work:thumbsu:

Thank you Forward Pocket-I feel your love.In return may you never be pigeon holed and you work your way up to become a midfielder!
Another thing that woke me up in anger before midnight as well Bourkey-list the district top 10 goalkickers in the paper.You never know who has kicked what.Simply get an apprentice or cleaner even to log onto Sportingpulse and collate them.Just do thenm really big and take up a page each on Wednesdays:D:D

Thank you Forward Pocket-I feel your love.In return may you never be pigeon holed and you work your way up to become a midfielder!
Another thing that woke me up in anger before midnight as well Bourkey-list the district top 10 goalkickers in the paper.You never know who has kicked what.Simply get an apprentice or cleaner even to log onto Sportingpulse and collate them.Just do thenm really big and take up a page each on Wednesdays:D:D

Not a fan of Bourkey's work at all are you switch. I can understand that.

compare the lists...

A graders.
B graders.
C graders.

Could it be:

A. Sloppy journalism in the first instance
B. You actually haven't tried and don't generally speak to one of the two co-coaches
C. You did in fact speak to the assistant coach of the club which makes the comments above another rubbish statement.
D. All of the above.

Could it be:

A. Sloppy journalism in the first instance
B. You actually haven't tried and don't generally speak to one of the two co-coaches
C. You did in fact speak to the assistant coach of the club which makes the comments above another rubbish statement.
D. All of the above.

not getting into a slanging war over the internet with someone hiding behind a username, particularly over such a childish issue that shouldn't even be one.

but...

a) the story that has supposedly caused the issue (if you'd even call it that) didn't have anything to with the sports department and from what I can gather was 100 per cent accurate anyway.

b) people forget the media is a two-way street :thumbsu: when a club gets little/no coverage it's always our fault but i think you'll find it's a bit hard to quote/find out info when coaches refuse/don't answer calls...

c) that happened before this so called 'ban' commenced.

either way, the comment I made on here that started all this was clearly tongue in cheek but people seem to take themselves far too seriously these days.

i'm not concerned if they don't want to talk, that's their right and that's their choice, good luck to them... i don't have problem with the club at all.

in the end the club is the one that will lose out of it if they don't want to talk. free publicity is exactly that. free.

anyway, i'm staying off here for a while...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North matched Lavy blow for blow yesterday and lost with a kick after the siren. They are a better team than many think and may be a wildcard in the finals. Not that they will make the grand final but i wouldnt feel confident playing them in the first two weeks of finals.

good work from corowa appointing mooney for the next couple of years. he has done very well and there is a lot of love between him and the club. look out for aaron henneman to be back with the roos next year. that will get the town excited and will bring back some very solid local boys.:thumbsu:

Saw an interesting sight on Monday. Was in having some repair work on the old knees, and had Albury Duo CHris Hyde and ANdrew Carey next to me having knee surgery. Albury looking to give the boys a touch up before theri first final in 20 odd days.

See if the Border Mail has the balls to ask them about this ? OR does Mr Joss own the scribes as well !!!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Obviously nothing happening in the league at the moment. Has some interest wained now that Lavington have dropped away a little leaving it pretty much up to the Pigeons and Tigers to have a 3rd crack at each other on the big stage.

Seeing as no one is talking much about the finals, lets see if anyone has any mail on comings or goings at clubs for the coming year.

How about club best and fairests?

Smokies for the league medal?

Obviously nothing happening in the league at the moment. Has some interest wained now that Lavington have dropped away a little leaving it pretty much up to the Pigeons and Tigers to have a 3rd crack at each other on the big stage.

Seeing as no one is talking much about the finals, lets see if anyone has any mail on comings or goings at clubs for the coming year.

Sorry Greg-it's angry Wednesday:eek:Bourkey is there any chance your paper could put in the top 10 district league goalkickers or do a write up on the O&M reserve grade competition similar to what the Express do with the Under 18's?The reserve grade comp is in dire need of some positive promotion and a weekly write up could give some youngsters some recognition they would get if they headed bush instead.I have been saving my $1.30 on a Wednesday of late but that could be a perfect day to do it and replace it for a segment you had running there for a while.(Is it still going-if not I can begin to buy Wednesday's paper again)

My tip for the Morris, is - Karl Norman, with Micheal Stevens very close behind!

Alburys B&F - Shaun Daly, Joel Mackie - Smokie Josh Maher
Corowa - Mark Ainley, Shaun Mooney - Smokie Jarrod Lane
Lavi - Matt Pendergast, Jay Banks - Nic Sedgewick
Myrtlyeford - Harley Ryan, Josh Chapman smokie - Aaron McIllroy
North Albury - Brandon Ryan, Brent Piltz Smokie - Charlie McAdam
Wodonga - Zach Jones, Josh Walker Smokie - ???
Raiders - Luke Shilg, Mark Doolan Smokie - Ayden Brown
Rovers -Karl Norman, Andy Hill Smokie ???
Wang - Jamie Allen, Dan Boyle Smokie - Matt Robinson
Yarra - Micheal Stevens, Drew Barns - Jeremy O'brien

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back