O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hyde might win the medal this year just because of his class and the tigers winning so many games. The games this week should be interesting will be interesting if the lavington kids stand up as they were getting tired toward the end of the season but its finals time now so ill think they have a real good shot at yarra. Wang should be able to take care of the raiders nothing impresses be about them, great job to get into the finals but are too inconsistent. Should be a close game though good luck to all teams :thumbsu:

I reckon the morris will be one out the following - Karl Norman, Brandon Ryan, Shaun Daly, Luke Schilg, Michael Stevens. Norman's year has been massive but have they won enough games. As for a smokey possibly Jay Banks or Josh Maher as both have put in a quote a few BOG performances.

This weeks games could be interesting, but i doubt it. Yarra are starting to gather some serious momentum and should easily take care of a tired and worn down lavi side. As for Raiders and Wang, who knows? Both have been up and down more than an elevator, lets hope its a close one. For me, Wang by a couple of goals as they just possess a little more class.

4111763536.jpg

:thumbsu:Really like the friday footy mix. Spot on with most of their picks for the clubs B&Fs. Great weather wouldbe super excited if I was playing in the finals. I like Sedwick for the rising star kept his spot and performed well in a lavington team that only lost twice during the year.

:thumbsu:really like the friday footy mix. Spot on with most of their picks for the clubs b&fs. Great weather wouldbe super excited if i was playing in the finals. I like sedwick for the rising star kept his spot and performed well in a lavington team that only lost twice during the year.

how much has the standard of o and m dropped in last few years.. If it keeps up hume league will take over

Theres Still a massive difference between hume league and o&m buddy, ive seen 3 hume league games this year and i could not think of a worse way of spending $10 and time on a saturday arvo

Theres Still a massive difference between hume league and o&m buddy, ive seen 3 hume league games this year and i could not think of a worse way of spending $10 and time on a saturday arvo

Spot on wizards. The o and m has definitely dropped off in recent years, yet remains miles ahead of the hume league atm. Just look at the fact o and m 2's players head out to the hume league to become regular senior players in the hume. After also seeing a couple of hume league games this year, a fair gap needs to be bridged for them to catch up let alone take over.

how much has the standard of o and m dropped in last few years.. If it keeps up hume league will take over

Surely you jest my man! Not so much the O&M 2's players that go out to be regular senior players in the Hume but there aren't many Hume league 'stars' that give the O&M a try and make much of a fist of it. Albury versus Walla hahahaha!!!!! not very well thought through!

Massive Merv reckons that the raiders are sadly overated. After all, Wangaratta lost to Myrtleford the week before so weren't traveling that well. Lavington fell over the line against North and really didn't want to meet them in the finals....that's why they let raiders beat them the following week.....to deny North a finals berth......is everyone keeping up?
Therefore, my massive brain predicts that Lavy will wipe the floor with raiders....who will be praying for rain to at least get close.... you know it makes sense.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive Merv reckons that the raiders are sadly overated. After all, Wangaratta lost to Myrtleford the week before so weren't traveling that well. Lavington fell over the line against North and really didn't want to meet them in the finals....that's why they let raiders beat them the following week.....to deny North a finals berth......is everyone keeping up?
Therefore, my massive brain predicts that Lavy will wipe the floor with raiders....who will be praying for rain to at least get close.... you know it makes sense.....

:thumbsu: Great post look at their results. Lost to Bulldogs(Almost twice), North and the roos all teams outside the 5. Had 77 and 93 point losses to albury and 10 goal loses to Wang,Yarra and lavington during the season. Very lucky to be there, competion very weak outside the top 3 this year.
(And yes i do know they beat lavi and yarra but who really cares ;)

:thumbsu: Great post look at their results. Lost to Bulldogs(Almost twice), North and the roos all teams outside the 5. Had 77 and 93 point losses to albury and 10 goal loses to Wang,Yarra and lavington during the season. Very lucky to be there, competion very weak outside the top 3 this year.
Lewis#3 No one is looking at the past games now. Look where they finished, played some great footy and had a couple of bad games.. Look at the other upsets during the year that no one would have predicted. Atleast they finished higher up the ladder than your wooden spooners. Raiders will give it a red hot go on Sunday. We will just have to wait and see the outcome. Don't right them off Massive Merv they wont give up without a fight.

These guys on 2AY have to be joking right?? John Spencer from the raiders kicking 100 goals next year? They have lost the plot don't get me wrong he is a really good kid but c'mon. Lavi play the press and he sits back deep that is why he has kicked 7 goals both times. If anything credit their midfield of the raiders

Must agree with Robbo, we have never blown our own trumpet and we are in our second final as like last year :thumbsu: and as Scotty Meyer said in the paper today "we had every right to be going backwards after losing Pierri, Cook & Georgiadis" (not forgetting Gorupic) :eek:
We were and will be up and down as a youing side does but just make sure Lewis if you do want to stir the pot, DO IT WITH YOUR WOODEN SPOON ! :rolleyes:

These guys on 2AY have to be joking right?? John Spencer from the raiders kicking 100 goals next year? They have lost the plot don't get me wrong he is a really good kid but c'mon. Lavi play the press and he sits back deep that is why he has kicked 7 goals both times. If anything credit their midfield of the raiders

Perhaps Sanson shouldnt give Spencer the lattitude of his full back running off him being the big unit he is as he will hurt you on the rebound with his size (yes 7 goals against them both times) :thumbsu:
If the big fella really knew how damaging he could be with his weight and size he would really punish some opposition backman.:)
I wont back him for 100 next year but I will back him for a big year in 2012.:p

Perhaps Sanson shouldnt give Spencer the lattitude of his full back running off him being the big unit he is as he will hurt you on the rebound with his size (yes 7 goals against them both times) :thumbsu:
If the big fella really knew how damaging he could be with his weight and size he would really punish some opposition backman.:)
I wont back him for 100 next year but I will back him for a big year in 2012.:p
"Big" being the operative word.What a cracker of a game yesterday.Had everything-love to see Carey with two good knees.They get it on like king kong these two sides.A post script to a G/F clash to these two sides might be the antaganists of both sides(McMillan and Barnes from Yarrawonga and J Maher Albury) might get away with off the ball stuff but if the game is decided either way late in the last quarter there could well be some retaliation coming.

Must agree with Robbo, we have never blown our own trumpet and we are in our second final as like last year :thumbsu: and as Scotty Meyer said in the paper today "we had every right to be going backwards after losing Pierri, Cook & Georgiadis" (not forgetting Gorupic) :eek:
We were and will be up and down as a youing side does but just make sure Lewis if you do want to stir the pot, DO IT WITH YOUR WOODEN SPOON ! :rolleyes:

Great game today was over inside 15 minuets. ;) Very good side Lavington and will give it a real shake next week need to make the most of their opportunities as that lead could of been way more today.Will hurt them next week if they cant take them. Good season by the raiders and well done to win the final but once again a disappointing end like last year.

Great game today was over inside 15 minuets. ;) Very good side Lavington and will give it a real shake next week need to make the most of their opportunities as that lead could of been way more today.Will hurt them next week if they cant take them. Good season by the raiders and well done to win the final but once again a disappointing end like last year.
New you would be on rubbin it in Lewis #3.. What don't you understand!!! Raiders had a great year with the team they had this year, compared to last year. Lets talk about disappointment as you would know all about that. Anyway Lavington played a great game. Good luck to them in the finals.

Don’t think you can read robbo might want to get them eyes checked. The raiders would be disappointed with that result. Many might of thought they could not of won but their supporters thought they could of got closer especially on a wet day.
Yeah and i’m not sure if you are aware of this too but disappointment is far from the bulldogs minds, in fact if you look at the premiership table you might see the club as a whole has the most premierships out of any club in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovens_&_Murray_Football_League :thumbsu:
Yeah this year was disappointing but is was all about building a foundation with big stars bought in to play with all local talent. Doesn't help if you 170,000 in debt too. Which is getting paid off at a steady rate.

Don’t think you can read robbo might want to get them eyes checked. The raiders would be disappointed with that result. Many might of thought they could not of won but their supporters thought they could of got closer especially on a wet day.
Yeah and i’m not sure if you are aware of this too but disappointment is far from the bulldogs minds, in fact if you look at the premiership table you might see the club as a whole has the most premierships out of any club in the league.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovens_&_Murray_Football_League :thumbsu:
Yeah this year was disappointing but is was all about building a foundation with big stars bought in to play with all local talent. Doesn't help if you 170,000 in debt too. Which is getting paid off at a steady rate.

Hmmm most premierships, hints the reasons there in debt. :thumbsu:

New you would be on rubbin it in Lewis #3.. What don't you understand!!! Raiders had a great year with the team they had this year, compared to last year. Lets talk about disappointment as you would know all about that. Anyway Lavington played a great game. Good luck to them in the finals.
I think the Raiders should be pretty disappointed with their efforts on Sunday, too many little blokes who get knocked off the ball, not enough physical presence out on the ground whilst continually turning the ball over with hand or foot across the centre of the ground. They are in desperate need of some size and experience but give them credit they got to a 1st semi with a team of locals and on a shoe string budget.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back