O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Raiders will struggle each week to fit guys in under the points. I've been informed that Jarrah was at training last night. So not sure how that will go down. The TAC twins will be very handy is what I've been told. Will Creswell have to pick one pointers even though they aren't up to it. They will make great bench warmers. Yarra shouldn't have a problem with points because half of the recuirts are returning players.
I wonder if anyone will chase Pratt after the Dogs cut him loose. ?
At $30k a year to play behind the ball....short answer would be No

Talking a family member of midfielder Chris Hyde at the weekend and the mail is Chris is over the moon to have team mate and new coach Shaun Daly back with him around stoppages this year. It was a formidable partnership in 2012/13. He has become a super impressive leader and influential coach. Some recent success at Mayne over the last 3 years adds to an already impressive football CV, however the Tigers faithful will be rapt to have him back.

Talking a family member of midfielder Chris Hyde at the weekend and the mail is Chris is over the moon to have team mate and new coach Shaun Daly back with him around stoppages this year. It was a formidable partnership in 2012/13. He has become a super impressive leader and influential coach. Some recent success at Mayne over the last 3 years adds to an already impressive football CV, however the Tigers faithful will be rapt to have him back.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think Albury will win it this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think Albury will win it this year.

Agree. I can't see Yarra being able to kick huge scores in all honesty. I know McMillan and co have returned but the loss of Fev and Pettifer is huge. I think Yarra will be a lot better defensive than they were last year with Motor and Lawless returning across half back, however daylight with the top 3 Albury, Yarra and Lavington and then the rest of the comp again this year unfortunately.

Wangaratta went down to greensborough by 5 goals after a dominant first half. Revised game time due to heat.
Greensborough kicked 5 goals to 1 point in the last 1/4.
Newton kicked 5.4 out of 7 goals in an impressive outing. Wang has some very good young kids coming through who were also impressive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard Lavington are doing 4 sessions a week. If that's true I admire their dedication in trying to achieve the flag.

I've heard Lavington are doing 4 sessions a week. If that's true I admire their dedication in trying to achieve the flag.
Things haven't changed then. Back in the day they always did 4 sessions. Tuesday training. Thursday training session followed by recovery at Sporties. And saturday night session at Sporties again. That's for sessions.

hearing rumours that nick Doyle has pulled the pin on going to Yarra ? Anyone want to clear this up ? If so we're is he headed ?

Wodonga Raiders easy over Tuggeranong Hawks in a match played in Canberra on Friday night. The Hawks in the first quarter dominated on the field and everywhere except on the scoreboard kicking inaccurately with 1 goal 6 behinds. From there Wodonga wokeup and with their zone defence were able to prevent Tuggeranong getting forward past the midfield area. I don't know any of the Wodonga players but Number 20 took a decent pack mark just outside the goal square reminding me of a young Jonathan Brown. Wodonga pretty much dominated the match from the second quarter onwards but let in a few scrappy goals in the third quarter. The match finished early by about three minutes as one of the Hawks players required a stretcher after a sickening blow. Wodonga 15.10.100 Tuggeranong 4.9.33

By getting Fev to play a farewell game on the Easter weekend against the Rovers I think Yarra have turned what could have been a fizzer into what could be the biggest gate yet. Massive.

Good to have footy back. Only 22 games until Albury take home the trophy again.
Tips for this week -
Albury to beat Lavi. Even though Lavi normally play well against Albury in early rounds I suspect there is a bit of excitement about Daniel Cross playing.
Raiders to beat Wang by only a small margin. Don't know a lot about either side. A lot will rest in Michael Newton for Wang.
North to beat Corowa. Hope Corowa put up a good showing.
Myrtleford to beat Wodonga. Wodonga have lost Pratt and Hollands who won the last two B&F's. Also lost Zach Jones. I don't really think they could afford to lose anyone.
Yarrawonga to thrash Rovers. There will be a massive buzz with Fev playing. No Hartwig for Rovers might mean Fev could be in for a huge day.

Remove this Banner Ad

O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back