Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
I can remember a show that channel 10 aired about 10 years ago called Yasmin’s Getting Married that centered around the audience picking a bloke for this woman to marry. It completely flopped and was pulled from the air after just a week.

Any others that have quickly faded into the ether?

How about that animated talk show? Can't remember the name but the host was CGI. Was supposed to be a big thing but also flopped big time. I think I watched about 5 minutes before switching off.

Edit: Googled it, David Tench Tonight. Not sure how they ever thought it would work.

How about that animated talk show? Can't remember the name but the host was CGI. Was supposed to be a big thing but also flopped big time. I think I watched about 5 minutes before switching off.

Edit: Googled it, David Tench Tonight. Not sure how they ever thought it would work.
Worked alright for the Rick Gervais show. Slightly different though I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Doe (I loved it so of course its given the flick)
Andy Richter Controls the Universe (as above)
Nowhere Man
Man Oh Man
Every single Australian Drama Channel 10 created during the 1990s (Sweat, that Gary Sweet one, uh... A Country Practice reboot, that one with Alissa Jane Cook, etc)
Now and Again (why the **** would they cancel this????)
Ed (more obscure now due to lack of DVD releases)

The gimmick with David Tench was that he was CGI but the guests were real. So basically they sat there and spoke to an empty desk that got filled in in post-production.
-1650826350.jpg

The gimmick with David Tench was that he was CGI but the guests were real. So basically they sat there and spoke to an empty desk that got filled in in post-production.
-1650826350.jpg
Oh wow that is horrible.

Massively different.

If anything, I'd say it was closer to Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Massively different.

If anything, I'd say it was closer to Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.
To be fair I had no idea what what it was about, I just assumed it was all animated, now I know otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Back