Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit young to notice those but I remember Sex/Life on Channel 10.

Well I remember watching it for about a minute and dad forcefully telling me to change the channel.

Sex/Life was an absolute goldmine for a young lad. I had a TV in my room so you better believe I was in my bedroom by 9:30 every Wednesday night. Bring it back I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if obscure but as there was only 6 episodes Police Squad was classic

"Cigarette?"
"Yes, I know"

Yeah comedy gold. Was cancelled because "you had to watch it too enjoy it", it had a lot of visual gags.

I could understand some not liking it, but if you have not seen it then give it a go. All six episodes are available on You Tube.

Sex/Life was an absolute goldmine for a young lad. I had a TV in my room so you better believe I was in my bedroom by 9:30 every Wednesday night. Bring it back I say.

I had Optus Vision in my room when I was about 14-15 onwards and there was also a similar show from the US called Real Sex on Comedy Channel that always stuck me to my bed late on a Sunday night.

"Cigarette?"
"Yes, I know"

Yeah comedy gold. Was cancelled because "you had to watch it too enjoy it", it had a lot of visual gags.

I could understand some not liking it, but if you have not seen it then give it a go. All six episodes are available on You Tube.

Obviously most know that Police Squad went on to become The Naked Gun but for anybody unaware and like the style a very similar premise has been used by the very recent Steve Carrell created 'Angie Tribeca' which is pretty ok.

Also, both were bettered for mine by the far more skillful 'Sledgehammer'.

The House From Hell (circa 1998, was probably the precursor to Big Brother), radio "experiment" that put 6 people in the same house and recorded the outcome. can remember it being pretty entertaining

Breakers had me hooked for a couple years, quality viewing straight after sports tonight, such diverse story lines never before seen on an Australian soap

Live & Kicking - Jason Dunstall's first foray into hosting on a Wednesday night

A couple that I used to watch after school were Spellbinder and Miraculous Mellops. Also the show my avatar is from - Mysterious Cities of Gold.

So that's where it's from!

The House From Hell (circa 1998, was probably the precursor to Big Brother), radio "experiment" that put 6 people in the same house and recorded the outcome. can remember it being pretty entertaining

Not a bad show that one. Definitely set the groundwork for Big Brother.

Live & Kicking - Jason Dunstall's first foray into hosting on a Wednesday night

I actually didn't mind Live and Kicking. Wasn't bad for something different. And of course it gave us the Not/It's The Crows Again songs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Back