Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Did LOL at these oddds

So basically a maiden with a 1.05 favourite. On the tote some guy puts around 5000 bucks on an outsider to place to drive up the place dividends of the favourite. Favourite paid 1.10 for the win and 3.70 for a place. 3rd paid 64.80 for a place snd 4.80 fixed

I’m very curious how this plays out online. I reckon the guy went too far and probably ended up with the online bêts being voided? Surely Sportsbet and co ain’t paying that out ?

The only way you can turn a profit out of that (potentially) is get on someone like a Sportsbet who pay the tote dividend as the bets placed through the corps don't directly have an impact on the tote pools, the problem here is that they only offer middle tote, he'd have got 1.00 the place.

It wouldn't have worked for him.

Did LOL at these oddds

So basically a maiden with a 1.05 favourite. On the tote some guy puts around 5000 bucks on an outsider to place to drive up the place dividends of the favourite. Favourite paid 1.10 for the win and 3.70 for a place. 3rd paid 64.80 for a place snd 4.80 fixed

I’m very curious how this plays out online. I reckon the guy went too far and probably ended up with the online bêts being voided? Surely Sportsbet and co ain’t paying that out ?
The 6 in this race is an absolute fence crasher, looks like the 8 was actually a really good bet for the place but got turned sideways at the first turn. Don't think they intended to manipulate the tote. But yeah damn if 2 guys do that on different totes then the payouts with other bookies on midi div becomes quite lucrative. Problem is with the races being so obscure it's very easy for the bookies to investigate and either ban or sue.

Scone R5, Sharp Shock; maybe just a watch? He's already eligible for The Big Dance having won the Coonamble Cup.

It's a very interesting training path Northam has gone for. 1600 back to 1100, there's been a bit of money around for him but none of it is mine. Perhaps a tick over run? He's also going to be carrying a bit of weight, if Richie Callandar goes missing in the pre-race just check the jockey room, he might be throwing the silks on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back