October Daily Punt - aka Hartnell v Winx #confirmed

First one over the line in the CP...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

expected given one was a horse race and the other was a rolling start track work gallop built for late speed.

what was interesting is how close the 3yo's were to the toorak. both sexes for that matter.

Yep. outside the CP the Coolmoore will be the most anticipated race of the season.
Haven't seen sectionals yet, what chance you give Star Turn to roll EC?

Yep. outside the CP the Coolmoore will be the most anticipated race of the season.
Haven't seen sectionals yet, what chance you give Star Turn to roll EC?

Astern, ST and EC are all equal, or very close to IMO. 2L back to Capitalist, Flying Artie and Russian Revolution who also are hard to split.

flying artie genuinely 50-50 if it comes up after a sesamoid injury so he will be interesting.

Astern, ST and EC are all equal, or very close to IMO. 2L back to Capitalist, Flying Artie and Russian Revolution who also are hard to split.

flying artie genuinely 50-50 if it comes up after a sesamoid injury so he will be interesting.

Yep, FA the wild card, keen to see how he returns in the Blue Sapphire next week

expected given one was a horse race and the other was a rolling start track work gallop built for late speed.

what was interesting is how close the 3yo's were to the toorak. both sexes for that matter.
Yeah I thought Rokkii might go to a new level out to the mile, but he didn't really ping in the straight.

He's either found his mark or wants 2000m, I'm just doing the form now - how did you see him compared to last run?

Yeah I thought Rokkii might go to a new level out to the mile, but he didn't really ping in the straight.

He's either found his mark or wants 2000m, I'm just doing the form now - how did you see him compared to last run?

he was good, i was hoping for very good but it didn't happen. probably equal or slightly behind last start at first look, i really liked him heading into it, he was looking like the one that might have been a bit unexposed in a cox plate but he's probably pretty well exposed for what he's capable of now (1-2L off WFA)

34.93/12.07, 600/200 doesn't scream 2000 or superb amount of improvement although he's shown he can run 2000 to a high level.

was sort of in the "that's expected but i learnt nothing category"

Just looking through the sectionals and geez EC last 200m was slick in the Moir. The big question mark I have though is can he reproduce down the straight?

he was good, i was hoping for very good but it didn't happen. probably equal or slightly behind last start at first look, i really liked him heading into it, he was looking like the one that might have been a bit unexposed in a cox plate but he's probably pretty well exposed for what he's capable of now (1-2L off WFA)

34.93/12.07, 600/200 doesn't scream 2000 or superb amount of improvement although he's shown he can run 2000 to a high level.

Ok thanks, that's kinda how I saw it too. Deserves his crack at WFA but I don't really wanna go diving into him next start in better company. Think Tosen might've got him on Saturday, all things being equal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Horse ran at Bendigo the other day. Ran 9th in a field of 14 on a Heavy 8 over 1600. Just didn't handle the track one bit. None of the favourite did and I spoke to Williams who rides another of mine and the one he was in ran terrible and he thinks it's a Derby chance.

Jockey said wants more distance. If all goes well and we get the run, 3 Year Old Geelong Classic over 2200m.

Form to come out of his 2yr old prep is good coming up against Throssell, Inference, Beach Life and beating home Bella Sorrellista and a couple of other city placed horses.

3yr old form pretty inconclusive really. Second against a David Hayes stakes placed horse that died 3 weeks later and has had some genuine excuses in other runs. But he really should have beat Ribbon of Choice first up. Fitness just cost him there. That horse ran ok in the city.

He's Derby nominated(hence heading the the classic) and I've got $1000 ew just incase.

I had another have a jump out the other day, shouldn't be too far off racing and another that had a jump out and did well, but we're sending her out to the paddock for now.

3yr old form pretty inconclusive really. Second against a David Hayes stakes placed horse that died 3 weeks later and has had some genuine excuses in other runs.
Geez, tough game. Was wondering when she was gonna show up again.

I don't think it's a pipe dream to throw him into those sorta races - the colts aren't (not the sprinters) anything special IMO, if your bloke relishes a step up in trip and take some natural improvement then I'm sure he'd be competitive. Good luck.

Looks like they've gone a LOT faster in the middle stages in the Toorak, then sorta crawled home. Doesn't say much for those who finished in the back half.

I reckon Harlow Gold has a lap on So Si Bon and Sacred Elixir - good betting opportunity in the Vase cos I think they'll both open shorter than her.

Geez, tough game. Was wondering when she was gonna show up again.

I don't think it's a pipe dream to throw him into those sorta races - the colts aren't (not the sprinters) anything special IMO, if your bloke relishes a step up in trip and take some natural improvement then I'm sure he'd be competitive. Good luck.

Will be interesting to see the noms when they come out. Thanks!

whats everyones early bets for caulf on wednesday?
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

October Daily Punt - aka Hartnell v Winx #confirmed

Back