October - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

oh, i am not worried at all lol.

Was merely trying to point out it happens often enough to not be even remotely strange, and it's not like they did some different calculations to get to that result. It is pretty cut and dried. As far from strange as you could get actually.

But now i am digressing, and i shouldn't. Cardiac carol wouldn't be worth an argument, seeing how the last two days he has actually posted his tips before the races, and hasn't got close to a profit, i wouldn't bother. That just shows us what we are working with here now!

;)

vinnie - can you stop stalking me please you Troll!!

Dingster????

One shot one kill. I haven't seen the race yet....but it doesn't sound like a form race for the Cup this year.

Bauer's run was a perfect MC trial.

Just needs some luck to get in.

The winner was very impressive too.

I certainly won't be leaving them out of the multiples come cup day if they both start.

Only thing i like is the nag I have been following in Sept. is in R1 #9 at Rocky so I'll have a crack at her.

Just a Quaddie today

1,4,5,6,/1,3,6,/6,11,12/8,12,13.

Guys just a note, I noticed yesterdays VIC Quaddie pool on Vic Tab was $ 1 million more than NSW TAB pool, so if having Quaddie on Vic races I reckon the Vic pool will always be bigger and provide on average better returns, just a thought.

GL

Cheers

CC

Only thing i like is the nag I have been following in Sept. is in R1 at Rocky so I'll have a crack at her.

Just a Quaddie today

1,4,5,6,/1,3,6,/6,11,12/8,12,13.

Guys just a note, I noticed yesterdays VIC Quaddie pool on Vic Tab was $ 1 million more than NSW TAB pool, so if having Quaddie on Vic races I reckon the Vic pool will always be bigger and provide on average better returns, just a thought.

GL

Cheers

CC

A bigger pool doesn't equal a bigger Div though, look at unitab for instance. They often pay over what the other two totes do. $1 million more in the pool they must have had a jackpot?

A bigger pool doesn't equal a bigger Div though, look at unitab for instance. They often pay over what the other two totes do. $1 million more in the pool they must have had a jackpot?

yeah I know that's why i put in 'average'

The NZ quaddies are good on Saturday morning, you can load up and virtually take a big slice as pool is not big.

I think Vic Tab are whacking in another 1 or 2 million on Quaddies pools over Spring?...i could be wrong

Pools were around Vic $1.16mill NSW 0.16mill It was a big day yesterday with the GC - you would have been there KP.

yeah I know that's why i put in 'average'

The NZ quaddies are good on Saturday morning, you can load up and virtually take a big slice as pool is not big.

I think Vic Tab are whacking in another 1 or 2 million on Quaddies pools over Spring?...i could be wrong

cheers

I think they are more topping up to get to a Mil not actually putting it in themselves. But once you tell people there is $1MIL guarantee they all lose their mind and the pool gets to 2.5 MIL anyway! (I may be guilty of that:eek:)

The bigger pool I find often pays better especially this time of year because you have a lot of 'mug' punters money involved that boosts the divs. Victab in my experience has been far better payouts on average than NSWtab. Probably just means NSW punters are better.

The jackpots certainly help. But one thing to be wary of is the corporates like Sportingbet don't include the TAB jackpots in their quaddie payouts so you need to get on via the TAB. Shit people they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they are more topping up to get to a Mil not actually putting it in themselves. But once you tell people there is $1MIL guarantee they all lose their mind and the pool gets to 2.5 MIL anyway! (I may be guilty of that:eek:)

Yeah they 'guarantee' the pool will reach X amount and most the time don't have to tip a cent in because the punters eyes light up and they push the pool to that figure and beyond themselves!

The bigger pool I find often pays better especially this time of year because you have a lot of 'mug' punters money involved that boosts the divs. Victab in my experience has been far better payouts on average than NSWtab. Probably just means NSW punters are better.

The jackpots certainly help. But one thing to be wary of is the corporates like Sportingbet don't include the TAB jackpots in their quaddie payouts so you need to get on via the TAB. Shit people they are.

I can get around it by going down to my local in Sydney or using my VIC online depending on where the jackpot is :cool: I didn't realise that sportingbet did that. Cheeky buggers... does that also include First 4's etc? Sportingbet also cap their quaddie payouts at $50k is that right? People give the TAB a hard time but I think they are great, you might not get the bonuses but you aren't going to get completely shafted either.

I'm pretty sure the corporates are just contributing to the quaddie pool, and are paid out of the same pool.

I usually do my quaddies with Sportsbet, and their div has never been any different to whatever the home tote is.

Anyone know for sure?

They do include them because there is no way they would be able to exclude the jackpot component when determing the dividend. As long as you select the TAB with the jackpot you can still participate.

They do include them because there is no way they would be able to exclude the jackpot component when determing the dividend. As long as you select the TAB with the jackpot you can still participate.

They can determine the jackpot component. They know all this information.

I've spoken to Sportingbet about it.

Corporates don't keep 17% of the pool either. Seriously, the jack pots amount to FA in the scheme of things. At least they offer a best tote on exotics for big races and at middle at any other time. The TAB's have the easiest ride in the world, they hardly give you an incentive to punt with them.

My tips for today

Hawkesbury

Race 3 - American Mistress unplaced
Race 4 - Raging To Win
Race 6 - Hot Snap
Race 7 - Thrillers

Quad: 1,2,3/1,2,6/1/1,2,4,5,9

Ballarat

Race 4: Absolute News
Race 6: Tango Express
Race 8: Huevos Rancheros

Quad 1,4,5,6/3,5/1,4,5,6,9,12/2,8,13

Yeah they 'guarantee' the pool will reach X amount and most the time don't have to tip a cent in because the punters eyes light up and they push the pool to that figure and beyond themselves!

Yep. And just to be sure they always put a ~$5 token for a free bet (or free part of bet) in the paper. I suppose some people would just take a $5 free quaddie but when their take is 20% they only need someone to have a $30 quad (including the $5 free) that they wouldn't have usually taken to get their money back.

Remove this Banner Ad

October - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back