Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not ready for anything beyond a development role and probably not a popular choice but this is who came to mind for me.

Schofield hates us, doesn't he? He'd probably rather build a WAFL powerhouse to stop Peel.

Corey Enright would be a good get, but I imagine anyone we could lure from over east would need a promotion to come.

Reckon its over rated personally.
Longmuir is well regarded coz of those credentials. Many here not convinced he's a senior coach.
Mundy would be an elite coach, coz everything he does is Elite
Reckon mundy should stay in the media so he never has to put another side's polo on.

He is probably too close to the players atm anyway he did play with a lot of them.

Michael Barlow would be my choice bleeds purple has coached Werribee.

Reckon mundy should stay in the media so he never has to put another side's polo on.

He is probably too close to the players atm anyway he did play with a lot of them.

Michael Barlow would be my choice bleeds purple has coached Werribee.

I am pretty sure Mundy has no interest in coaching and that he is very comfortable in his media gig; I think that probably sits well with his family life as well in a way that coaching will not.

I am not sure about the Adam Simpson option, but it would be great to get an experienced assistant coach who is one on one teacher who can be on the bench to give the players some support when needed. I respect JLo for staying up in the box and maintaining a view of the bigger picture of the game, but I think many other coaches (and their respective players) are also seeing the benefits of being able to coach from the bench and talk through those individual learning experiences that players have.

Off the top of my head, these coaches, as players, were known for being aggressive, almost dirty: Leigh Matthews, Damien Hardwick, Chris Scott, Alastair Clarkson, Sam Mitchell, Josh Carr. I strongly believe we need to get an up and comer with a bit of mongrel like this us as an assistant coach. Not that my opinion matters much…

Off the top of my head, these coaches, as players, were known for being aggressive, almost dirty: Leigh Matthews, Damien Hardwick, Chris Scott, Alastair Clarkson, Sam Mitchell, Josh Carr. I strongly believe we need to get an up and comer with a bit of mongrel like this us as an assistant coach. Not that my opinion matters much…
Your opinion matters as much as any of us nuffs here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of Simpson's kids love it here in Perth, so they are all keen to stay. For those reasons I can see that a Freo position would be very attractive to him.

Schofield probably hates even more than Baker did (does).
I'm sure it would be very attractive to him, but not good for us.

Funny about JG, not all that long ago some here and other Freo site were calling for his head.
But, such is footy.
His flaws in coaching forwards were questioned and nothing much has changed. Something going on with Amis that he's not been able to address.

However, there is some very weird WCE love going on around here.

I'll think you'll find the same people questioning are still questioning.

It's the WCE coach loving that has gone into overdrive.

That's really weird.
People just want some experience backing up JLo behind the scenes, we can’t lure Chocko or Lepich over to WA, Simpson is the only ex AFL coach we can come close to landing and it doesn’t hurt that he has previously worked with JLo (although role reversal would take some pride swallowing on his behalf)
Edit: many of the same posters like the idea of Buckley but again no hope of getting him to relocate to WA.

Scott Burns might be someone you could squeeze out of Adelaide. Has lived in Perth before and plenty of experience. Might depend on if he thinks he's a chance to takeover from Nicks.

Might be able to pick someone out of Melbourne? Troy Chaplin is their backline coach, I remember him being a bit of a flog as a player but we could use a bit of dog in us.

Luke Power and Brad Ebert are both development coaches at Carlton we could maybe entice with a promotion. Both have history outside Victoria.

Feel like Dale Morris would be a good candidate, but doubt we can pry him out of Brisbane.

Tyson Goldsack is a WA boy and current backline coach for Port. Was only promoted fairly recently, so probably settled. Cam Sutcliffe is also a development coach there.

JL had a pretty good relationship with David Teague, wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Dean Solomon was interviewed before we hired JL, what's he up to now?

Scott Burns might be someone you could squeeze out of Adelaide. Has lived in Perth before and plenty of experience. Might depend on if he thinks he's a chance to takeover from Nicks.

Might be able to pick someone out of Melbourne? Troy Chaplin is their backline coach, I remember him being a bit of a flog as a player but we could use a bit of dog in us.

Luke Power and Brad Ebert are both development coaches at Carlton we could maybe entice with a promotion. Both have history outside Victoria.

Feel like Dale Morris would be a good candidate, but doubt we can pry him out of Brisbane.

Tyson Goldsack is a WA boy and current backline coach for Port. Was only promoted fairly recently, so probably settled. Cam Sutcliffe is also a development coach there.

JL had a pretty good relationship with David Teague, wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Dean Solomon was interviewed before we hired JL, what's he up to now?

Isn’t Teague actually available? He’d be a massive result imo.

People just want some experience backing up JLo behind the scenes, we can’t lure Chocko or Lepich over to WA, Simpson is the only ex AFL coach we can come close to landing and it doesn’t hurt that he has previously worked with JLo (although role reversal would take some pride swallowing on his behalf)
Edit: many of the same posters like the idea of Buckley but again no hope of getting him to relocate to WA.
Seriously? This feels like an episode of the twilight zone.

Bad experience is bad experience, as a couple of us realists have pointed out. Simpson is the only one that will benefit and the best case is JL might get some cuddles.

I have very little confidence in Graham as forward coach, so move him to the backs and find the best upcoming, smart, motivated, forward coach who can drill and structure the forwards successfully.

We potentially should be looking at Chris Scott and him bringing some assistants with him.

Isn’t Teague actually available? He’d be a massive result imo.
This sounds positive.

At the Crows, Blues and Tigers in 2022, his offensive intellect was widely praised. The late Phil Walsh credited Teague for Adelaide's lethal front half scoring prowess in 2017, and even though his stint at Carlton didn't bring success, his team was unashamedly attacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back