Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? This feels like an episode of the twilight zone.

Bad experience is bad experience, as a couple of us realists have pointed out. Simpson is the only one that will benefit and the best case is JL might get some cuddles.

I have very little confidence in Graham as forward coach, so move him to the backs and find the best upcoming, smart, motivated, forward coach who can drill and structure the forwards successfully.

We potentially should be looking at Chris Scott and him bringing some assistants with him.
“Us realists” “looking at Chris Scott and him bringing some assistants with him”
Ok sure

This sounds positive.

At the Crows, Blues and Tigers in 2022, his offensive intellect was widely praised. The late Phil Walsh credited Teague for Adelaide's lethal front half scoring prowess in 2017, and even though his stint at Carlton didn't bring success, his team was unashamedly attacking.
Yeah Teague is a bit of an offensive strategy guru...

Edit: many of the same posters like the idea of Buckley but again no hope of getting him to relocate to WA.
I think Buckley was at one point reviewing and offering virtual advice/mentoring last year. Given all the media commitments, he's probably spreading himself thinny thinny thin, but whether it's him or some other experienced ex-coach (Ratten?) could be drafted into a medium involvement virtual Coaching Dept role.

“Us realists” “looking at Chris Scott and him bringing some assistants with him”
Ok sure
Wet Toast fan bois exposing themselves now, having to rely on misconstruing a few words to make a fake argument. Pat yourself on the back.

The realists pointing out besides the obvious, Simpson running his club into the ground and contributing to some of the worst recruiting, player contracts and management, many (including his players) have questioned how much the flag was due to his coaching at all, or the pesky ex midfield coach.

The family, friends and flags philosophy that Simpson embraced for the vibe, stunted the development and potential of many young players, but you put him on a pedestal.

My personal thought was we should potentially be looking at Chris Scott which I'd 100% back, rather than looking at providing a superannuation option for Simpson and a cuddle buddy for JLo.

Realism would suggest that we’re never going to get chris Scott. He’ll coach Geelong for as long as he wants, but likely takes up the role at Tassie to set them before retiring on a shit load of cash.

We have to make the best of what we have access to. Simpson is still a premiership coach. West coast from the top down ****ed themselves. Recruitment was awful and gave him nothing to work with. The belief they could still contend when everyone else was saying they had to rebuild.

I want better options, we just don’t have access to them.

Seriously? This feels like an episode of the twilight zone.

Bad experience is bad experience, as a couple of us realists have pointed out. Simpson is the only one that will benefit and the best case is JL might get some cuddles.

I have very little confidence in Graham as forward coach, so move him to the backs and find the best upcoming, smart, motivated, forward coach who can drill and structure the forwards successfully.

We potentially should be looking at Chris Scott and him bringing some assistants with him.
Simple Plan Ghosts GIF by CBS

Could maybe bring Mayne in as forward line coach and move Graham to defense. Would be good if Mayne taught our forwards to tackle but maybe not so much the kicking technique.
Mayny KNOWS how to kick!
Just got a bad case of the Yips virus, sorta like Herpes, couldn't get rid of it.
I will bet he can still slot them at Cockburn and teach it too.

Realism would suggest that we’re never going to get chris Scott. He’ll coach Geelong for as long as he wants, but likely takes up the role at Tassie to set them before retiring on a shit load of cash.

We have to make the best of what we have access to. Simpson is still a premiership coach. West coast from the top down ****ed themselves. Recruitment was awful and gave him nothing to work with. The belief they could still contend when everyone else was saying they had to rebuild.

I want better options, we just don’t have access to them.
You don't think a shit load of cash to get Scott to come here after being associated with the club for three years to coach it's first premiership would be more appealing than going to Tassie?

Maybe not.

Yes, Simpson is a premiership coach in name only and you completely underestimate his role in running them into the ground.

"We have to make the best of what we have access to." "I want better options, we just don’t have access to them."

WTF are you on about? I actually can not believe the Wet Toast fan bois propping up Simpson who destroyed many young players with his "vibe" philosophy, has no track record in being able to identify, run or counter not only the latest trends, but while he was coaching, when there is talent available as discussed.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I've had to remove WCE knives from my back invited by the fan bois.

Reckon its over rated personally.
Longmuir is well regarded coz of those credentials. Many here not convinced he's a senior coach.
Mundy would be an elite coach, coz everything he does is Elite
Coaching is a profession.
For example...
The first doctors were not trained...
Great medical training does not guarantee a great doctor but...
These days the good ones all had great training!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wet Toast fan bois exposing themselves now, having to rely on misconstruing a few words to make a fake argument. Pat yourself on the back.

The realists pointing out besides the obvious, Simpson running his club into the ground and contributing to some of the worst recruiting, player contracts and management, many (including his players) have questioned how much the flag was due to his coaching at all, or the pesky ex midfield coach.

The family, friends and flags philosophy that Simpson embraced for the vibe, stunted the development and potential of many young players, but you put him on a pedestal.

My personal thought was we should potentially be looking at Chris Scott which I'd 100% back, rather than looking at providing a superannuation option for Simpson and a cuddle buddy for JLo.
Ok. Can you point out any post where I advocated for Simpson and said I didn’t want Scott? No, you can’t, I pointed out why some are advocating for Simpson, never said I was, and I am pointing out that “realists” would see there is far more chance of landing Simpson than Scott and his entourage of assistant coaches.

Last edited:
I'm not in favour of Simpson coming to Fremantle (his attitude in the hubs seemed to be a big factor in the drop off) but I can see why some would be OK with it as he has a lot of experience and is currently in WA. Not sure why that is considered "wet Toast fan bois" behaviour.

Ok. Can you point out any post where I advocated for Simpson and said I didn’t want Scott? No, you can’t, I pointed out why some are advocating for Simpson, never said I was, and I am pointing out that “realists” would see there is far more chance of landing Simpson than Scott and his entourage of assistant coaches.

I was replying to your nonsense, taking a few unrelated words from different parts of my post as if it means something, for the only purpose of making a smart arse comment.

Ok sure

So called "people" want Simpson, but not you and you hadn't even considered or mentioned Chris Scott, except for some sort of a cheap gotcha.

People just want some experience backing up JLo behind the scenes, we can’t lure Chocko or Lepich over to WA, Simpson is the only ex AFL coach we can come close to landing and it doesn’t hurt that he has previously worked with JLo

Realists will point out the "experience" Simpson can bring to JLo includes not being able to move on from a redundant game plan, running the list into the ground, dropping young players after good performances and constant selection of underperforming players.

I'm not in favour of Simpson coming to Fremantle (his attitude in the hubs seemed to be a big factor in the drop off) but I can see why some would be OK with it as he has a lot of experience and is currently in WA. Not sure why that is considered "wet Toast fan bois" behaviour.
It was far more than that, from somewhat of a front row seat for a while.

What sort of experience do you think some would be OK with?

I was replying to your nonsense, taking a few unrelated words from different parts of my post as if it means something, for the only purpose of making a smart arse comment.

So called "people" want Simpson, but not you and you hadn't even considered or mentioned Chris Scott, except for some sort of a cheap gotcha.

Realists will point out the "experience" Simpson can bring to JLo includes not being able to move on from a redundant game plan, running the list into the ground, dropping young players after good performances and constant selection of underperforming players.

Who cares

No offence but how you feel about the coaching credentialing course is irrelevant. The fact is if someone hasn't done the course they can't be employed in the AFL as a coach. So I asked the question because people often bring up Mundy's name as a potential coach but if he hasn't done the course he can't be. So it's a waste of time putting his name forward.

Not offended at all.
Kevin Sheedy didn't do the course either

I wonder if there's any chance of talking Stevie Johnson to come over for a stint of ass coaching. Currently coaching for a second successive premiership with Yarrawonga, 10 years since their last one.

Joel Corey might be able to start the ball rolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back