Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Let me think, Pullen and Ridings in the 1s (I never said they were all injuries), Thorsen broken collar bone, Lowden stress fractures, Parker medial, Stanbrook shoulder, Paul Kelly wrist, Hannan glandular fever, Ross quad tear, Boyle indefinite and Edwards broken ankle.
and out of that lot is you could probably say their 6 best midifielders/wings(pullen, ridings, throson, kelly, hannan and stranbrook), edwards their captain can play anwhere, plus their 3 ruckman (Ross, Parker, Lowden), and their centre half back (Boyle). they are serverly underdone at the moment, and will need a lot of these players back come finals time if they can make it.

Good to see the Euroa Boys getting up for there first win, not a bad score line that i see, any reports on the game fella's? Whats news with united?? they still looking strong what was the problem with Echuca besides your injury problem?

Was a very good win for the young boys at our club and Im sure they would have celebrated very hard on Saturday night. Good to see them finally win a game and what a difference dropping the boys from the seniors back to this team makes.

who is number 2 from benalla he looks like abit of a spud footballer and takes it out on his opponent when he cant get a kick.

I think everyone who is concentrating on hoo is OUT of their team needs to give that old chestnut a rest. You can only go out there on the w.e with hoo u HAVE got and try to get the best out of them. Everyone knows anyway that with a full side in, Benalla would be unbeatable.

I think everyone who is concentrating on hoo is OUT of their team needs to give that old chestnut a rest. You can only go out there on the w.e with hoo u HAVE got and try to get the best out of them. Everyone knows anyway that with a full side in, Benalla would be unbeatable.

You just highlighted why people are interested in who is out. Cause with full strength sides, who knows who would be the best team.

Let me think, Pullen and Ridings in the 1s (I never said they were all injuries), Thorsen broken collar bone, Lowden stress fractures, Parker medial, Stanbrook shoulder, Paul Kelly wrist, Hannan glandular fever, Ross quad tear, Boyle indefinite and Edwards broken ankle.

Can't wait to see what the supercoach Metcalf can conjure up with his list for the remainder of the season. Will test his depth and ability to get the best out of his players.:)

Can't wait to see what the supercoach Metcalf can conjure up with his list for the remainder of the season. Will test his depth and ability to get the best out of his players.:)

Maybe he can slip himself on the park. Doesn't look overrage. Cept for those cannons.

Seymour had an upset win against Kyabram, they ended up winnin by 4 or 5 goals, goes to show that the young Lions are Real Final Contenters this year.....GO LIONS.....:thumbsu:

Seymour had an upset win against Kyabram, they ended up winnin by 4 or 5 goals, goes to show that the young Lions are Real Final Contenters this year.....GO LIONS.....:thumbsu:
Not really an upset, Seymour are a very good team and have some excellect players who are very hard to match up on. I actually felt that they should have beaten Kyabram. Don't be suprised if Seymour finish in top 3 at the end of the year.

I reckon shepp bears are top class but need some luck with induries. thorso is a massive set back

Saying that how do u think they will shape up against Seymour who are just about at full strength, and who only have two injuries
Rhys Macreadie - broken Wrist(6-8 weeks)
Marcus Ure - Stress Fractures in right foot(3-5 weeks)
It will end up being a nail biter i recon, anyone elses thoughts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Tips for the round

Echuca Vs Mansfield-Echuca just too strong-10 goals
Eurora Vs Shepp Utd-united will run eurora off their legs-7goals
Benella Vs Rochester- Benella too strong at home5-goals
Kyabram Vs Moroopna- Match of the round will be a nail biter-less than 1 goal
Shepparton Vs Seymour-Shepp injuries list is just to big,
and Lions Have their strongest side of
the year-3-4 goals
Shepp Swans Vs Tatura-Tat are playin awesome footy at the moment,
just running teams off the legs, easy win for
them this weekend-10 goals

Anyone elses Tips or thoughts.......

I'm hearing and seeing a bit about a young bloke at Seymour playing thirds by the name of Jake Lorraine, who obviously has a lot of ability and plays good footy. How old is he? I've heard he might only be 14 or just turned 15, can someone fill me in please.

I'm hearing and seeing a bit about a young bloke at Seymour playing thirds by the name of Jake Lorraine, who obviously has a lot of ability and plays good footy. How old is he? I've heard he might only be 14 or just turned 15, can someone fill me in please.

He is 15 turned it in early december.he can still play under 15s. Hasnt had the best couple of weeks but is going okaizz..

Scores for this weekend anyone??
Benalla pumped rochester by about 80 points, farran priest, jack gallagher, brendan derbshire, james dalton and alistair jacka all had good performances... Cade Ringin for rochy was their go-to man and was probly their best on...

Saying that how do u think they will shape up against Seymour who are just about at full strength, and who only have two injuries
Rhys Macreadie - broken Wrist(6-8 weeks)
Marcus Ure - Stress Fractures in right foot(3-5 weeks)
It will end up being a nail biter i recon, anyone elses thoughts???
seymore are only just going... and by the way, when benalla played seymour there was a punch on and benalla bashed some of the seymour boys.. they didnt want the ball after that.. they dont like it physical....

seymore are only just going... and by the way, when benalla played seymour there was a punch on and benalla bashed some of the seymour boys.. they didnt want the ball after that.. they dont like it physical....

Seymour still won the game of FOOTBALL by about 4-5 goals, isn't that the reason we all play??

If we didnt want the ball, why did we win the game by 5 goals u idiot, you need to pull your head in mate, actually start watchin the footy!! and we musnt be goin to well if we beat the shepp bears today??

On a good note, the Seymour boyz fought hard all day to beat the shepp bears, Jake Loraine, Brent Voogt, Joel Lawler, Adam Loraine, Dallas Bergowicz and Andrew Green all put in the effort.....Goes to show we are premier contenders this year boyz!!

mate jst ask some of the shepp boys how phyical the game was today....and there was 1 lucky punch that hit le cerf..and numba 4 from benalla seems to crack it wen he get decked by a youngster..and hooz been winning the physical games i think wen it starts to get physical our boys step up on to a whole new level..

i think you guys need to have a good hard look at yourselves. being tough in a game footy isnt who belted who up, its which teams players are willing to put their head over the ball and win it when it needs to be won for the team. punch ups dont win you games, they just make the players concerened look like tossers. i dont care who they are. players like judd, crawford, goodes and so on didnt become the superstars they are by fighting, they worked hard getting the footy when it was a 50/50 ball. thats what makes you a tough footballer.
start having a go at the footy and not the fighting and you guys might see somethings in your game change. and it will be for the better. trust me.

he would be playing seniors for seymour if he was a year or two older. should make the transision easily as he has played plenty of reserves footy this season and has acquited himself well.
may even get a look in with the bushies for the 2008 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad