Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

If we didnt want the ball, why did we win the game by 5 goals u idiot, you need to pull your head in mate, actually start watchin the footy!! and we musnt be goin to well if we beat the shepp bears today??

On a good note, the Seymour boyz fought hard all day to beat the shepp bears, Jake Loraine, Brent Voogt, Joel Lawler, Adam Loraine, Dallas Bergowicz and Andrew Green all put in the effort.....Goes to show we are premier contenders this year boyz!!

the lion cubs are flying at the moment.. with myself, mcreadie and young ure all out which are usual starters, we could be a look in.. playing some good footy at the moment.. and wish i wasnt here in adelaide but back home along side ya fellas.. cya's in a couple of weeks and all the best this week against tat i think? waddo #6

hey fellas.. been readin this thread for a while and thought its time i had a say.. just passed half way in the season any1 wanna give me their thoughts on league b&f?? any big suprises?

hey fellas.. been readin this thread for a while and thought its time i had a say.. just passed half way in the season any1 wanna give me their thoughts on league b&f?? any big suprises?

Jimmy Cullum from united would have gone very close.. but now playing senior footy

mate jst ask some of the shepp boys how phyical the game was today....and there was 1 lucky punch that hit le cerf..and numba 4 from benalla seems to crack it wen he get decked by a youngster..and hooz been winning the physical games i think wen it starts to get physical our boys step up on to a whole new level..
#4 is frampton, he dos get a bit angry, but he is givin a bad name to number by his performances, he is gettin better but has to stop havin a sook wen he gets bumped, but he likes the push and shuff stuff and that wats gets him goin.
After the seymour benalla biff benalla were fired up and seymour softened up a fair bit for a while after it, it can change games sometimes.

now that everyone has played each other, wat r everyones predictions for the top 6 at the end of the season?

now that everyone has played each other, wat r everyones predictions for the top 6 at the end of the season?
Pretty confident that Echuca, United, Tatura and Seymour will be top four, not sure of the final order. Other 2 spots to be a battle between Kyabram, Mansfield, Mooroopna and Bears. Don't think Benella can make it unless they win all remaining games and three sides above them lose heaps of games. It will be close as the ladder shows. Sides that can maintain consistency will no doubt play off in finals. Bears could be in trouble, injuries and a form slump could see them drop further behind. They have a tough game against Mooroopna this week and could be facing their third loss in a row. Be interesting to see if coach Metcalf can turn it around. Mooroopna playing well at the moment and they would have to be favorites at this stage. My grand final call would be United vs Tatura.

#4 is frampton, he dos get a bit angry, but he is givin a bad name to number by his performances, he is gettin better but has to stop havin a sook wen he gets bumped, but he likes the push and shuff stuff and that wats gets him goin.
After the seymour benalla biff benalla were fired up and seymour softened up a fair bit for a while after it, it can change games sometimes.
Hope Benella play some off their guns this weekend to really see how good the young demons are. The demons are improving every week and with Normington (bushies), Daniels(bushies), Cullum(seniors),Campbell
(seniors) and Rendina(seniors) all to come back in at the end of the season, the dees could really have a crack. The depth at the club is great this year. Great, smart recruiting this year, small list of 26 and a bit of luck with injuries sees the dees well positioned. I hear that the dees thirds management have a taken a different approach to recruitment. They looked at future potential of players and not just who might have been a top under 16 player. Top under 16s do not always turn out to be top under 18 players. Some of these players have come on really well. For example, the dees chase Holdsy and Ryan who chose to play at Bears. The Bears cut them, they contacted the dees who still had not finalised their list and both have been top contributors with the dees. Great pickups for the dees, sometimes you need a bit of luck.

my predictions are..
Echuca
Tatura
Seymour
United
Bears
Moroopna
Interesting to note that at this stage Seymour is yet to beat a side above it on the ladder. They lost to Echuca, United and I think Tatura. They will need to beat these sides in the second round to be a real contender. I think they rely big time on Green to run the midfield (top player). They have a number of players who can be dangerous but are in and out of the game too often.

My final six will be
Echuca
United
Tatura
Seymour
Kyabram
Mooroopna

Tipping the Bears to miss finals for the first time in years. Anyone know the last time Metcalfs mob missed finals?

should check out the seymour and tat. will be a good game.. predictions??
Match of the round and Tat to win by 15pts at home if they have a full side in. They will need Ryan, Kliendiest, Hicks and MacGibbon to be available to do this. Without them Seymour by 4 goals. Not much seperating these 2 sides with only about 10% difference on the ladder.

Other big game is Bears vs Cats, with the cats to win. I think I will go and watch a local game at Tat this week instead of going to Benella, Dees should win there.

good win today by the tat boys in a hard fought game from both teams. they just had the extra run in the end of the match and mayb a few to many drinks the night b4 at the deb left the lions boys a bit lazy.. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good win today by the tat boys in a hard fought game from both teams. they just had the extra run in the end of the match and mayb a few to many drinks the night b4 at the deb left the lions boys a bit lazy.. :thumbsdown:

Yeah tat fought hard all day, especially in the last 5 minutes when they needed it, bit dissapointed with a few seymour boyz who failed to notify the coach they wernt gona turn up, its stuff like that, that can stop us playin finals footy this yr, even if the deb was the night before its still no-excuse not to turn up, you should just look after yourself and only have a couple, and not stay out till 5 in the mournin, its dissapointing boys, it lets the whole side down!!:thumbsdown:

Yeah tat fought hard all day, especially in the last 5 minutes when they needed it, bit dissapointed with a few seymour boyz who failed to notify the coach they wernt gona turn up, its stuff like that, that can stop us playin finals footy this yr, even if the deb was the night before its still no-excuse not to turn up, you should just look after yourself and only have a couple, and not stay out till 5 in the mournin, its dissapointing boys, it lets the whole side down!!:thumbsdown:
That's unreal if it's true. Possibly their biggest game of the year with a chance of staying in the hunt for a double chance. Are they fair dinkum or what! Interesting to see how their coach deals with that, postings early this year stated that he was committed to discipline. I will be looking at the selections this week to see if there are any changes. Did the lions play short or did they have other players at the ground who could fill in? all the same makes their effort on the day look a bit better considering Tat were at full strenght, only missing Buffer in the bushies.

That's unreal if it's true. Possibly their biggest game of the year with a chance of staying in the hunt for a double chance. Are they fair dinkum or what! Interesting to see how their coach deals with that, postings early this year stated that he was committed to discipline. I will be looking at the selections this week to see if there are any changes. Did the lions play short or did they have other players at the ground who could fill in? all the same makes their effort on the day look a bit better considering Tat were at full strenght, only missing Buffer in the bushies.

Very poor from a couple of the Seymour players who didn't turn up. They let their teamates and club down. The game was still in the balance up untill the last few minutes. Tat kicked the last 4 goals of the game having a bit more poise and started to win the ball in the middle when it counted. Tat looked to be a taller and stronger side, so credit to the Seymour boys who had a real dip with some strong tackling.

Just wondering if anybody had any tips for thirds BnF this year. I no i had a fair bit of trouble thinking of who would be up there at the moment. Be sure to consider there is 6/7 weeks to go

Just wondering if anybody had any tips for thirds BnF this year. I no i had a fair bit of trouble thinking of who would be up there at the moment. Be sure to consider there is 6/7 weeks to go
I think there will be a few in the mix. Walsh (Mansfield), Green (Seymour), Robertson (Euroa), Oliver (Rochy), Edwards (Kyabram) should all feature in the finish. I follow United, from our 3rds I think the standouts will be Kline, Cullum, Hanning and Warren. I like Kline to poll the best for the Dees. But you never know in thirds as a lot of clubs have club umpires who do the games so it is possible that the winner may not neccessarily be the best player in the comp.

I think there will be a few in the mix. Walsh (Mansfield), Green (Seymour), Robertson (Euroa), Oliver (Rochy), Edwards (Kyabram) should all feature in the finish. I follow United, from our 3rds I think the standouts will be Kline, Cullum, Hanning and Warren. I like Kline to poll the best for the Dees. But you never know in thirds as a lot of clubs have club umpires who do the games so it is possible that the winner may not neccessarily be the best player in the comp.

who is edwards from kyabram? we played ky on the weekend and i dont reckon ive heard of him, what number?
pez should go alright but we havent won any games so itd be pretty hard for him to go real well.

who is edwards from kyabram? we played ky on the weekend and i dont reckon ive heard of him, what number?
pez should go alright but we havent won any games so itd be pretty hard for him to go real well.
Edwards is number 16 played on the half forward flank wing and that should do pritty well has played some handy games, others who should do well are Ty Guiney and Nathan Beck ( played in the ruck against you lot was best on ground in my opinion)

just a quick Q, is mark giansiracusa from tat any relation to daniel from the bulldogs?

my prediction is a tatura echuca granny. i think tat will come away with the goods. they are to strong on just about every line and have a superb midfield now that the senior players have been brought back to qualify,i don't think many teams will be able to match them. kliendest rucking to keast, magibbon and mcwhinney. keast and kliendest have played every game in the seniors this yr and magibbon has played a few. wots everyones thoughts on this....

my prediction is a tatura echuca granny. i think tat will come away with the goods. they are to strong on just about every line and have a superb midfield now that the senior players have been brought back to qualify,i don't think many teams will be able to match them. kliendest rucking to keast, magibbon and mcwhinney. keast and kliendest have played every game in the seniors this yr and magibbon has played a few. wots everyones thoughts on this....

united with a full strength team would beat tat... 8 of the 3rds players have played seniors this year already and have played well... all goin up into a top of the ladder team... whereas tats seniors r bottom so wouldnt be hard to get a game if u were a good 3rds player...

who are the eight players? how many are qualified for finals?...they are only top of the table because of the swans losing points over the looby case...

who are the eight players? how many are qualified for finals?...they are only top of the table because of the swans losing points over the looby case...
Rendina, T. Campbell, S. Campbell, Cullum, Daniels, Normington, Bingham, and I think Friedlieb might play his first game this week. Agree with Footy08, the dees were beaten early in the year by doggies. Actually saw this game, Dees played crap and had 4 players in Seniors or Bushies while tat had almost there full squad play that day and only just won in the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. Tat are a strong side but I think the dees have a greater spread of players across all lines. I think it would be a United v Echuca final but it wouldn't suprise me if Tatura and Seymour made their presence felt. And don't forget Mooroopna and Mansfield who both have players to come back in at finals time. Could be the closest finals series for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad