Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Can anyone tell me how young cam hall went for united on the weekend,, playin on permit from dookie....

who are the eight players? how many are qualified for finals?...they are only top of the table because of the swans losing points over the looby case...

and united r 2 games clear from the swans so even without the looby case they would still be a game clear. only difference is that swans would maybe be 2nd not 3rd.. still leaving united the top team :thumbsu:

Can anyone tell me how young cam hall went for united on the weekend,, playin on permit from dookie....

I thought Cam went really good.. Still young and playing in his 1st game, took some good strong pack marks and could've kicked 2-3 goals... With a bit of work and more games will be a good player in the u18s i think

I thought Cam went really good.. Still young and playing in his 1st game, took some good strong pack marks and could've kicked 2-3 goals... With a bit of work and more games will be a good player in the u18s i think
Saw 3 qrts and he looked like he could be ok. Must be hard, 1st game against a hard opposition, not really knowing the game plan and not really knowing his team mates. Hope he plays with the dees next year cause he could develop into a big power forward. Agree with Footy08, really good mark and should have had a couple of goals.

Saw 3 qrts and he looked like he could be ok. Must be hard, 1st game against a hard opposition, not really knowing the game plan and not really knowing his team mates. Hope he plays with the dees next year cause he could develop into a big power forward. Agree with Footy08, really good mark and should have had a couple of goals.

What didnt he kick straight on the day or something?????? yer he is a real good over head mark

What didnt he kick straight on the day or something?????? yer he is a real good over head mark
Nah, he kicked straight, just muffed the kicks a bit. Maybe the he was trying 2 hard. He was looking better the more the game went on. Be good to see him if he had 3 games in a row. I heard he is only 15 which means if he comes to united next year he will have 3 years of thirds.

Nah, he kicked straight, just muffed the kicks a bit. Maybe the he was trying 2 hard. He was looking better the more the game went on. Be good to see him if he had 3 games in a row. I heard he is only 15 which means if he comes to united next year he will have 3 years of thirds.

yer he should be good, as Demons4ever said hes young so he can devalop and become a key forward some day:thumbsu:

hey fellas, any predictions for this weekends games..
mooroopna vs seymour should be a good game.. last time these 2 played it was close till the last quarter when the lions got up..
any thoughts on any other matches?

hey fellas, any predictions for this weekends games..
mooroopna vs seymour should be a good game.. last time these 2 played it was close till the last quarter when the lions got up..
any thoughts on any other matches?

Yeah should be a good game if Seymour play the 4 quarters and don't slack off like they tend to do at times. Are the Assumption players available this week?

United V Bears will be a great match... both teams missing players, tippin it to be very close.. any predictions?

for wat i know his not tryin out for vic.. and his not doin very well at 18s level.. saw him play in shepp and hardly touched the ball and was breaking even in the ruck against a much smaller opponent.. yer his 200cm but someone at 180cm would only have to flick him out of the way to take a grab.. just my opinion at the moment.. dont get me wrong has huge "potential" and could go a long way

Yeah good call, Lowden made the Vic country team.:thumbsu:

Yeah good call, Lowden made the Vic country team.:thumbsu:

if you have a look at the vic country u16 team, hes one of only 3 players in that squad of 30, who is 193cm or over...him being 202cm and the other two right on 193cm. obviously he's a reasonable player, but he obviously doesnt have to be a superstar to make this years vic country squad as a ruckman, which is the only postition he is capable of playing. footy08 is right in saying that anyone with a bit of football smarts could outmark him because he is very weak, and has struggled at u18 level due to be being a one-trick-pony. poor coaching has possibly exposed him as well which is why the bears are no chance to make the six.

Fair go boys, the kid is only 16. Plus, everyone knows that big guys take along time to develop. I think he moves well and is great with the ball down at his feet. Will be a good player, but give him time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you have a look at the vic country u16 team, hes one of only 3 players in that squad of 30, who is 193cm or over...him being 202cm and the other two right on 193cm. obviously he's a reasonable player, but he obviously doesnt have to be a superstar to make this years vic country squad as a ruckman, which is the only postition he is capable of playing. footy08 is right in saying that anyone with a bit of football smarts could outmark him because he is very weak, and has struggled at u18 level due to be being a one-trick-pony. poor coaching has possibly exposed him as well which is why the bears are no chance to make the six.

Does an ordinary coach produce 2 guys who are now on AFL lists, 4 guys on VFL lists, 18 guys who have played Bushrangers and 25+ senior footballers in 5 seasons? Oh, and he's coached the last 2 GVFL U/18 flags if you didn't notice.

if you have a look at the vic country u16 team, hes one of only 3 players in that squad of 30, who is 193cm or over...him being 202cm and the other two right on 193cm. obviously he's a reasonable player, but he obviously doesnt have to be a superstar to make this years vic country squad as a ruckman, which is the only postition he is capable of playing. footy08 is right in saying that anyone with a bit of football smarts could outmark him because he is very weak, and has struggled at u18 level due to be being a one-trick-pony. poor coaching has possibly exposed him as well which is why the bears are no chance to make the six.[/quote

Lots of 195-200cm players were trialed and played in "cut" games in a process that started straight after the 16's carnival in April for the entire Victorian country region. The selectors made their decision ofter a lot consideration.

The coaching at the Bears has been top shelf for a long time and continues to be again this season.

Please let us know of your long list of footy achievements and try and get some credibility here.

Otherwise peddle your poison elsewhere.

Does an ordinary coach produce 2 guys who are now on AFL lists, 4 guys on VFL lists, 18 guys who have played Bushrangers and 25+ senior footballers in 5 seasons? Oh, and he's coached the last 2 GVFL U/18 flags if you didn't notice.

No an ordinary coach does not, sounds like kurt11 is as jealous as hell!!

Luke had stress fractures in his shins only a few months ago and the Dr's told him he wouldn't play again this season. He's got the all clear from sports physicians to play now and I recokn that's a pretty good effort to get back.

Luke had stress fractures in his shins only a few months ago and the Dr's told him he wouldn't play again this season. He's got the all clear from sports physicians to play now and I recokn that's a pretty good effort to get back.

luke is a good ruckman but there alot of better ruckman out there that cover the ground alot better than he does... yes hes only young and could devalop but thats wat i think anyway.... very big game on sunday for all ages with the thirds, bears looking good but united are pretty good themselves by looking at the ladder...

so it was the coach that handed those boys the talent was it? hes just a superstar then..i spose he should be given credit for coaching a good list this season and getting them no where too!! how many gv senior premierships has that coach happen to have played in if his resume is so wonderful? or how many gv senior grand finals has he been dropped from i should ask?

so it was the coach that handed those boys the talent was it? hes just a superstar then..i spose he should be given credit for coaching a good list this season and getting them no where too!! how many gv senior premierships has that coach happen to have played in if his resume is so wonderful? or how many gv senior grand finals has he been dropped from i should ask?

Quality personal attack there.

How bout putting your name and record up in lights for everyone to critique? Instead of hiding behind your screen name firing pots shots. Weak as piss.

So Kurt, you reckon you could coach better? What credentials do you have that allow you to write such negativity?
You are entitled to your opinion but really why make the attack personal?

kurt 11 you have to be joking if you had half the talent luke does you would be a good player. you obviously dont know what your on about you t0sser. out of the 6 games lukes played this year in the gv he has got in the best 4 times you stupid stupid boy.

kurt 11 you have to be joking if you had half the talent luke does you would be a good player. you obviously dont know what your on about you t0sser. out of the 6 games lukes played this year in the gv he has got in the best 4 times you stupid stupid boy.

u sure do hav a stiffy for lowden dont u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad