Official 2012 NMFC Membership Tally Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2012 NMFC Membership Tally

Patrick Smith, I thank you.

Good on the NMFC membership department and good on all those who have siged up to be a member.

Ok Teddy Bear, we need a MMM day now. That's where you target your fence sitters. Your SEN crowd are pretty much stitched up. Let's do it cuddles.

7 March 2008: 24,218
10 March 2009: 20,336
10 March 2010: 19,865
8 March 2011: 20,001
8 March 2012: 24,747

If we had JB and E.A, running the show in the 90's with THE KING running around and co. our membership will be sitting on 35,000 today no doubt about it. Instead we had monkeys who should be walking around today hanging their ugly heads in shame.

If we had JB and E.A, running the show in the 90's with THE KING running around and co. our membership will be sitting on 35,000 today no doubt about it. Instead we had monkeys who should be walking around today hanging their ugly heads in shame.

Couldn't Agree More!!!!!

As good as JB and Euge have been, it is important to remember that back then there was no equalisation fund, no special distribution fund and even though we were playing Friday night games with Carey on the big stage, we were still lucky to get 30k to home games.

The blokes running the club between 89-2000 were running it fairly and squarely out of their own pocket.

In fact, around 10 people raised nearly $3m overnight in 1989 to buy the club back from Tricontinental when Bob Ansett went broke, some even mortgaged their own house.

Say what you like about their marketing skills but remember that just like JB in 07, without those guys our club wouldn't exist. It is doubtful the glory days of Carey and the 90's would ever have occured.

On Friday 14th March 2008 (ten days out from our rd 1 Easter Monday Bombers clash)
we were sitting on 25,147 members.

At current (with 23 days until our rd 1 game against the Bombers)
we are sitting on 24,747.

If we apply the same rate of takeup at this time last year until our first home game (23 days to round 2)
then we should be on 28,865 going into rd 1.

(on mobile atm, chart tomorrow)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(on mobile atm, chart tomorrow)
Hmm, that's the sort of lame excuse that Benny C offers for not getting Werribee updates done on the same day. Just not good enough SS. :cool:

25,101 as of today

Membership Nos: 25,101 @ 9/3/12 @ close of business.

How many weeks before round 1 again? 3 weeks was it? Average 1k a week, 28k by Friday of that week is a chance.

We gained 140 members on Melbourne in 24 hours. We are now 1348 members behind them. We most likely won't catch St.Kilda or Port Adelaide this year (and maybe next year either), but we may just sneak ahead of Melbourne by the seasons end. I predict we'll finish around 200-500 behind them.

We gained 140 members on Melbourne in 24 hours. We are now 1348 members behind them. We most likely won't catch St.Kilda or Port Adelaide this year (and maybe next year either), but we may just sneak ahead of Melbourne by the seasons end. I predict we'll finish around 200-500 behind them.
In the last month, we have reduced the deficit behind Melbourne by about 1000. I don't think we'll get to within a few hundred of them, I reckon we'll catch them. Probably by end of April.

I am on board again. With the Aussie dollar being so strong, it took a few more Singapore dollars to do it, but just love being part of our great club. Hope to hop on down sometime this year to catch a game.
Go Kangas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back