Mega Thread Official 2012 Trade period discussion thread - 8th-26th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, as the trade period is coming to an end, i reckon we only have 1 deal to go through. I cannot see us getting Pederson, because i think North is asking too much and i feel that we are still keen on keeping Martin.

The only trade that i would put on the table is a 3rd rounder for Ray. If this isn't going through then would put Bennell on the table, because he is going to get delisted anyway.

All other players that have been discussed, like Martin, Gys and Morton as far as i am concerned are required players and should be kept.

Martin will play forward and switch with Jamar in the ruck until big Maxy Gawn is fit. After this Martin can play forward and back.. Pretty solid forward line with Byrnes, Clarke, Martin, Howe, Dawes and Blease.

Any other trades would be wasting talent and the possibility of further development of guys who can play roles in years to come.

The only trade that i would put on the table is a 3rd rounder for Ray. If this isn't going through then would put Bennell on the table, because he is going to get delisted anyway.

Fairly sure that they'd take the chance on us delisting him rather than pay anything for a fringe player who is recovering from a serious knee injury.

I have faith in the FD. If Neeld wants Martin gone, he would have his reasons as to why. It's his head on the chopping block.

Gys is a funny one. If there is any modicum of truth to the rumour that Neeld is looking at trading him, then again, he would have his reasons. In Neeld we trust.

It's not so much a case of Neeld wanting them gone, but more so the players looking for other opportunities.

Martin wants more game time in the ruck, and with Jamar, Gawn, Sellar, Pedersen (if he get's picked up) and to a lesser extent Clark being on the list he is feeling there is less opportunity. Too be honest, I'd rather trade Jamar. Besides from hit outs, he offers nothing. And Jamar played his best footy when he was shovelling the ball to Moloney, but Moloney is gone now and I question if we really need him now. I'd be thrilled to have Martin return to the number one ruckman, he offers more around the ground.

Gysberts is also wanting more opportunity. He hasn't cemented a spot in the 22, and with the inclusions of Viney, Barry (is he any good?), and whichever midfielder we end up taking at pick 4 is going to be more competition for Gysberts to crack into the side. While I'd like to keep Gysberts, I can understand his reasons for wanting to leave. And if Essendon can claim him, I think he will become a better playing learning on the job from Jobe Watson and Goddard then if he stayed at MFC.

Martin for 33 is fair. What has he done to prove he is worth more? I like the bloke but let's not get carried away here. Pick 33 is a second rounder, exactly what he is worth. If Neeld is happy to see him go then so am I. He knows what he is doing far more than us armchair supporters.

I havent heard of any talk in relation to Petterd in the last week or so. Before the Dawes deal was completed there was talk of him being involved in that trade to the Pies.
I actually think he is a decent player but for what ever reason fell out of favour with Neeld. I would be surprised if he was lost to AFL footy as he has shown he can kick 3-4 goals in a game multiple times.
Any further news of a possible trade? I think he is out of contract & one of the players we were waiting until the end of the FA/Trade period before making a decision one way or another.

West Coast wants to secure Melbourne wingman Cale Morton

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/wes...gman-cale-morton/story-e6frf9io-1226502678376
Crazy_7774d2_321395.gif

Morton has a lot of knockers but lets remember he is 22 yo. His last 2 yrs have been injury plagued & with approx 70-80 games under his belt he is worth more than #61 or #62 in the ND!

WCE are kidding themselves if they think he is worth that when they just received #44 or similar for Koby Stevens who is 21 & played 11 games. Morton is worth more than Stevens on exposed form & he is contracted too!

I'm suffering draft exhaustion at this point. I just wish it would all be wrapped up so we can end the speculation. I'm happy with what's happened so far, but we seem to be entering a land of diminishing returns now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Steff Martin for Pederson?? I don't even rate Martin and I can see that we'd be bending over if that happened!!

I don't have a problem with that trade, we are overrating Martin and underating Pederson IMO, we are all guily of this with our own players vs. opposition players. I believe Pederson is a more natural footballer than Martin, and given the right oppourtunity Pederson would surpass any output martin would give us.

Am I the only one that seriously, 100% does not want to trade Morton?
the main reason I want him off the list is because he is soft, and you can't breed/train it out of him and you can't take a soft player onto the field on GF day (I have faith). he is a naturally talented sportsman, but he is playing the wrong game.

People aren't seriously considering the thought of NOT wanting to trade Morton? I mean... really? REALLY? We should take anything we can get for him and ship him off to whoever wants him. There is no way he will make it at our club and he has had time and opportunities to show this. If West Coast want him for a third round pick then I'd be jumping up and down and sticking him on the next plane.

To even suggest that we should "hang on to him" is the very reason why we are mocked and looked down upon. We are never ruthless, we just hang on to players on the hope they'll come good because they are either a high pick or they showed something 3 seasons ago.

If we are to be taken seriously again by the footballing public then we need to be ruthless and we need to cut the fat as soon as we possibly can. The more players gone from the list means there are more spots for Neeld to bring in exactly the types of players our club needs. And I couldn't be happier about it.

I hope we don't trade Morton for a useless pick in the 60's. He's obviously talented and at his lowest value and at rock bottom confidence right now, he showed some good signs this year .I hope Neeld tries to develop players like him rather than just putting it in the too hard basket. .

I hope we don't trade Morton for a useless pick in the 60's. He's obviously talented and at his lowest value and at rock bottom confidence right now, he showed some good signs this year .I hope Neeld tries to develop players like him rather than just putting it in the too hard basket. .

What good signs were these? When he fluffed that kick against Collingwood? Or generally went missing when it counted?

What good signs were these? When he fluffed that kick against Collingwood? Or generally went missing when it counted?
I'm not saying for a moment he isn't trade bait, but for a pick in the 60's which we won't even use it is a stupid trade & not one that I would think is beneficial to MFC in any way. He is an outside player that we've played as an inside player.

We should be keeping him for anything above a top 40 pick

Agreed, thought he showed VERY little this year.

One's on the block certainly seem to be the light framed players, Morton / Gys / Cook

Has Misson determined these guys will struggle to put on weight in the right areas?

For me it wasn't the turn over itself , it was that he couldn't even look Neeld in the eyes when he got dragged. I just don't think he is the type of player that will ever get his mojo at the dees , might be for the best if he starts again somewhere else .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back