Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really like that midfield. You've got Neale/Gaff who are safe as houses and rarely get injured. Then you've got the 3 big young guns of the comp who should all improve this year. Like I said above, I'm not sure both Powell and Phillips get named in round 1.

Big O over Preuss, probably the safer choice of the two although more costly

Interesting forward line. I read on the crows board last week that they don't think Thilthorpe starts due to coming back from some soft tissues injuries? Might want to check on that. You see Riccardi stepping up with no Jezza?

Thanks, fair comments all mate. For the main rookies (the on field ones), I'm trying to keep cash for the more expensive options. So Thilthorpe might become JUH if necessary (slight increase) or one of the North boys might become another top 10 pick - depending on PS form/selection etc. All my bench options are around the 170 - 180K mark - which has a degree of risk as I don't have cash to improve them.

I think Riccardi can improve, although it's one I'll be watching closely in the PS. There are options around the price, but it's a nice unique to have now - before all our sides start to look the same....

First - put your players in price order FFS !!!! :p

There is a few rookie types I don't recognise/know much about (but that's not a real surprise) and you've gone very unique across the mids. Which may not be a bad thing. I also have Rowell at M5, but we only have one player in the M1-4 spots in common. You are a bit dependent on Hawks/GWS playing and scoring well.

Bit pricey on the bench, and I'm playing F Macrae as a forward, not a mid - as typically mid rookies are easier to find... But if cheaper rookies become available, you'll have cash to either hold or upgrade elsewhere. I like the Laird pick, I really want to find a way to get him in.....
This is how you provide feedback 👌 Constructive criticism and a firm but fair reminder to put your players in price order 😜

This is how you provide feedback 👌 Constructive criticism and a firm but fair reminder to put your players in price order 😜

Seriously, should either have separate threads or an entire dedicated sub-board for people who don't do this.....

Why isn't it like RDT when they auto order

Connor Blakely finally looking in good condition .....$485K Mid

1611126946284.png Bird watching.gif

Last edited:
1611127631278.png

Running with this at the moment. Never played fantasy, only SC.

Lloyd/Whit/Grundy C options, might need an Oliver type as another C option.

Def: Gone a bit heavy in def, but see value in Laird, McDonald and Whitfield. Milera has good upside and in full training now.

Mid: I see good upside with Simpkin and Walsh, Simpkin played with a bung ankle I think for most of the year and Walsh is preparing for more inside time. Sloane is training really well at the moment, should make money. Watching T.Green.

Ruck: Dont really like the Preuss pick and prepared to jump ship early. Watching Draper.

Fwd: Need Marshall for Cover. Wingard gets a full preseason and hopefully a bit more time in the middle, he tends to play more middle towards end of seasons though. Not too sure who to pick at F3.

View attachment 1043390

Running with this at the moment. Never played fantasy, only SC.

Lloyd/Whit/Grundy C options, might need an Oliver type as another C option.

Def: Gone a bit heavy in def, but see value in Laird, McDonald and Whitfield. Milera has good upside and in full training now.

Mid: I see good upside with Simpkin and Walsh, Simpkin played with a bung ankle I think for most of the year and Walsh is preparing for more inside time. Sloane is training really well at the moment, should make money. Watching T.Green.

Ruck: Dont really like the Preuss pick and prepared to jump ship early. Watching Draper.

Fwd: Need Marshall for Cover. Wingard gets a full preseason and hopefully a bit more time in the middle, he tends to play more middle towards end of seasons though. Not too sure who to pick at F3.
Welcome.

Fantasy is a different beast to SC. Obviously a shit load more trades for us this side of the pond. Few things of note below:

Defence is hard to fault. Value premiums + couple value picks. Going heavy here can hurt the rest of your side though

Midfield. Like SC, you want to aim to finish with the highest scoring blokes across each line. I can definitely see an argument for Walsh being in the top line mids but would be hard pressed for the rest. Keep in mind it’s very hard to trade in top tier mids unless they bottom out so you almost have to start with 1-2. I’d look at bringing in someone like a Neale/Oliver/Adams/Gaff/Duncan/Kelly type

Can’t fault the rucks.

Marshall forward makes sense with Preuss. Wingard could be a good pick if he plays midfield and hawks really should have him there. Forward rookies are notoriously bad scorers so if I were you I would potentially try and get one of them up to someone mid priced or to a premium by knocking down one of your back. For example, McDonald down to Young. Macrae up to Rozee/Caldwell type ? Just a thought

Good luck mate

Working title V2:

Lloyd
Stew
Z Will
-
Milera
rook

Adams
Taranto
-
-
Rowell
-
Phillips
rook

-
O Mac

Zorko
Phillips
-
J Cameron
Buddy
rook

3 mil for remaining 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That leaves you $500K on average each.. Can squeeze a few extra dollars in defence and forward - don't need to spend the full $500k there, but you'll have trouble with R1, M3 and M4 for that price.... Although your M7 could be cheap... You could go to a Nank/Preuss type as part of a cheaper ruck combo.

If you spent $250K on M7, plus $375K on your forward and defence gaps - would leave you 3 players at $2M.... Which is better....

That leaves you $500K on average each.. Can squeeze a few extra dollars in defence and forward - don't need to spend the full $500k there, but you'll have trouble with R1, M3 and M4 for that price.... Although your M7 could be cheap... You could go to a Nank/Preuss type as part of a cheaper ruck combo.

If you spent $250K on M7, plus $375K on your forward and defence gaps - would leave you 3 players at $2M.... Which is better....
Assuming there ends up being another:

- No brainer mid rook
- Mid price fwd breakout type
- Cumming @ 350k if secures that vacant HB role
- Nank or Preuss looking good enough at their respective prices to warrant the Max/Grundy fade

Leaves 1.4-1.6m for M3 and M4 which is extremely ample for those spots.

If the above doesn’t come to fruition it will cause a complete re-gig of course.

Assuming there ends up being another:

- No brainer mid rook
- Mid price fwd breakout type
- Cumming @ 350k if secures that vacant HB role
- Nank or Preuss looking good enough at their respective prices to warrant the Max/Grundy fade

Leaves 1.4-1.6m for M3 and M4 which is extremely ample for those spots.

If the above doesn’t come to fruition it will cause a complete re-gig of course.

of course your unique 350k player will “tweak” a knee in the final PS hit out and throw all planning out the window...

Yeh your right. I keep looking at dtlive for avgs and they seem slightly different to fanfooty.
I haven’t looked at their averages this season but they are wrong every year.

Whenever a player is a late out this site credits them with a zero. This site is a great resource but obviously run ‘on the smell of an oily rag’ and when there is a late out nobody replaces the player with their replacement.

I’ve mentioned this over the years. The year that Geelong were ‘taking the piss’ with late withdrawals just about every week, the averages were all over the place.

Don’t despair folks. I have no doubt there is a glowing Deck of DT article on the Big O about to come out and ruin his low ownership... seriously I can smell it from a mile away :mad:
Big O and Preuss would save cash

More doubt on Mitchell.
Wingard dominating clearances.

He has to come into consideration if Titch isnt starting. Hawks inside mid depth is very slim i feel. Shiels has gone missing and the lot of them are battling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back