Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Meara probably top scores, Worpel second til Titch is back

i will be honest and say I don’t really think of Wingard as being Fantasy elite - he just doesn’t seem to be consistent enough. I know he has good patches, but I’m never really convinced when thinking about him....

lol who writes this crap?

"Then there’s the key-position stocks at both ends of the ground. No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan should make a forward 50 spot his own early in the season, so what will that mean for Josh Bruce and Aaron Naughton? Either one could be asked to move into the backline."

lol who writes this crap?

"Then there’s the key-position stocks at both ends of the ground. No. 1 draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan should make a forward 50 spot his own early in the season, so what will that mean for Josh Bruce and Aaron Naughton? Either one could be asked to move into the backline."

On the Dogs board there has been a bit of discussion about how we setup, and either Bruce or Naughton back is discussed frequently. So that parts ok...

However - no-one is expecting a young KPF to tear strips off the competition on their first year...

On the Dogs board there has been a bit of discussion about how we setup, and either Bruce or Naughton back is discussed frequently. So that parts ok...

However - no-one is expecting a young KPF to tear strips off the competition on their first year...

Yeah, but that would be because of English playing KPF/2nd ruck due to Stef coming in. The article is suggesting that Naughton might need to make way for a skinny teenager who hasn't played as game yet. Absurd.

Yeah, but that would be because of English playing KPF/2nd ruck due to Stef coming in. The article is suggesting that Naughton might need to make way for a skinny teenager who hasn't played as game yet. Absurd.
Definetly but the talk has been Naughton back and blood Ugle as much as possible it is a bit hit and miss

Definetly but the talk has been Naughton back and blood Ugle as much as possible it is a bit hit and miss
Way too early, kids a twig ... and the Bulldogs are chasing the ring this year

Not a year to persevere with kids at the Bulldogs ..... he’ll get his 4-5 games

Potentially yes. Actually how we structure is going to be very interesting, not just in the midfield.

The logic is sort of sound. Naughton has better form down back, and defensively we leaked quite heavily at times last year. But the biggest unknown is whether Bevo actually knows who is best 22 is - and will he play them in the correct spots ?? Or are we back to random Bevo ???

Did you watch Stef after he came back from injury last year ..... looked like an old man
IMO he was probably happy to retire, but has been coaxed out of retirement by $$$$$ .... ala Malcolm Blight

It hasn’t worked for Mummy, doubt Stef will be much different

Did you watch Stef after he came back from injury last year ..... looked like an old man
IMO he was probably happy to retire, but has been coaxed out of retirement by $$$$$ .... ala Malcolm Blight

It hasn’t worked for Mummy, doubt Stef will be much different
Would English actually end up playing second fiddle to Stef? I agree re: stef. Blokes cooked. My understanding is that he was brought over to help coach English and act as support in games against the bigger ruckman of the comp where English has struggled. I’ll be surprised if Stef plays more than 10 games this season

Would English actually end up playing second fiddle to Stef? I agree re: stef. Blokes cooked. My understanding is that he was brought over to help coach English and act as support in games against the bigger ruckman of the comp where English has struggled. I’ll be surprised if Stef plays more than 10 games this season
Definitely English is the main man with tutoring / relief by Stef

It would be a backward step in Englishs development to give Steph too much ruck time

But if English gets injured, can’t think of a better fillin than Steph for a few games

Way too early, kids a twig ... and the Bulldogs are chasing the ring this year

Not a year to persevere with kids at the Bulldogs ..... he’ll get his 4-5 games
Yet he is still the most picked forward rookie haha

Yet he is still the most picked forward rookie haha

Fitness permitting, he'll play more than 4 -5 games. We lack natural forwards, natural goal scorers. Meant to be "Buddy-like", we have Naughton, Bruce, English, Bont - potentially playing forward - he'll get the 4th or 5th best defender.....

We'll just try to get games into him. Rest him as needed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a backward step in Englishs development to give Steph too much ruck time

But if English gets injured, can’t think of a better fillin than Steph for a few games

No disrespect to young English, but he's still just so physically weak at ruck contests. He's a very good follower though.

They're having a tilt at the flag this year. It's not the time to be playing draftees in primary roles.

Did anyone see Bruce play last year ??? Dead people had more impact in most games, a live person would be a double bonus !!!

With Bevo playing Dunkley in the ruck last year then recruiting Stef, English looks like he has been pigeon holed as a KPF.

With Bevo playing Dunkley in the ruck last year then recruiting Stef, English looks like he has been pigeon holed as a KPF.

Pfft, lockdown small defender for English please..... Do you no Crazy Bevo ???

I'm not saying don't play JUH, play him every game, just not in a key role unless you want him ragdolled like Jack Watts was in his rookie year.

I hear you.
Some talk he wants to play midfield too, will need to work on his tank to get there !!

Rightio peeps, I'm back and ready to go for 2021. Bought a house and moved with my partner to the country - CRAZY!

*Ahem* but enough about me. How's everyone else? Not having fantasy last year left a football sized hole in my heart haha - glad to be back and hope everyone is well :)

Down to brass tacks, here's my 'settled' V2 side, prior to the Community series, with a detailed breakdown of each player and why - for anyone else looking to go with something similar:

1611288643225.png

NOTE: Buddy is essentially a 'placeholder' at this time, along with all my rooks which allows me to keep 212K free for more expensive ones if need be.

This is how/why I've selected each player:

DEFENDERS -

Jake Lloyd 873K:

As TheRednWhite will tell you with a clenched fist, broken voice, peering out at you through visible tears in his eyes, the human seagull is just not a player you can leave out. Has improved dramatically year on year, will be a Top 6 DEF and will make you miserable if you don't have him - not putting myself through that again! *LOCK*

Rory Laird 763K:

Moved into the midfield midway through last year and played the role to aplomb. With the departure of Brouch, don't expect that to change and see him as slightly underpriced, given his slowish 2020 start in defence. If there's murmurings about a change of role, will move up to Whit or drop down to LMac, Daniel, Crisp or Stewart. *80% likely to be in Round 1 team*

Sam Docherty 676K:

Another pre-season under the belt after his return from injury, and a down year by his standards - means he's underpriced and will at least breakeven with his price. *LOCK*

Zac Williams 626K:

Moving to a new club and one that's chock full to the brim of running half backs, means midfield time is guaranteed - which we all know means CHA CHING! *LOCK*

MIDS -

Taylor Adams 873K:

We all know just how good Adams is without Treloar around, and now it's permanent! Safe bet for a 90+ every single week, and capable of going 150+ with a C whenever required. *LOCK*

Patrick Cripps 718K:

Has had his sorely needed (scuse the pun) off-season surgery, and is well underpriced given his lofty standards/ability. With that said, is very liable to a tag and not as reliable as someone like Adams. Second most likely player to be sideways traded to Brad Crouch or Titch (who I had in before his injury) in Round 3 or 4, if he underperforms. *70% likely to be in Round 1 team*

Tim Taranto 718K:

Was apparently sore last season after shoulder surgery, and it showed. Still achieved a 90+ average and is capable of far more as his 2019 campaign showed. A fit Taranto is as much as 15 points underpriced, and is a lock for at least the first two or three rounds. Third in line to be traded to Brouch or Titch if need be. *LOCK*

Dion Prestia 645K:

This is just a gift. Plays full time mid, averaged 94 and is priced at 84, and only required for as long as he's useful. Will make cash and is first in line to be traded to Brouch or Titch in Round 3 or 4. *LOCK*

Matt Rowell 574K:

Kid is basically a gun already, is guaranteed his spot in the mids and is priced at 75, yet went at 88 - which included a big fat 0 in that figure. If you take that game out, he goes at a whopping 110 for a player who has only played 4 (full) games. Absolute *LOCK* (If any complications with return from injury, will be traded to Cunnington, who is priced even lower and also returning from injury. Rowell's ceiling far higher though IMO)

RUCKS -

Brodie Grundy 867K:

It's the ruckpig, what more can be said. Despite his slow finish and the usual 'Grundy's sore' rumours, he's a guaranteed Top 3 ruck and scored 12 tons (adjusted) out of 17 for the season. Gawn the other obvious one, alongside ROB, but cheaper then Gawn, more consistent than ROB and great for a C when he's got an easy opponent. *LOCK*

Braydon Preuss 377K:

Full time Ruck Role at a new club, tick. No obvious contenders, tick. Slimmed down and no significant injury history, tick. Priced at only 377K, *LOCK*

FORWARDS -

Patrick Dangerfield 780K:

It's Danger and he's a forward, nuff said. Will play even more mid this year, and any injury niggles will be gone before Round 1. No room or need for him in the forward line anymore, and he'll only pinch hit there if we want to go for something different to shake a defence up. Will be sideways traded to Dunkley in the unlikely event he doesn't get up/looks like his role will be more forward. *90% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Dustin Martin 713K:

It's Dusty and he's a forward, nuff said. Seems to always get 20 and kick a couple, and usually makes Top 6 if he has forward status. See his role much the same as last year, and he's carrying no injury niggles this time around. *LOCK*

Tom Phillips 602K:

After ultimately decided against Dunkley, was a toss up between him and Wingard. In the end, I went with the guy who's 40K cheaper, I don't want to punch in the face and who has a consistent role - and consistent history of scoring very well in that role. Priced at 78 and can go 90+ - means lots of upside. Still the second last player to be selected in my side, and could still be swapped back out for Dunks again if things change. Don't want to play the midfield 'Bevogoround', so steering clear of all of them until there's more of an inkling over JS. *70% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Lance Franklin 377K:

As mentioned above, absolutely no guarantee that he's in my Round 1 side, and is more of a 'placeholder' so I don't spend money elsewhere. Reportedly fit and ready to go and priced at only 49 when he's capable of 80-90+, so while he's the last in and will be the first out, still represents huge value and good be an amazing cash cow if his body holds up and he plays well. *50/50 likelihood he's in my Round 1 side*

Nakia Cockatoo 243K:

Priced cheaper than some rooks, was fit for 6 months before he left - much to mine and others' chagrin - and should be Best 22 in a half-forward role if given the opportunity. If he plays, then he's capable of 60 easily, with a 75+ average not out of the question. Only question as always is whether his body will hold up, but worth the risk even for a few rounds, given he's a mature body and will have reasonable JS if he plays well. *70% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Rooks are not locked in, and are just based on some pre-season whispers - nothing more. Will very likely be far different come Round 1. Can confidently say I won't be making any major changes 'til after the first Community Series match.

Premium/Mid-pricer players in consideration across all lines are:

DEF:

Whit
Stewart
Crisp
Daniel
LMac
Milera

MID:

Neale
Gaff
Zerrett
Titch
J. Kelly
Boak
Walsh
Brouch (in Round 3 or 4)
Caldwell
Cunnington
Hately

RUCK:

Gawn
ROB
OMac

FWD:

Dunks
Wingard
J. Cameron

Happy Reading! :)

Last edited:
Rightio peeps, I'm back and ready to go for 2021. Bought a house and moved with my partner to the country - CRAZY!

*Ahem* but enough about me. How's everyone else? Not having fantasy last year left a football sized hole in my heart haha - glad to be back and hope everyone is well :)

Down to brass tacks, here's my 'settled' V2 side, prior to the Community series, with a detailed breakdown of each player and why - for anyone else looking to go with something similar:

View attachment 1044286

NOTE: Buddy is essentially a 'placeholder' at this time, along with all my rooks which allows me to keep 212K free for more expensive ones if need be.

DEFENDERS -

Jake Lloyd 873K:

As TheRednWhite will tell you with a clenched fist, broken voice, peering out at you through visible tears in his eyes, the human seagull is just not a player you can leave out. Has improved dramatically year on year, will be a Top 6 DEF and will make you miserable if you don't have him - not putting myself through that again! *LOCK*

Rory Laird 763K:

Moved into the midfield midway through last year and played the role to aplomb. With the departure of Brouch, don't expect that to change and see him as slightly underpriced, given his slowish 2020 start in defence. If there's murmurings about a change of role, will move up to Whit or drop down to LMac, Daniel, Crisp or Stewart. *80% likely to be in Round 1 team*

Sam Docherty 676K:

Another pre-season under the belt after his return from injury, and a down year by his standards - means he's underpriced and will at least breakeven with his price. *LOCK*

Zac Williams 626K:

Moving to a new club and one that's chock full to the brim of running half backs, means midfield time is guaranteed - which we all know means CHA CHING! *LOCK*

MIDS -

Taylor Adams 873K:

We all know just how good Adams is without Treloar around, and now it's permanent! Safe bet for a 90+ every single week, and capable of going 150+ with a C whenever required. *LOCK*

Patrick Cripps 718K:

Has had his sorely needed (scuse the pun) off-season surgery, and is well underpriced given his lofty standards/ability. With that said, is very liable to a tag and not as reliable as someone like Adams. Second most likely player to be sideways traded to Brad Crouch or Titch (who I had in before his injury) in Round 3 or 4, if he underperforms. *70% likely to be in Round 1 team*

Tim Taranto 718K:

Was apparently sore last season after shoulder surgery, and it showed. Still achieved a 90+ average and is capable of far more as his 2019 campaign showed. A fit Taranto is as much as 15 points underpriced, and is a lock for at least the first two or three rounds. Third in line to be traded to Brouch or Titch if need be. *LOCK*

Dion Prestia 645K:

This is just a gift. Plays full time mid, averaged 94 and is priced at 84, and only required for as long as he's useful. Will make cash and is first in line to be traded to Brouch or Titch in Round 3 or 4. *LOCK*

Matt Rowell 574K:

Kid is basically a gun already, is guaranteed his spot in the mids and is priced at 75, yet went at 88 - which included a big fat 0 in that figure. If you take that game out, he goes at a whopping 110 for a player who has only played 4 (full) games. Absolute *LOCK* (If any complications with return from injury, will be traded to Cunnington, who is priced even lower and also returning from injury. Rowell's ceiling far higher though IMO)

RUCKS -

Brodie Grundy 867K:

It's the ruckpig, what more can be said. Despite his slow finish and the usual 'Grundy's sore' rumours, he's a guaranteed Top 3 ruck and scored 12 tons (adjusted) out of 17 for the season. Gawn the other obvious one, alongside ROB, but cheaper then Gawn, more consistent than ROB and great for a C when he's got an easy opponent. *LOCK*

Braydon Preuss 377K:

Full time Ruck Role at a new club, tick. No obvious contenders, tick. Slimmed down and no significant injury history, tick. Priced at only 377K, *LOCK*

FORWARDS -

It's Danger and he's a forward, nuff said. Will play even more mid this year, and any injury niggles will be gone before Round 1. No room or need for him in the forward line anymore, and he'll only pinch hit there if we want to go for something different to shake a defence up. Will be sideways traded to Dunkley in the unlikely event he doesn't get up/looks like his role will be more forward. *90% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Dustin Martin 713K:

It's Dusty and he's a forward, nuff said. Seems to always get 20 and kick a couple, and usually makes Top 6 if he has forward status. See his role much the same as last year, and he's carrying no injury niggles this time around. *LOCK*

Tom Phillips 602K:

After ultimately decided against Dunkley, was a toss up between him and Wingard. In the end, I went with the guy who's 40K cheaper, I don't want to punch in the face and who has a consistent role - and consistent history of scoring very well in that role. Priced at 78 and can go 90+ - means lots of upside. Still the second last player to be selected in my side, and could still be swapped back out for Dunks again if things change. Don't want to play the midfield 'Bevogoround', so steering clear of all of them until there's more of an inkling over JS. *70% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Lance Franklin 377K:

As mentioned above, absolutely no guarantee that he's in my Round 1 side, and is more of a 'placeholder' so I don't spend money elsewhere. Reportedly fit and ready to go and priced at only 49 when he's capable of 80-90+, so while he's the last in and will be the first out, still represents huge value and good be an amazing cash cow if his body holds up and he plays well. *50/50 likelihood he's in my Round 1 side*

Nakia Cockatoo 243K:

Priced cheaper than some rooks, was fit for 6 months before he left - much to mine and others' chagrin - and should be Best 22 in a half-forward role if given the opportunity. If he plays, then he's capable of 60 easily, with a 75+ average not out of the question. Only question as always is whether his body will hold up, but worth the risk even for a few rounds, given he's a mature body and will have reasonable JS if he plays well. *70% likely to be in Round 1 side*

Rooks are not locked in, and are just based on some pre-season whispers - nothing more. Will very likely be far different come Round 1. Can confidently say I won't be making any major changes 'til after the first Community Series match.

DEF:

Whit
Stewart
Crisp
Daniel
LMac
Milera

MID:

Neale
Gaff
Zerrett
Titch
J. Kelly
Boak
Walsh
Brouch (in Round 3 or 4)
Caldwell
Cunnington
Hately

RUCK:

Gawn
ROB
OMac

FWD:

Dunks
Wingard
J. Cameron

Back with a BANG!

View attachment 1044286

DEFENDERS -

Jake Lloyd 873K:

Rory Laird 763K:

Sam Docherty 676K:

Zac Williams 626K:

MIDS -

Taylor Adams 873K:

Patrick Cripps 718K:

Tim Taranto 718K:

Dion Prestia 645K:

Matt Rowell 574K:

RUCKS -

Brodie Grundy 867K:

Braydon Preuss 377K:

FORWARDS -

Dustin Martin 713K:

Tom Phillips 602K:

Lance Franklin 377K:

Nakia Cockatoo 243K:

DEF:

Whit
Stewart
Crisp
Daniel
LMac
Milera

MID:

Neale
Gaff
Zerrett
Titch
J. Kelly
Boak
Walsh
Brouch (in Round 3 or 4)
Caldwell
Cunnington
Hately

RUCK:

Gawn
ROB
OMac

FWD:

Dunks
Wingard
J. Cameron

What about the Young boys in defense? Are you just keeping the cash up your sleeve to wait and see their preseasons?

View attachment 1044286

DEFENDERS -

Jake Lloyd 873K:

Rory Laird 763K:

Sam Docherty 676K:

Zac Williams 626K:

MIDS -

Taylor Adams 873K:

Patrick Cripps 718K:

Tim Taranto 718K:

Dion Prestia 645K:

Matt Rowell 574K:

RUCKS -

Brodie Grundy 867K:

Braydon Preuss 377K:

FORWARDS -

Dustin Martin 713K:

Tom Phillips 602K:

Lance Franklin 377K:

Nakia Cockatoo 243K:

DEF:

Whit
Stewart
Crisp
Daniel
LMac
Milera

MID:

Neale
Gaff
Zerrett
Titch
J. Kelly
Boak
Walsh
Brouch (in Round 3 or 4)
Caldwell
Cunnington
Hately

RUCK:

Gawn
ROB
OMac

FWD:

Dunks
Wingard
J. Cameron

How do you see Issac Smith fitting in this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back