Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:adelaide:
Medical Room
Matt Crouch
(hip) is being integrated into main training and is confident he'll be available for at least one AAMI Community Series match. Key defender Daniel Talia (knee) has also been on a managed
:brisbane:
Medical Room
Tall midfielder Connor McFadyen is the only Lions player on the injury list as he recovers from an ACL tear, which he suffered last July. Meanwhile, star recruit Joe Daniher has spent all summer with the main group.

Who's flying?
Third-year midfielder Ely Smith (pictured below) has been the standout, according to teammates. After arriving as a big-bodied midfielder, he has transformed his body shape and become a leading runner and a contender for a wing role.

:essendon:
Medical Room
Reigning best and fairest winner Jordan Ridley has been forced to watch training from the sidelines in recent weeks although the Bombers say he will return in coming days to full group work. Dyson Heppell remains away from the main group as he continues his recovery from ankle surgery last year and is in doubt for the start of the season, while David Zaharakis may also be unavailable after knee surgery. Jake Stringer, Patrick Ambrose, Mason Redman, Jayden Laverde and draftee Archie Perkins have all been on modified duties

:freo:
Medical Room
Star midfielder/forward Michael Walters was unable to run for a large period of the off-season after suffering ligament damage to his right foot. He has spent time training away from the main group as he builds fitness. Ruckman Sean Darcy will wear a brace for up to a month after injuring his knee at training on Friday. Key defenders Alex Pearce and Joel Hamling have returned from serious ankle injuries but spend some skills sessions away from the main group. Sam Sturt (ankle) has started some slow running but is regularly building fitness on a cross-trainer or bike. The Dockers have been conservative with draftee Nathan O'Driscoll (shoulder)

:north:
Who's flying?
Roos players can't stop talking about how sharp former No.4 draft pick Luke Davies-Uniacke looks in full fitness. Draftee Phoenix Spicer (pictured below) also dazzled at training on Monday with two goals in match simulation.

:port:
Who's flying?
The Power believe draftee Lachie Jones will push for a round one debut after making a quick transition to training at the top-level. The Next Generation Academy recruit attacks training hard but has a laidback attitude off the field. Big-bodied and highly skilled, will push for a spot in the Power's backline.

:stkilda:
Time trial king
Former Swan Dan Hannebery is tapering his pre-season program to ensure he hits round one firing after impressing so far over summer. Hannebery claimed top honours in the Saints' time trial to begin January training and is in the best condition of his time at the club ahead of his third season in St Kilda colours.

:sydney:
Medical Room
Lance Franklin
is back on the track, increasing his running loads after hamstring issues ruined his entire 2020. Isaac Heeney is on a similar path to Buddy as he builds his running following ankle surgery last year. Tom Papley (knee) and Nick Blakey (shoulder) both had surgery in the off-season

Taranto aka meatball jr beat Whit in their 2km time trial. Had to do a double take on that one. Nearing lock status for me at that price.
Yep, also Kelly & Cogs having a good pre season which has lead me to ditch Hopper from my side. Only so many points to go round and most of the points will go to the first 3 guns like a magnet.

But with all the talk of where the improvement is going to come from this year, and I know it’s been mentioned frequently in previous reports, but look no further than BSD. Big Sammy Draper.
Now there are a few obvious caveats. It’s pre season. He’s only really matched up against Phillips and at times Bryan and Wright. But my of my, it’s hard to take your eyes off him when watching. He’s big, strong, competitive and ultra aggressive and just full of enthusiasm. You really couldn’t ask more from a big man. He’s been excellent off the ground, great in packs and frequently drifts forward to take big pack marks in the forward line.
This is a piece of a (fan-written) Bombers training report. Take it with a grain of salt but I'm on #TeamDraper.

Do we think Franklin will be up and running for Rd1?

If so, question is Franklin or Milera?

Q1 ....Yes

Q2 .... depends on Rookie availability to some degree

But the ultimate Question is who scores more points Milera v Franklin & even Ziebell ......my POV is Milera will outscore both

Q1 ....Yes

But the ultimate Question is who scores more points Milera v Franklin & even Ziebell ......my POV is Milera will outscore both
I've got a few in that bracket to select from...

Sloane
Hately
Ziebell
Ward
Milera
Franklin

My less from last year was don't pick 30+ who we 'think' can get back to their golden years...rules out Sloane, Ziebell, Franklin, Ward

I think both offer very good value - if buddy is available round 1 I think he will make it into plenty of teams. An average of 75 sees him make 200k.

My team as it stands-

Whitfield, Williams, Witherden, Milera, Pearce, Gould

Gaff, Duncan, Taranto, Cripps, Rowell, Cunnington, Phillips, RCD

Grundy, Pruess

Danger, Marshall, Phillips, Franklin, Robertson, Kelly

I've got a few in that bracket to select from...

Sloane
Hately
Ziebell
Ward
Milera
Franklin

My less from last year was don't pick 30+ who we 'think' can get back to their golden years...rules out Sloane, Ziebell, Franklin, Ward
Is Ziebell 30 though ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q1 ....Yes

Im thinking Milera will get good stints inside CBAs he offers something different in there compared to the other. Explosive, agility, kicking and change of angles

His best position so far has been half back i dont actually think we will see an uptick from him as an inside midfielder compared to half back

I remember a couple of years ago after his breakout i had him penciled in as avg 86

I dont know if he will quite hit those lofty heights and dont expect it but ill be happy with a 75+ and i think he can avg 80

Fwiw i have both if named round 1 and play one preseason game

Im thinking Milera will get good stints inside CBAs he offers something different in there compared to the other. Explosive, agility, kicking and change of angles

His best position so far has been half back i dont actually think we will see an uptick from him as an inside midfielder compared to half back

I remember a couple of years ago after his breakout i had him penciled in as avg 86

I dont know if he will quite hit those lofty heights and dont expect it but ill be happy with a 75+ and i think he can avg 80

Fwiw i have both if named round 1 and play one preseason game
Correct .....but Milera offers also elite FWD delivery .....the concern the last 3 seasons has been his injuries, but at 23 YO they should be stabilized .....all he needs is continuity of games

Pre season curse strikes again. Jeremy Cameron hamstring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back