Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big for players that get concussed lots like Zerret

The big one is that potentially with shorter turnarounds, you'd need to be really careful. A 12 full days gap could prevent someone concussed on Sunday R12 from playing on a Friday night R14 - depending on the exact wording, so you'd potentially have to carry someone missing two games...

Surely they won’t try to force the carnival of footy on us again just for the “fans” this year. Players could miss 3 games for a concussion if that’s the case

That's a concern I hadn't thought about, I'm hoping last years disasters were a one off.

He’s been good for 12 months though hasn’t he? He’s a top 3 and potentially the number 1 mid in 2021 imo
Definetly just don't want him to get a head knock

The big one is that potentially with shorter turnarounds, you'd need to be really careful. A 12 full days gap could prevent someone concussed on Sunday R12 from playing on a Friday night R14 - depending on the exact wording, so you'd potentially have to carry someone missing two games...

That's a concern I hadn't thought about, I'm hoping last years disasters were a one off.
Defiantly especially if they do a thursday game as well, could be disaster

Yeah I think the concussion rule will either hit your team hard or it won’t. Luck will play a bit big part in this respect, like most seasons in some capacity. This rule just adds to the rollercoaster of fortune - or misfortune. For me, it will no doubt be misfortune lol
All the best laid plans just cannot cater for stuff like this happening!

Yeah I think the concussion rule will either hit your team hard or it won’t. Luck will play a bit big part in this respect, like most seasons in some capacity. This rule just adds to the rollercoaster of fortune - or misfortune. For me, it will no doubt be misfortune lol
All the best laid plans just cannot cater for stuff like this happening!
I agree. Concussions and bye rounds aside - you just pick the best team you can for round 1 IMO. Figure all the other stuff out as it comes

I'd be surprised if anyone played the full season': Cats set to rest in tilt for flag

Chris Scott's side will begin the campaign with 14 players aged 29 or older, forcing decisions to be made around periods of load management.

"We've put a list demographic together right now that we don't think any player should have to play all 22 (games). We'll just see how that plays out … we've got a lot of guys we want to get games into, too."

BadWearyEskimodog-small.gif

I'd be surprised if anyone played the full season': Cats set to rest in tilt for flag

Chris Scott's side will begin the campaign with 14 players aged 29 or older, forcing decisions to be made around periods of load management.

"We've put a list demographic together right now that we don't think any player should have to play all 22 (games). We'll just see how that plays out … we've got a lot of guys we want to get games into, too."

BadWearyEskimodog-small.gif
Basically rules out all Geelong players. Sucks because I was thinking of starting with Duncan.

Basically rules out all Geelong players. Sucks because I was thinking of starting with Duncan.
If I read a potential strategy ...Mids & Fwd's moreso than defenders like Stewart

Having Cameron now ...Hawkins will be rested

I think he should be okay

But does mean rookies like Stephens Clark get gigs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deadset up to draft ****in 4000 at the moment, every time I plug a hole in one position, another one opens. Considering trading Will Phillips down to a $170k and hoping for the best cause I'm about to head out to the nearest underpass and wave around a plastic cup asking for gold coin donations if this shit continues

Last edited:
I want Lloyd so bad, and have managed to fit him in, but at the expense of Laird who I think is a great pick as well. Who’s the better pick? Was sh*t not having Lloyd at all last year, but Laird playing midfield is good value
Laird would be better. No way Lloyd goes higher than he does last year, especially if the Swans are to improve as a team which they likely will.

I want Lloyd so bad, and have managed to fit him in, but at the expense of Laird who I think is a great pick as well. Who’s the better pick? Was sh*t not having Lloyd at all last year, but Laird playing midfield is good value
Why not both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back