Rocco Jones

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
I'm over the world cup. Heartbreaking bull**** penalty with 10 seconds to go. Whatever! Would have been agaist a team with 1 player short, no subs while we have 2 for another 30 mins. Who cares! I don't.

So who cares about the rest of the "World Cup"? I do not Sir, not one bit.

So onto this game on August 16, I can barely wait.

What's your formation? Go Socceroos wooohooo. This is what it's all about.

Rocco Jones said:
I'm over the world cup. Heartbreaking bull**** penalty with 10 seconds to go. Whatever! Would have been agaist a team with 1 player short, no subs while we have 2 for another 30 mins. Who cares! I don't.

So who cares about the rest of the "World Cup"? I do not Sir, not one bit.

So onto this game on August 16, I can barely wait.

What's your formation? Go Socceroos wooohooo. This is what it's all about.

Hear, Hear!!!

Only way to go is to move forward...

Macca19 said:
Depends who retires, who could be bothered etc.

I cant see Viduka, Kewell, Skoko, Moore or Chipperfield playing.

er you cant see them playing for the socceroos in 2months ? are you sure about that ?

:D

Some people are keen (or taking the ****).

I'd imagine an all A-League team taking the pitch in what would be one heck of a pre-season game (the season starts a week later). Might be able to get a few guys back from countries where leagues would not yet be underway, but still would be difficult to negotiate a release.

Aaron said:
er you cant see them playing for the socceroos in 2months ? are you sure about that ?

I cant see them wanting to play in a qualifier no. Viduka, Kewell and Moore especially.

Lowie01 said:

I'd imagine an all A-League team taking the pitch in what would be one heck of a pre-season game (the season starts a week later). Might be able to get a few guys back from countries where leagues would not yet be underway, but still would be difficult to negotiate a release.
It's a FIFA designated date - no release = no play for club either. If the European-based players want to play, they will be here.

Mike_B said:
It's a FIFA designated date - no release = no play for club either. If the European-based players want to play, they will be here.
Cheers, was wondering about this

I am looking forward to this, I believe this will be an Australian based squad ie 'Arry will have a groin problem, Viduka will have surgery needs etc

Aaron said:

If they aren't going to be playing in 4 years time, they will almost certainly retire from International Football after this World Cup.

It would be nice to be Asia Champions but what is more important is 2010 and getting the young guys some international experience now. I believe Kilkenny has said he would like to play in the Asia Cup Qualifiers so it would be good to see him get a few more games, as well as any of the other talented young guys like Wesolowski, or whoever else they think will be playing in 4 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presale for MyFootball Family as well,

The priority booking periods for the Football Family for the Asian Cup Qualifiers will be as follows:

* Sydney matches – together (v Kuwait August 16; v Bahrain October 11): 3-7 July*
* Adelaide match (v Lebanon, August 31): July 17 & 18

roostersgal4eva said:
not for the qualifiers but for the Asia Cup yes

The qualifiers are on FIFA dates ...

Rocco Jones said:
This thread was started as a ****take kids.

I am looking forward to it but that's just because I'm pathetic

I think it makes you a bandwagoner or something...

Will be interesting to see who comes, given the A League won't have kicked off proper yet.

Most will play. Kewell won tbecause he will want to be 100% for th eupcoming EPL season and lets hope Viduka retires from International Football. He is an absolute joke of the highest order.

I expect 2 changes at this stage ...

Lets hope Archie Thompson starts on August 16th ... :thumbsu:

Aaron said:
Most will play. Kewell won tbecause he will want to be 100% for th eupcoming EPL season and lets hope Viduka retires from International Football. He is an absolute joke of the highest order.

I expect 2 changes at this stage ...

Lets hope Archie Thompson starts on August 16th ... :thumbsu:
You think Archie is world Class??

Aaron i thought you barracked for the Diamondbacks in Baseball? :D :D :D

Lowie01 said:

Premiership starts about 3 days later...

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Asia Cup Qualifier: Australia v Kuwait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back