Official Bag-A-Club Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kipster said:
Interesting how we run the ball perhaps you've watched too many of your games and assume everyone else plays your cr*p style....

ive seen the hawks live and when do you run the ball??? u got poor old crawford running round and getting so bored of making space while your defenders chip it sideways and backwards!

u could take a nap in the hawks forward line waiting for the ball to get down there.

I think ill take our premiership and near miss this year in two exciting grand finals as evidence we play a better brand of footy than the hawks. or perhaps the thrashings we have given you the last 2 years!

Hawkk said:
That's actually incorrect, we receive the 2nd least of all Victorian clubs - 6.4 million dollars to be exact
So you're saying you don't receive the money?
The Tasmanian deal was done on the provision we get MCG games, the membership target is 40,000 and the facilities are glitzy...funnily enough both are facts as well.
It is also a fact that you are selling home games in order for a larger profit.
I even did a clever play on words to entertain you - and this is what get :p
Well it didn't go unnoticed, I just preferred to read between the lines.
Pfft. You play Collingwood in a public holiday game and the first round next year, yet you recieve 9.6 million dollars from the AFL on the grounds that you don't get enough coverage :rolleyes:
Well it goes a minute way to making us feel a little better given the friday night games we pioneered were taken from us.
What is the real reason you get 3.2 million more dollars then us?
Well to be honest, that money actually goes to me.

xpnorf said:
I see it all Hawks heroes Jeff Kennett,Joe Hockey etc.
Just another reason to dislike them

Obvious left winger xpnorf?.....this is the point all left wingers couldn't manage a root in a brothel with a handful of $50 notes....hence why you are on hand-outs and why you will fold down the track...that is unless you get some right wing policy makers that can make your club money...other wise bye bye Nurth Mulburne....;)

swansrule100 said:
ive seen the hawks live and when do you run the ball??? u got poor old crawford running round and getting so bored of making space while your defenders chip it sideways and backwards!

u could take a nap in the hawks forward line waiting for the ball to get down there.

I think ill take our premiership and near miss this year in two exciting grand finals as evidence we play a better brand of footy than the hawks. or perhaps the thrashings we have given you the last 2 years!

The time will come again when you are nothing but bottom feeders and your NSW counter parts will again jump off the band wagon.......regardless of your dribble you still play the most sh*tful game style in the league....go post a thread about who plays the most boring game of footy and you blokes will win hands down, why? because you do....

Arden Fast said:
Pot.Kettle.Black

I'm sorry. In the 6 weeks you've been here I don't think I've seen or heard from you.

Sorry to deflate your tyres but you are as insignificant as the rest of the Roos supporters on here.

All clubs receive a payment from the AFL thanks to the massive TV rights deal. The funny thing is Hawthorn receive the second least amount of all the Victorian clubs.

Why is this?

What do the Kangaroos receive the most?

And what does this mean? "It is also a fact that you are selling home games in order for a larger profit."

No sh*t, Sherlock. Of course we are.

Why are you selling your home games?

And why are you selling them for $400,000 less per game than we are?

Could it be that no one wants you?

I'd appreciate some serious answers to these questions.

Not holding my breath though.

mark73 said:
So you're saying you don't receive the money?

We get 250,000 in a Special Distribution Fund which is a **** fund developed to apparently help clubs with worse off Stadium deals. BTW, Port get 250,000 and Richmond + Carlton also get 400,000 under the new deal as well. In total there are 8 clubs on the program and we get the least amount of $$$$ :thumbsdown:

The fact of the matter is that all up, out of all the Victorian based sides we get the 2nd least amount of $$$ from the AFL

It is also a fact that you are selling home games in order for a larger profit.

The Hawks want to play as many games as we can at the MCG, but the AFL are only willing to give us 7 - they want all clubs to rotate home games between the MCG and Dome. Instead of playing our 4 games at the Dome and facing a mini financial disaster, they play games in a second market...granted without these games we would have made losses over the last 2 seasons instead of profits, but those times hard and it just justifies how financialy prudent the decision by the board was. At least this way members get compensation - away games at the MCG, which beats home games at the Dome where we have to sit in the heavens. We are making the very best of a bad situation and making serious coin out of it to :thumbsu:

Well it goes a minute way to making us feel a little better given the friday night games we pioneered were taken from us.

Hawks don't get anything, no public holiday games...nothing.

Frankston Rover said:
I'm sorry. In the 6 weeks you've been here I don't think I've seen or heard from you.

Sorry to deflate your tyres but you are as insignificant as the rest of the Roos supporters on here.

Well if you had a good look instead of thinkin of your next insult, you'd search, (yes thats right - search, a word foreign to most Hawthorn posters) ive actually been here longer than 6 weeks under a previous username.

And I also forgot the importance of being significant on a forum, where opinions are shared , and it's not a popularity contest.

Hawkk said:
We get 250,000 in a Special Distribution Fund which is a **** fund developed to apparently help clubs with worse off Stadium deals. BTW, Port get 250,000 and Richmond + Carlton also get 400,000 under the new deal as well. In total there are 8 clubs on the program and we get the least amount of $$$$ :thumbsdown:

The fact of the matter is that all up, out of all the Victorian based sides we get the 2nd least amount of $$$ from the AFL

We want to play as many games as we can at the MCG, but the AFL are only willing to give us 7 - they want all clubs to rotate home games between the MCG and Dome. Instead of playing our 4 games at the Dome and facing a mini financial disaster, we play games in a second market...granted without these games we would have made losses over the last 2 seasons instead of profits, but those times hard and it just justifies how financialy prudent the decision by the board was. At least this way members get compensation - away games at the MCG, which beats home games at the Dome where we have to sit in the heavens. We are making the very best of a bad situation and making serious coin out of it to :thumbsu:

We don't get anything, no public holiday games...nothing.
Why did you edit? I was contemplating the sharing bit.Was it because you didn't want to appear too "friendly" to the enemy? :confused: :)

Not going to touch my questions Skiddy?

And Arden Fist or whatever your new name is, I've never heard of your old name either. Sorry, mate.

Maybe you need a bigger profile. Here's an idea - instead of watching the Matrix for the 17th time, try and write something more intelligent than your last 2 efforts.

That might help. :thumbsu:

Frankston Rover said:

And Arden Fist or whatever your new name is, I've never heard of your old name either. Sorry, mate.

Maybe you need a bigger profile. Here's an idea - instead of watching the Matrix for the 17th time, try and write something more intelligent than your last 2 efforts.

That might help. :thumbsu:

You have a hard time dealing with simple concepts don't you?

Back to class junior.

Do you intend to contribute anything worthwhile to this thread or are you more concerned with the fact I've never heard of you?

I've posted some questions above, maybe you could have a crack at them?

W@nkstain Boner said:
Questions W@nky? If you have questions Bone, its usually an idea to address the person you want answers from.You may think I have a "thing" for you, but the reality is I don't plough through the site looking for posts contributed by W@nkstain Boner. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rick James said:
Collingwood - have some wierd delusion that they are the powerhouse of the AFL, in spite of not being the best financially or on field, or historically for that matter. In fact, there isn't actually a basis for it at all. They are the worst performing team in finals, ever. They have one flag in the last 55 years, and they look like nosediving massively again over the next two years.

In summary, they're sh*t but they don't realise it because they're rich.

You want an answer? Have a look at the all time ladder http://afl.allthestats.com/statistics/alltime.php

The big one may have escaped us for a long time, but we have still appeared in more Grand Finals than any other team. As to being a badly performing finals side, we have played in 75 finals series and made the GF 39 times. So, Collingwood appears in a GF once every second finals series it plays - not a bad return.

As to how financially successful we are off the field, maybe we should compare Collinwood's annual profit, property portfolio and training facilities (you know, the LEXUS CENTRE) with say...oh I don't know... the financial basketcase called the Melbourne Football Club!!!

Finally, we don't sell our home games!

Papa G said:
Mate you realise you invented chocking and thus Port would be MK2 and Crows MK3.

Also your description of Port would be just as apt for your club.

The difference is that Collingwood wait until the GF to choke...then we're experts - none better!

Frankston Rover said:
All clubs receive a payment from the AFL thanks to the massive TV rights deal. The funny thing is Hawthorn receive the second least amount of all the Victorian clubs.

Why is this?
Only a handful of clubs receive handout money Bone.The Whorks, like the Roos, are one of them.
What do the Kangaroos receive the most?
I take it you are asking "why" the most.We don't.Melbourne and the Bulldogs received more.
And what does this mean? "It is also a fact that you are selling home games in order for a larger profit."
It means you are playing games interstate in order to make more money.Like we are.Not that hard to understand I would've thought W@nky.
No sh*t, Sherlock. Of course we are.
No sh*t sherlock? What about the milo one? :)
Why are you selling your home games?
For the same reason you are.No Kangaroos fan has ever disputed that we need to seek other pastures along with Melbourne to cash in.Its just that its a little comedic when Whork supporters make reference to our clubs financial situation, when their club is doing the exact same thing.Not rocket science Bone.
And why are you selling them for $400,000 less per game than we are?
Maybe we don't need the money as much as you think we do.
Could it be that no one wants you?
You don't want me anymore? Then stop PMing me suggesting we "get it on". :)

Frankston Rover said:
Do you intend to contribute anything worthwhile to this thread or are you more concerned with the fact I've never heard of you?

I've posted some questions above, maybe you could have a crack at them?

I give it to you that you've provoked a reaction and got me to actually respond to your immature posts.

From all Ive seen on this thread, you've bitched an moaned and gone off topic on most occasions.

Provide some actual fact instead of just google-ing and taking whatever you read as gospel or STFU.

This BAY 13 remember ****-head!

mark73 said:
Only a handful of clubs receive handout money Bone.The Whorks, like the Roos, are one of them.

WRONG.

From the Herald Sun:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20414997%255E19771,00.html

AFL payments to clubs
$9.7m Kangaroos
$9.2m W.Bulldogs
$8m Melbourne
$8m Carlton
$7.7m St Kilda
$7.3m Richmond
$7.2m Sydney
$6.5m Essendon
$6.5m Geelong
$6.4m Hawthorn
$6.4m Port Adelaide
$6.2m Adelaide
$6.2m Collingwood
$6.2m Brisbane Lions
$6.2m West Coast
$6.2m Fremantle

If you bother to read the article in the Hun, every club receives money from the AFL thanks to the new TV deal. That's EVERY CLUB. Unfortunately, Hawthorn get $3,300,000 less than the Kangaroos.

Get your facts right before you make a fool of yourself.

mark73 said:
I take it you are asking "why" the most.We don't.Melbourne and the Bulldogs received more.

WRONG.

Again, see above. You really don't know much do you?

mark73 said:
It means you are playing games interstate in order to make more money.Like we are.Not that hard to understand I would've thought W@nky.

Then why do you need $3m more than us? And why do you continually lose money yet we've made 10 consecutive profits?

mark73 said:
No Kangaroos fan has ever disputed that we need to seek other pastures along with Melbourne to cash in.Its just that its a little comedic when Whork supporters make reference to our club "folding", when their club is doing the exact same thing.Not rocket science Bone.

WRONG. (again)

We have no reason to merge or fold. Unlike your club we support ourselves.

mark73 said:
Maybe we don't need the money as much as you think we do.

Hahahahahahaha. Good one, pauper.

mark73 said:
You don't want me anymore? Then stop PMing me suggesting we "get it on". :)

Sorry, unlike your parents, I don't sleep with morons.

So it seems we can safely say you know f**k all about this subject.

How does it feel to make a fool of yourself infront of all these people?

Arden Fast said:
I give it to you that you've provoked a reaction and got me to actually respond to your immature posts.

From all Ive seen on this thread, you've bitched an moaned and gone off topic on most occasions.

Provide some actual fact instead of just google-ing and taking whatever you read as gospel or STFU.

This BAY 13 remember ****-head!

See my previous post, d!psh*t.

Enough facts for you?

Fact is, your club is s**t. :D

mark73 said:
No Kangaroos fan has ever disputed that we need to seek other pastures along with Melbourne to cash in.

So you GC fans call Hawthorn whores, wouldn't that make you lot the same? Or is that too embarrassing to admit to?:eek:
And the difference is, Hawthorn sell games to make more money. You sell games to make some money.

If you look at the AFL P/P presentation that was circulating around here a bit it explains the break down of the funding.

We get 6,400,000 dollars (the base + 300,000)

The 300,000 is somehow supposed to compensate us for our MCG contract and develop our support in the Eastern corridor of Melbourne and Tasmania. I'm sure the 300,000 goes along way to achieving both :rolleyes:

The Roos get 9,700,000 dollars (the base + 3,600,000)

1,800,000 of this is the CBF, the rest is to update Arden Street and develop the Kangaroo support base on the Gold Coast. Interestingly the Kangaroos don't have a targeted market in Melbourne - according to the p/p anyway.

real magpies said:
So you GC fans call Hawthorn whores, wouldn't that make you lot the same? Or is that too embarrassing to admit to?:eek:
And the difference is, Hawthorn sell games to make more money. You sell games to make some money.
Answer my initial question earlier n00b, and then maybe I'll talk to you.If you can't (and I know you can't) make like a bird and fly

Into a wall. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Bag-A-Club Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back