Official Brad Haddin thread - don't start any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Haddin must go first. Then 2 more.

Haddin never would have gotten near the team if not for his batting. It's not just a handy bonus, your number 7 is expected to make some runs. Given that he isn't, and never has been, the best keeper in Australia, it can't be his keeping alone that gets him in the side. His batting is irresponsible and stupid. He got lucky today and got a second chance - and then immediately got out doing much the same thing again.

Wade is worth considering - like Haddin he'll probably never be the best keeper in the country, but he could jut about be picked for his batting alone. Paine is the best keeper, and a more than handy bat. He can score quickly, and he can occupy the crease. He did a great job when Haddin was injured, and arguably should have kept spot.

I suspect that the selectors are keeping Haddin until they can select Paine. If they still want to stagger the retirements, then they'll probably just stagger Haddin's until Paine is right. They probably have to drop one or two people after the loss today, Hughes is the obvious candidate, and there are several others who should be very nervous. All of the top 7 apart from Warner and Clarke could be in trouble.

+1

Unless there are players at state level demanding selection, there's little point in pursuing change for the sake of it because of a couple of lacklustre performances.

this argument has been made obsolete by the facts for mine. there are plenty of players at state level who can make a scratchy 15 and they might actually get better with time, while ponting and hussey won't

how many tests left for us to get it right before the ashes? a dozen or so? times a wasting

the 'we need them for their experience' argument is equally flawed. their experience is bringing us nothing. clarke knows where all the good curry joints are. thats enough

really, its like a bloke who hasn't been laid for two years giving advice on pulling chicks

I dont think your Victorian boy WADE is the answer to the Wicket Keeping.

I think Haddin will keep his place until Tim Paine is 100% Ready to take over.
Boxing Day :
1. Warner - Certainly proved me wrong - but certainly looks fantastic !
2. Hughes - Gone - Watson In
3. Khawaja - Sorry , In 6 or 7 Tests now still has not delivered a Big Score at #3. Marsh In ( If Not available - Ed Cowan )
4. Ponting* is still our Best # 4 with the runs on the Board. I believe he should be ( and will be ) asked to call it a day after the India Series. We honour our champions and let them leave sort of on their own terms ! Apologies Heals !! Then to take over # 5 ... There are : Forrest is it from Qld ? Maddinson NSW ?
5. Clarke - 4 after Ponting retires
6. Hussey - See Ponting * And Hussey has been outstanding for our country . Replacement and Potentially the Best # 6 since Steve Waugh :
Mitchell Marsh !! Can Belt the ball - Needs to temper his agression and rash stroke play ... He is a Marsh - That will come. and Bowls mid 140's also !
7. Haddin / Tim Paine

Bowlers : ( not in Batting Order !! )
8. Lyon Nathan ( the Brewery ) is the Spinner. Then Beer

Quicks for Boxing Day:
9. Harris
10. Pattinson
11. Siddle

If we need a Lefty its Starc ( But he is not there at the moment) until Johnson gets going again. We Do Need a Lefty !! With 2 Quicks and Watson !

Cummins is a Ripper
Copeland will be used on the lower Slower decks around the world , May never play a Home Test Match !!
Hazlewood
Hogan from WA - Very Nice Swing Bowler ! Terry Alderman II

Ponting, Haddin, Hussey, Hughes, out. Too many passengers to carry into a test series against India.

yep. tough calls but they should've been made long ago in a staggered fashion. now we've crossed the rubicon and our indecisiveness has come back to haunt us

Haddin, Ponting and Hussey have no future in our test side. I would keep Hughes purely because he is an important part of our future, and we need to rebuild. The side which should be playing IMO:

Hughes
Warner
Marsh
Watson
Clarke
Khawaja
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
McKay
Lyon

I dont think your Victorian boy WADE is the answer to the Wicket Keeping.

I think Haddin will keep his place until Tim Paine is 100% Ready to take over.
Boxing Day :
1. Warner - Certainly proved me wrong - but certainly looks fantastic !
2. Hughes - Gone - Watson In
3. Khawaja - Sorry , In 6 or 7 Tests now still has not delivered a Big Score at #3. Marsh In ( If Not available - Ed Cowan )
4. Ponting* is still our Best # 4 with the runs on the Board. I believe he should be ( and will be ) asked to call it a day after the India Series. We honour our champions and let them leave sort of on their own terms ! Apologies Heals !! Then to take over # 5 ... There are : Forrest is it from Qld ? Maddinson NSW ?
5. Clarke - 4 after Ponting retires
6. Hussey - See Ponting * And Hussey has been outstanding for our country . Replacement and Potentially the Best # 6 since Steve Waugh :
Mitchell Marsh !! Can Belt the ball - Needs to temper his agression and rash stroke play ... He is a Marsh - That will come. and Bowls mid 140's also !
7. Haddin / Tim Paine

Bowlers : ( not in Batting Order !! )
8. Lyon Nathan ( the Brewery ) is the Spinner. Then Beer

Quicks for Boxing Day:
9. Harris
10. Pattinson
11. Siddle

If we need a Lefty its Starc ( But he is not there at the moment) until Johnson gets going again. We Do Need a Lefty !! With 2 Quicks and Watson !

Cummins is a Ripper
Copeland will be used on the lower Slower decks around the world , May never play a Home Test Match !!
Hazlewood
Hogan from WA - Very Nice Swing Bowler ! Terry Alderman II

You best be joking about the bolded.

Khawaja for me needs to go back to Shield cricket. He has been given far more chances than Hughes early doors but has yet to get to his top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time an Australian keeper was dropped? Anyone? Healy was retiring and wanted a farewell test but didn't get it, Gilly retired.
They went through a few between Marsh and Healy.

Woolley, Phillips, Zoehrer, Dyer, Rixon.

I'd like one of Paine and Wade to keep and the other to field. Worked very well for Boucher and AB for South Africa.

He's hardly had any chances.

Khawaja is up to it, he just needs a breakthrough innings.

Has played in the majority of tests since the Sydney test. Normally a player of quality will make a standout dig (& that is a century) early days, Khawaja is already behind Marsh, Warner & co in that regard.

His selection was mainly a reactionary one as everyone was crying out for some youth, when England were murdering them. He looks rather timid & meek in test match cricket.

As others have said... he isn't the 1st to drop.

1st = Hughes... just looks scared, so put him out of his misery. Hopefully, a few years maturing at State level will see him return a better player... ala Hayden.

2nd = Ponting... he's now definitely on the down, but still has some smarts/fight left. See how he goes on Boxing Day. If badly then give him a farewell game.

3rd... would be Haddin... but he is primarily our keeper, so how is his keeping? Batting is more of an extra. Also there are other alternatives to dropping. Perhaps we should try opening with him to see if he can score a quick 40-50... but if a "kick in the butt" is required we can always drop him down the order. Drop him to #10 as a reminder that his batting spot isn't guaranteed.

4th = Hussey... has some form, but his time is limited. We can't overhaul the team too quickly.

1. Hayden struggled against Ambrose, Akram, Walsh, Donald before returning and plundering ordinary attacks on featherbeds when those bowlers had retired. Not sure Hughes is in the same position. His main scoring shots on the off side are proving his downfall. He'll go back and score runs against shield attacks, but so what. He has serious flaws in his technique and so far listening to his interviews, he fails to acknowledge them.

2. Hussey's only form was against a D grade Sri Lankan attack on dead wickets. 1,0, 20 & 39 against Sth Africa. 15, 8 & 0 against New Zealand paints a better picture. Hussey goes before Ponting.

3. Haddin is no Adam Gilchrist, but neither is Paine or Wade and we were spoilt for so long. I doubt Wade/Paine would cope with the bowling we've seen on bowler friendly pitches.

Warner
Cowan
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon

Seems realistic on BD

the problem with usman is rather simple. they ain't bowling short to him. give him a short ball and he'll make you pay. that's been in part because a lot of the tests he's played in have favoured seam and swing so far eg they're bowling it full. that's why he's been getting into holes. he's been mindful of his tendency to leave bat-pad gaps too imo, leading to shots being put away to ensure he doesn't get out, leaving him almost no avenues to score runs.

Yay. Let's make our team LESS experienced!!

That'll help us to win.

Experience complements ability and technique. It's useless when the ability, technique, temprement and reflexes aren;t there.

Blokes like Cowan and Marsh would do much better than Hussey and Ponting.

We weren't experienced against NZ.

Bringing in 3 middle order debutants against India would be giving up on the series.

Haddin should go; we have the most ready made replacements for him.

Ponting and Hussey shouldn't go together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Brad Haddin thread - don't start any more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back