List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. All great points.

Thus, given that perspective and that all of Murda, Gregson, Cocky, Gore, REad, Guthrie, Mots et al have ALL just re-signed contracts ( accepting this is a sign of happiness at GFC) can we declare it reasonable to assume that regardless of AFC potential requests, none of these names will be involved in ANY trades as part of the PD deal.

Just so we can stop 25% of the bullshit angst going back and forth.

Trading picks - sure talk that up as potential. But the contracted player stuff needs to cease.

Reasonable?

Go Catters
Agree with this for what it's worth ....the deal will involve likely 2 first round draft picks , at worst a 1st and a 2nd but I doubt it

No doubt the AFC will start off asking for a player like above and the picks but they will quickly be rejected and the compromise position found ( prob already happened )

Agree with this for what it's worth ....the deal will involve likely 2 first round draft picks , at worst a 1st and a 2nd but I doubt it

No doubt the AFC will start off asking for a player like above and the picks but they will quickly be rejected and the compromise position found ( prob already happened )

Won't happen, you will not get 2 first round picks unless we split 9 into 2 late ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Won't happen, you will not get 2 first round picks unless we split 9 into 2 late ones.

It's like me saying definitely will happen, you don't know that

If the crows are willing to risk the compo pick altogether then it might just go to the draft or another vic club but I truly can't see that happening

Abusing the GFC itself or the supporters?
Can't think of anything GFC has done wrong in all of this so far

Abusing Geelong supporters & the club itself on facebook earlier today in news stories related to Paddy's move home......

It's the minority of course, Still not justifiable however.

If the crows are willing to risk the compo pick altogether then it might just go to the draft or another vic club but I truly can't see that happening

No it's not, if you had any idea about our list you'd know we will never give up 2 first round picks, maybe a club like yours would mortgage its future like that but ours it too well run for that.

Hate to say it, but believing what a club says in the media, yet opposing someone's view that has been on the money, is contradictory.

If we believe the populist items that are pushed by the clubs and AFL, we'd be the fools for it.

Whilst we may not all agree, when news comes about which is better than what the club is giving us, and turns out spot on, who are we to chastise this view?

BF would be boring otherwise.
Well! If the person claiming to be on the money is the same one I think it is then his Boak signed-sealed-and delivered wasn't on-the-money. ;)

Anyone who believes forum posters are privy to dealings of this nature lives in a parallel universe. And I've not said I believe everything the club says. Merely it's more reliable, particularly when it's first-hand, than forum chatter.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.:)

The substantive point I was making is that it shows a lack of appreciation of negotiations to think the Crows won't focus on their interests. They'd be derelict not to and we'd expect nothing less if the roles were reversed.

Keep believing what you want to believe but nothing coming out of club suggesting we won't match

Only chance is for you to pay danger above market rate $1.2 M +which doesn't look like happening

We have our cap stocked and open with matt crouch and similar off contract until danger deal is done

Not saying it's fair and not saying you won't match. I'm saying a trade won't happen. If you match I think PD will end up staying but I'm not sure Adelaide would want that. What do you think his value would be to Geelong and why? I think he would be worth a lot more to teams in their window( freo, North, Richmond,) and to developing teams (bris, gws, Melb) but not sure Geelong are in either of these categories. Would be interested to hear what you think he's worth from a cats perspective .....taking into consideration he would be unrestricted in 2 years. I know he will be worth much more to Adelaide than this but we're in the fortunate position of being his nominated club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree seems like unders to me.
It's probably unders in the sense of Dangers true worth... but still much better than the AFL compo

And since Danger wants out and is only nominating Geelong it removes leverage.... meaning you will likely get unders

Not saying it's fair and not saying you won't match. I'm saying a trade won't happen. If you match I think PD will end up staying but I'm not sure Adelaide would want that. What do you think his value would be to Geelong and why? I think he would be worth a lot more to teams in their window( freo, North, Richmond,) and to developing teams (bris, gws, Melb) but not sure Geelong are in either of these categories. Would be interested to hear what you think he's worth from a cats perspective .....taking into consideration he would be unrestricted in 2 years. I know he will be worth much more to Adelaide than this but we're in the fortunate position of being his nominated club.
Maybe that's why he mentioned Victoria instead of geelong ...just in case

The crows have no say if it will go to the draft or not though. The only one who can decide that is PD and he will only have that option if crows decide to match. I suspect that's there's a reasonable chance he will accept the offer for two years. He's said all along it will be crows or cats,

I'll believe Adelaide will match when it happens. For now I'm going to stick with my belief that Geelong will do whatever it can to convince Adelaide to take the compo and since we have all the aces in this battle there's no reason to think we won't be successful in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back