Official Game Day Thread: Round 3 Fremantle vs Geelong @ Subi

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very impressive game guys! Your composure under that much pressure was excellent.

I don't exactly like it, but with a win like that I can certainly appreciate it. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to see how our youngsters stand up.
4 Qtrs of pressure will give us a good chance, freo by 7

Wow, good call.

Good win Freo, I think everyone bar the cats fans were barracking for you guys tonight :)

I hate doing this but

scarlett, mooney, ottens, rooke, varcoe, milburn

would you have won if they were there? Do those six players make up the 7 point difference?

Weak as pi$$ post.

Can only beat the the team the opposition coach sends out to play. Can't play wot-if's.

Every team has players missing d*ckhead. It is how you cover the losses that matters.

I hate doing this but

would you have won if they were there? Do those six players make up the 7 point difference?
Maybe you should pray for them to come back. I think the bloke who runs these boards said it best:

You're a complete ****ing idiot.

In fact, you're a complete ****ing idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Geelong could have won with some inclusions. They also could have still lost. I think the main contributing factor was Geelong running out of legs due to travel/limited pre-season/Hawks game ... not who was missing.

Anyway, Tarrant = Scarlett. Don't think Mooney would have done anything more than Pods did today. Ottens obviously a key factor, but Sandi smashes everyone. The others, like Rooke, Milburn and Varcoe ... all would make some difference, but geez, who cares? We're not pretending we are better than a full strength team which won the flag.

Also, most of Geelong's best players had good games ... Ablett, Chapman, Enright, Bartel, Selwood. The only big match winner who was quiet was Johnson. So the Cats team that turned up played pretty well.

well done on the victory lads!

wasn't going to post, but to those saying geelong would have won with player x, y and z in 2008 we played the cats in a h&a game where they were without ablett and a few other key players, they beat us, but we then played them at full strength a few weeks later in the granny and we won.. so who's to say if their injured / suspended players played freo wouldn't have won by 5+ goals?

I hate doing this but

I know losses aren't particularly common for Geelong, but s#it dude, you are a terrible sport! Everyone has summed it up perfectly - you can only beat the side you face, and I thought we did it incredibly well. Get off our board and let us enjoy a well deserved win!

I know losses aren't particularly common for Geelong, but s#it dude, you are a terrible sport! Everyone has summed it up perfectly - you can only beat the side you face, and I thought we did it incredibly well. Get off our board and let us enjoy a well deserved win!
I would have picked Freo to win if we had all those in. Pods was good. Scarlett is irreplaceable. Sandilands monsters everybody. I agree, the last/4 was going to be be our test and the best team got up. You somehow made our kickouts so pressurised that we cracked. We were lucky in 08, and it was only a matter of time that this Freo team is going to make it. Every year I tip Freo to finish in the 8 and this year looks like the real deal.

I hate doing this but

It's too hard to say really think about last year
round 14 down by 6 points to the saints minus stevie j all vats fans thought with him we'd have won. Come grand final we win he has a shocker

anyway
congratz freo on the win 3 n 0 who wouldve thought hope u can follow up with a good game against the saints :)

Got back from the game late last night what do you say best game of football ive been to hill is a dead set champ when no one was running he just put the burners on made everyone look slow pav sandi hill in the last were the keys but the whole team put in tonight thats the most pleasing thing all this talk who was in who was out 22 blokes played 22 blokes we got the win just a side note get tarrant in for dud now was our worst player by country mile weak at the contest ! bloody good win boys made us proud today shit hot !!

Got back from the game late last night what do you say best game of football ive been to hill is a dead set champ when no one was running he just put the burners on made everyone look slow pav sandi hill in the last were the keys but the whole team put in tonight thats the most pleasing thing all this talk who was in who was out 22 blokes played 22 blokes we got the win just a side note get tarrant in for dud now was our worst player by country mile weak at the contest ! bloody good win boys made us proud today shit hot !!

Jeez longwaytogo, I put it down to your excitement, but a few fullstops would help:D

I hate doing this but

Scarlett - too girly. Your side was more masculine without him (now, if Ablett was out, your side would've been even more masculine...that man is pure woman).

Mooney = crab. He isn't that good. He's also a very, very angry man.

Ottens, no, Sandi still would have wooped his arse.

Rooke isn't that good.

Who the hell is Varcoe?

Milburn is also a very angry man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Game Day Thread: Round 3 Fremantle vs Geelong @ Subi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back