Game Day Official GDT - PRELIMINARY FINAL Sydney v NMFC, Friday PM, ANZ Stadium (Out: JMac / In: Jacobs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be

Out: McMillan
In: Tippett

Tippett can play on his brother.
Grima/Thompson rotating on Franklin/Reid.
Firrito on Goodes.

If Tippet comes into the side and plays on Tippet who do you think will get the better of each other, will be a great spectacle to watch if it does happen.

ANZ usually release seating in stages based on demand. For smaller crowds they compact everyone in to certain areas and don't open the top tiers. Saves on staffing, catering, cleaning, etc. Terrible stadium too.

Begone with you and your sensible and logical explanations!

That said, this is a preliminary final. We shouldn't be discussing "smaller crowds" and staging the release of seating. We should be talking about full houses. Even if one of the teams is a "minnow" (ha) and the other is, well, you know. From a fan's perspective, they really should have played this at the SCG and aimed to fill the joint (from North's perspective I'm quite happy not to play there) rather than go half full at one of the biggest stadiums in Australia.

So the match ups with any luck will be
Thompson - franklin
Grima- tippett
Tippett - pyke/reid
Firrito? - goodes
Lmac - parker/jack/mcglynn when they drift forward

I am most worried about tippett and goodes surprisingly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a fan's perspective, they really should have played this at the SCG and aimed to fill the joint (from North's perspective I'm quite happy not to play there) rather than go half full at one of the biggest stadiums in Australia.
You definitely won't find many arguments there! A full SCG would have been awesome.

give it another three hours and McDonalds will be giving away seats with a happy meal, yeah Sydney have really embraced the AFL, and all that money has been well spent.

You get the feeling that 40,000 is the minimum acceptable attendance for the AFL re: this match.

Bastinac has dropped to 22 best player jacobs tackles harder but makes more clangers and tippet in if the weather is dry i would assume..

Would someone please post the final score in the prelim & what our winning margin was in the Grand Final - I really need to get some work done.

148 point win over the Swans in the Prelim.

135 point win over the Power in the GF (LMac kicks 12 in a Norm Smith medal performance).

Now get some work done.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back