SHEPPARTON

B: McIntyre, King, Carnovale

HB: Feltdmann, McKinley, Jaques

C: B. Chapman, Byers, M. Chapman

HF: Sofi, Mellington, Kennelley

F: O'Brien, Dudgeon, Jones

Foll: Harrap, Allan, Archer

Inter: Shadbolt, L. Chapman, Hiscock
Looks like a very average Euroa team in this week. They must have quite a few injuries. I think they may struggle against Mansfield @ Mansfield. Hotten will prove the difference in the ruck or up forward.

My tips are:

Mansfield by about 4 or 5 goals.
Benalla in a close against the echuca.
Mooroopna to beat Ky easily.
Seymour to account for shep. bears.
Swans to give Rochy a touch up. Over 10 goals.
United to outclass Tatura.

Re: Official GVFL thread

ajm30 said:
free press is a big cover up, basically 10 players would not have played if ciavola was still at the club, nearly a big punch on at thier do last week in echuca

Thats what i was told tonight, and expect one or two more to go shortly. All is not well at Bomber land.

Why dont you have a crack at all the blokes that pulled out on the eve of the weekend, but somehow managed to be right for their clubs the week after. Look at those blokes before slagging off a guy who went out of his way to represent the gv and also travel to training.[/QUOTE]

VERY VERY WELL SAID ???

Good to see A. Doxey in the line up for Euroa. He may be a suprise packet for the mansfield boys

LOBSTER said:
Looks like a very average Euroa team in this week. They must have quite a few injuries. I think they may struggle against Mansfield @ Mansfield. Hotten will prove the difference in the ruck or up forward.

My tips are:

okay boys i am gonna have a crack at this on
my tips are:

euroa by 4 goals againest mansfield
benella easily by 7 goal againest echuca
mooroopna to beat ky comfortably
seymour to good for shepp
rochy in an upset againest swans by 3 points
united to account for tatura

hope you all have a good day at the footy. WEIDEMAN OUT!!

Tatura still winless beaten by 85 pts by United. Money can't bye success, stiff s*** for the Bulldogs.

Listening to the 98.5 call today.

Seymour v Shep scores are very close in the last update. Seymour might taste their first defeat.

LOBSTER said:

My tips are:

Great effort Lobster...on the mark all round

Rochester are just playing for priority picks now. It won't get any easier against Mansfield and Benalla in the next two week.

Round Six Results

Mansfield 14.22 (106) v Euroa 10.7 (67)
Benalla 16.13 (109) v Echuca 12.13 (85)
Kyabram 12.7 (79) v Mooroopna 19.4 (118)
Seymour 12.9 (81) v Shepparton 8.15 (63)
Shepparton Swans 23.20 (158) v Rochester 16.8 (104)
Shepparton United 20.7 (127) v Tatura 5.12 (42)

Believe an undermanned Seymour was 6 goals down early in their match, before holding Shepp to two more for the day, whilst grounding out another committed team performance.

Seeking Glory said:
I heard Douglas played on the weekend in the 2nd's, dose anyone know how he went?

Was told last night he did an ankle in his return bout in the two's . . . . might be time for Chippa to step away from footy and give District Cricket a go!!

Anyone got information on Euroa? Obviously a top side but decimated with injuries? Tough game this week coming up against benalla

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xlr8ator_11 said:
Anyone got information on Euroa? Obviously a top side but decimated with injuries? Tough game this week coming up against benalla

Decimated by injuries yes , But so are seymour but they keep on winning. Lets not make excuses , they need to bounce back this week.

Duff Man said:
Decimated by injuries yes , But so are seymour but they keep on winning. Lets not make excuses , they need to bounce back this week.

Duff , injuries would have to be playing a big part in the sudden decline of the Euroa football club?

Duff Man said:

Duff man just wondering what club u support.

Injuries arnt an excuse how can they be? Injuries can run clubs into the ground for instance collingwood last year were full of them, this yr they are fresh and flying. If u are going to say n e thing in that category ask "where is the depth?" not excuses

No Heart said:
Duff , injuries would have to be playing a big part in the sudden decline of the Euroa football club?

When your got 6-7 players out yes it makes it very hard, we dont have the depth of a seymour who ive heard have just as many injuries at the moment but have the depth to cover them. But at the buisness end of the season when it counts Euroa will be up and running.

Duff Man said:
When your got 6-7 players out yes it makes it very hard, we dont have the depth of a seymour who ive heard have just as many injuries at the moment but have the depth to cover them. But at the buisness end of the season when it counts Euroa will be up and running.

You are right, our depth at the moment is being tested also, we had 7 out on the weekend , but the boys coming up are playing well, but the poor old ressies struggled on the weekend and lost their first game. Benalla seem to be having trouble with injuries as well.

Lets talk about Shepp Swans and Mooroopna , boys are they the real deal ? Can they go all the way, sitting 2nd and 3rd doing something right at the moment.

Duff Man said:

Duff Man, can u please stop 'trying' to tell everyone u are form euroa.
You are not and we all know that. Just be true to yourself mate. No one gets on here and starts to bag their own club, thats just wrong.

Seymour are going great though, Euroa are struggling at the moment but they will bounce back, no doubt about it.

Mooroopna and the swans are the big ones I reckon, they could prove to be very strong this year, they are going to make the finals and give the big guns a run for there money.

Both Swans and Mooroopna would beat any team in the competition if they played well. If you look at their lists they are outstanding and really have quality players which could get them a flag

No Heart said:
Lets talk about Shepp Swans and Mooroopna , boys are they the real deal ? Can they go all the way, sitting 2nd and 3rd doing something right at the moment.

I haven't seen Mooroopna yet, but I watched a bit of the Rochy-Swans game. The Swans looked pretty good. Matt McCarty is having a great year and they have one of the best ruckmen in the league. To be honest, I don't know a heap about them, but I think they have the potential to do very well this year.

Seeking Glory said:
I heard Douglas played on the weekend in the 2nd's, dose anyone know how he went?

Not Sure how Douglas went but i did see that the Seymour two's were defeated by Shepparton on Saturday, i Heard shepp only had 19 players for the day, maybe the injuries 2 the seniors is taking its tole on the two's. Wells and Harrop played in the reserves and may well be pushing for senior selection this weekend. Anyone know what happened to the Bears Seniors after Quarter time???

HawkeEye said:
Duff Man, can u please stop 'trying' to tell everyone u are form euroa.
You are not and we all know that. Just be true to yourself mate. No one gets on here and starts to bag their own club, thats just wrong.

Seymour are going great though, Euroa are struggling at the moment but they will bounce back, no doubt about it.

Mooroopna and the swans are the big ones I reckon, they could prove to be very strong this year, they are going to make the finals and give the big guns a run for there money.
As I said previously HawkeEye, I believe Euroa will be there at the business end of the season, but injuries look to be hurting us a bit more than most other clubs at the moment. (A bit like Benalla a few weeks back).

Injuries are part of footy and i'm not trying to make excuses - simply pointing out a fact. A couple more on the weekend didn't help us either. Guys like Morph, Pooley and Freddie are busting their guts for us, but opposition sides can generally match up against these blokes easier than some of the bigger names we currently have out.

Fact is we are 3-3 at the moment and 'off track' as far as where we would like to be after 6 rounds.

Flat Track Bully said:
Great effort Lobster...on the mark all round
Thanks mate.:thumbsu:

After watching the Mansfield v Euroa game on the weekend, Euroa can thank their lucky stars they didnt lose by 15 goals. Mansfield totally outclassed them all day. If only they had of kicked straight. As I said on Friday it was a very average Euroa team taking to the ground and if that team keeps running out there like that, they will struggle to make finals. I think that last years semi success may of gotten to a few of the boys heads and they just assume they are going to beat teams every week. They lacked skill, fitness, speed and communication at times. They look a rabble at the moment.

Injuries or no injuries, if they lose to Benalla this week, they can kiss their season goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad