Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Wagga Tigers Coaching Positions 2008 Season
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Wagga Tigers Football Club [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]seeks expressions of interest for coaching for season 2008 in the following grades:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Grade (RFL) - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
  • Senior Players
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]New players are also very welcome. Please contact the club if you would like information regarding lifestyle, employment or accommodation details and Player payments[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The club has a strong tradition and is a premier club in the RFL competition. It offers excellent facilities, a strong Committee and a region offering a great lifestyle with many employment opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wagga Tigers has a very strong junior base and we are looking to build on an excellent 2007 with the First Grade being premiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Applications for the coaching job and senior players that are interested in playing please email me at[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Email: tom@jupitermotors.com.au[/FONT]

What the hell is this? I saw your original advertisement a few weeks back, and if I had any interest in applying for a coaching position at your crap club, I would have done so by now!

Advertising once is fair enough, but twice is abusing the site. Take out an add in the paper next time you tight wad.:cool:

What the hell is this? I saw your original advertisement a few weeks back, and if I had any interest in applying for a coaching position at your crap club, I would have done so by now!

Advertising once is fair enough, but twice is abusing the site. Take out an add in the paper next time you tight wad.:cool:

Duffy, Ive got a feeling this crap club won the premiership???????????????

givemehead67 must have knocked them back

givemehead67 must have knocked them back

I don't care if they won the last 5 flags or if their President can whistle zippity-doo-dah out his butt hole! They're still tight wads.

Yes they won the flag.
Yes they are tight wads.
Yes they are a crap club.
And the Wagga Tigers asking me to coach them is akin to Rochester inviting me to there next reunion.:eek:
Any one considering a move to the Riverina is welcom at the Narrandera Eagles though.:D:thumbsu:

The most arrogant up themselves club in the world!!!! Hows that and that is the truth! Wagga Tigers might need to look at why no one wants to coach them. Get back little Marky Stone

rochester had 30 on the track every night for the last 2 weeks. About 5 thrids and the rest seniors. Seem to have a few new ones having a run and the ruckman from Heathcote looks likely to play. They also have about 3-4 having a look at present and Mark Brown is about 80-90% chance to play with Lenny.

I'll give Lenny credit, he must have been doing some ringing to get a few new heads through the door. Tis the silly season though so watch this space and see who signs.

Also heard Chris McCarty definitely back for the second half of the year. Massive pickup if they are travelling well or close enough to it mid season. Benny A might not be too far away as apparently his missus wants to come home from OS. The puppy dog will follow.

Im from a melbourne based club, looking for quality players for 2008 season. If you or anyone is interested in coming to a new club, however we really are after quality recuits and they will be rewarded accordingly, please PM me. Thanks

Seymour is about to anounce another massive recruit in the return of J. Amad. apparantly Craig Zotti is wrapped to have a pinch hitter in the mid field coming off the bench.The canteen ladies are also excited as it will see the return of young Leo Amad which should see the canteen takings almost double.

Im not sure why there should be tension between Jake and United. United have done everything right by the kid getting him a new job when he needed one last year, clearing him to Mulwala so that he could go and play with his good friend Chris Kennedy and now that he returns to the GVFL he plays with Mooroopna.
I would imagine United would be extremly disappointed not to get him back which is totally understandable. Will be very interesting when United play Mooroopna next year. I would imagine Cowman might have a few sleepless nights leading into that one.
I think you will find there is more to it then that. Tension is at record levels between Cowman and United. He is also related to the Campbells, im sure that had a bit of pull.

Seymour is about to anounce another massive recruit in the return of J. Amad. apparantly Craig Zotti is wrapped to have a pinch hitter in the mid field coming off the bench.The canteen ladies are also excited as it will see the return of young Leo Amad which should see the canteen takings almost double.

Heard today that James Clements name is thrown around at Seymour ,is there any truth to the rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

add singh to the cats as well , maybe signing for a huge amount less

Funny that didn't you just link yourself to Marby on the EDFL thread :confused: A huge amount less than 2k a game is still a lot of $$$ so I'm sure you'll be right :thumbsu:

J.Amad is rattling the money tin down at Norfkit Park this year, in charge of pulling in new sponsors and members ...also helping his brother who is coaching.

J.Amad is rattling the money tin down at Norfkit Park this year, in charge of pulling in new sponsors and members ...also helping his brother who is coaching.
No disrespect to smokin Joe but even he would acknowledge he is in the twilight of what has been a stellar career. Will still be good value as a mentor to the youngsters as he proved this season with the Cougars. Will form a strong coaching combination with brother Matt at Westgarth St not Kings Park.

Hungry Cowman set to purr
By Richard Goodbody

Former Shepparton United and Mulwala star Jake Cowman will join Mooroopna next year as the Cats' assistant coach.
Rounding out a red letter week for the club, the representative ruckman recently put pen to paper on the deal, as the ink was still drying on the signatures of Heidelberg premiership stars Marcus Dean, Russell Lee and Craig Wheelan.
"It's a great signing," Mooroopna president Greg Freer said.
"Hopefully he's the missing piece of the puzzle.
"We didn't just want a ruckman, we wanted a quality ruckman and a good bloke, and Jake's both of those.
"We're very happy that he's decided to play with us."
After just 12 months with Mulwala, Cowman will return to the Goulburn Valley Football League next season as the Cats make a concerted finals push.
Despite the recent losses of Derek Hall, Shaun Robbins, Geoff Hopkins and Karl Norman, the Cats have taken a pro-active stance to their recruiting needs, netting four quality senior players.
"I'm pretty excited," Cowman said.
"I was a little bit stale last year and I went up to Mulwala to find that hunger again under Kia (Chris Kennedy) and now I have and I'm ready to explode.
"I thought about going back to United, but Mooroopna have given me an opportunity with the assistant's role and I'm really looking forward to it.
"I guess it's a new chapter for me . . . and I'm cousins with (Mooroopna coach) Brad Campbell, so it will be good to work with him."
During his one and only season with Mulwala, the 23-year-old played a pivotal role in the Lions' premiership push, but strained a hamstring during their 13-point preliminary final loss.
With his hunger now restored, Cowman is hoping to re-establish himself as one of the league's premier ruckman.
Cowman was introduced to the Mooroopna playing group last night during a pre-season training run.

rochester had 30 on the track every night for the last 2 weeks. About 5 thrids and the rest seniors. Seem to have a few new ones having a run and the ruckman from Heathcote looks likely to play. They also have about 3-4 having a look at present and Mark Brown is about 80-90% chance to play with Lenny.

I'll give Lenny credit, he must have been doing some ringing to get a few new heads through the door. Tis the silly season though so watch this space and see who signs.

Also heard Chris McCarty definitely back for the second half of the year. Massive pickup if they are travelling well or close enough to it mid season. Benny A might not be too far away as apparently his missus wants to come home from OS. The puppy dog will follow.

Who is this Heathcote player? How tall is he?

Looks like Lenny is very enthusiastic and getting stuck into it early.

Here's the ones that missed from the GV region:

Jake Anderson
Michael Barlow
Ben Clifton
Zane Coventry
Matt Deledio
Tim Dickson
Ryan Edwards
Mitchell Keddell
Matt Kelly
Jason Limbrick
Tim Looby
James Martinello
Casey Nance
Ryan Normington
Gareth Oughton
Tom Rockcliff
Sam Rowe
Saad Saad
Shane Sali
Michael Stevens
Rex Taylor
Robert Tuohey
Josh Walker
Ash Watson

* Note that players are kept on the list for 3 years.

I thought Normington would've gotten drafted. A strong rookie list candidate however.

Some very average players on that list, need to pull their heads out of their arses...get a grip boys. If you struggle in the GV, you'll prolly struggle at AFL level

Archard has definetly signed in South Australia..........Oswald boys are staying in Yarrawonga. Rumours flying around about the reasoning behind their decision.

Who is this Heathcote player? How tall is he?

Majority of Heathcote's ruck duties were shared by coach Al Meldrum and young Lech Featherstone when he wasn't on Pio's duties - if it is Lech he woulda been the HDFL's rookie of the year winner had they still presented it IMO - he dominated the elimination final when they smashed my boys :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad