Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Official GVFL thread

Echucaboy- Mooroolbark weren't making excuses, just stating facts. Many senior players were unavailable. We basically played half a reserves team against East Keilor, five of whom had already played a full game in the ressies in 38 degree heat. If you are going to judge East Keilor's prospects on that result you are kidding yourself. We should have knocked off Mansfield and we played with four key defenders, our full forward and ruckman missing.
I'm sure they had outs as well but as we all know, practice matches are a very rough guide. Having said that the Mansfield -Mooroolbark game was a high quality one and a joy to watch.
GO the Barkers!!

Domus, I was thinking (based on what Echucaboy had said) that it'd be a really easy win for Mansfield and I was quite suprised how high the quality of a game it was.
Pretty entertaining to watch, though my favourite player was on the bench most of the time :eek:.
And your seconds are great too, though we don't have a very strong seconds team.
Good luck to you guys this season. :thumbsu:

Echucaboy- Mooroolbark weren't making excuses, just stating facts. Many senior players were unavailable. We basically played half a reserves team against East Keilor, five of whom had already played a full game in the ressies in 38 degree heat. If you are going to judge East Keilor's prospects on that result you are kidding yourself. We should have knocked off Mansfield and we played with four key defenders, our full forward and ruckman missing.
I'm sure they had outs as well but as we all know, practice matches are a very rough guide. Having said that the Mansfield -Mooroolbark game was a high quality one and a joy to watch.
GO the Barkers!!

It seems you guys are making sure everybody knows that you had a few out, on the EFL Forum as well. Bit worried about what others think are we? Mate your a Third Division Club, do you think you would really be competititve in a league like the GV with your four of this and 3 of that back in the side. Mansfield more thank likely had a few out and guess what so did East Keilor. I think your the one who needs to not get ahead of yourself.

Hope someone from mansfield hit that number 33 bloke with acne. Hit one of EK's blokes then got hit and ran to the umpire pointing at his head........:eek:

HI Echucaboy.

I don't usually get overly excited by praccy match results but I was annoyed by a number of comments made by east Keilor players during the game. My son played at full back when he is usually half back. Your big recruit from Donvale immediately began telling him how shithouse Mooroolbark were and how bad they must be to be in Third Division.

My son suggested that this was a reflection on East Keilor who has apparently recruited a number of gun ex players and yet halfway through the third term were ten points up against a depleted bottom of third division Mooroolbark! I agree.

You were the one who labelled my club shithouse and yes I did take offense. I think our result against a quality side like Mansfield (with or without all its players) vindicated me. I think Mansfield would comfortably defeat East Keilor on any day of the week. Dare I suggest a full strength Mooroolbark might just do the same?

Perhaps that says more about the relative standards of the EDFL and EFL than you boys would like to admit.

P.S. We did beat you comfortably last year Echucaboy-short memory? I didn't bag your team afterwards either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard a rumour that a few new rules are to be trialled in a couple of leagues this year including the GV.
One of the new rule involves players being red carded, the player red carded cannot return to the ground but can be replaced after 30 minutes.
Also suspended sentences are likely to be available for the tribunal to hand out rather than instant penalties being the only option.
Any thoughts ?????

Heard on the grapevine today that rod van riet maybe not be heading to melbourne to play and is considering staying at seymour for one more year to see if they cant win another flag, can anyone confirm this

HI Echucaboy.

I don't usually get overly excited by praccy match results but I was annoyed by a number of comments made by east Keilor players during the game. My son played at full back when he is usually half back. Your big recruit from Donvale immediately began telling him how shithouse Mooroolbark were and how bad they must be to be in Third Division.

My son suggested that this was a reflection on East Keilor who has apparently recruited a number of gun ex players and yet halfway through the third term were ten points up against a depleted bottom of third division Mooroolbark! I agree.

You were the one who labelled my club shithouse and yes I did take offense. I think our result against a quality side like Mansfield (with or without all its players) vindicated me. I think Mansfield would comfortably defeat East Keilor on any day of the week. Dare I suggest a full strength Mooroolbark might just do the same?

Perhaps that says more about the relative standards of the EDFL and EFL than you boys would like to admit.

P.S. We did beat you comfortably last year Echucaboy-short memory? I didn't bag your team afterwards either.

So Basically in a round a bout sort of way practice matches mean nothing and this will never be solved........I think if EK was at "full strength" and not depleted also, it would of made a bit of a difference as well?

I see in the Sheep News today that the Swans have signed another 3 players from the Northern Territory all with very good credentials.
Alot of people on here last week bagging Kyabrams recruiting ways, but I would suggest that out of Ky's list there would be less than 5 players who didn't play juniors at the club.
Uwishuwereme, how many players at the swans this year in the ones have come through the junior system at Princess Park.

Uwishuwereme, how many players at the swans this year in the ones have come through the junior system at Princess Park.[/quote]

I dont think that can answered as junior footy setup in Shepp is different to Ky. You can ask how many have come out of SDJFL to play for the Swans but some of the junior clubs dont have senior clubs. Anyone confirm as I think this is right?
I get the point you are asking about how many are deemed to be locals. In a points system how many would NT players be worth? 2 or 3?

Uwishuwereme, how many players at the swans this year in the ones have come through the junior system at Princess Park.

I dont think that can answered as junior footy setup in Shepp is different to Ky. You can ask how many have come out of SDJFL to play for the Swans but some of the junior clubs dont have senior clubs. Anyone confirm as I think this is right?
I get the point you are asking about how many are deemed to be locals. In a points system how many would NT players be worth? 2 or 3?[/quote]

I would say 3 as NT is deemed as a state league I think. I'll re phrase the question than. How many are from Shepp.

I see in the Sheep News today that the Swans have signed another 3 players from the Northern Territory all with very good credentials.
Alot of people on here last week bagging Kyabrams recruiting ways, but I would suggest that out of Ky's list there would be less than 5 players who didn't play juniors at the club.

Probably the same as seymour at a guess! Half our side?

i agree in promoting juniors through to play senior football, although semour tought us a lesson last year, we had a couple of juniors play in our grand final that were just not good enough to play at that level!

We had a very good 18 players, were as seymour had a very good 22!

I get the point you are asking about how many are deemed to be locals. In a points system how many would NT players be worth? 2 or 3?

I would say 3 as NT is deemed as a state league I think. I'll re phrase the question than. How many are from Shepp.[/quote]

And how many of these recruits are playing there 3rd and 4 season with the club and will probably play alot more!

Good things about building footballers from juniors through to seniors is you usually get a decent player who wouldn't take as coin as a melbourne based player, and you also get the family coming to watch and get involved in the club.

Who would have the biggest following/supporter base in the GV?

Good things about building footballers from juniors through to seniors is you usually get a decent player who wouldn't take as coin as a melbourne based player, and you also get the family coming to watch and get involved in the club.

Who would have the biggest following/supporter base in the GV?
Might be the problem there. Because their local players the clubs dont offer the coin. And theres always a club prepared to offer the coin for a good player. Seems to be the way it is, clubs are prepared to pay outsiders and expect the locals to play without the coin. Of course most players are going to take the coin on offer. The country is a hard place to keep the local kids playing. Work, money, school all working against the country town.

Might be the problem there. Because their local players the clubs dont offer the coin. And theres always a club prepared to offer the coin for a good player. Seems to be the way it is, clubs are prepared to pay outsiders and expect the locals to play without the coin. Of course most players are going to take the coin on offer. The country is a hard place to keep the local kids playing. Work, money, school all working against the country town.

This is a historic moment-You are making sense and I have to agree with you C-D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad