Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

ECHUCABOY said:
All Hail the Shepp News they made Deledio go in the top 5 and got him sponsorship. Absolutley kidding yourself, there are that many scouts out there and that much backround work done these days.

I guess. All the press in the world didn't help Ryan Jackson in the end did it.
Anyway, we're getting away from the original subject; the amount of coverage Deledio gets in the Shepp News.
Remember, if you don't like it you don't have to read it.

ilovetogetblind said:
haha Tank would play on ball out there.. or maybe even half back flank where he would still kick a few each game

He keeps quiet about it, but that could be the case seeing as he is destined to reach 400 games next season!!

Wonder how many of these big Seymour/Euroa reqruits will reach the same feat
About the same amount as Rochy's big recruits over the years. John McNamara, Gavin Excell, Jamie Dursma, Brad Sparks etc.

Stop kidding yourself that Rochy's the only club to have never recruited big name players to the club.

You know how it goes - Let he who is without sin cast the first stone or something like that.

Grandale said:
Mate, this is the most boring and repetitive topic that has been discussed since I've been posting (Since Sept last year).
Sorry to be short with you, but if you're interested in what GV fans think of spending and the like scroll back through the pages. I sure as hell hope we don't waste another couple of weeks going over old ground - and hearing the same arguments - that was covered months ago.

And for those that care, Seymour has praccy games against Seddon (Jago's mob), Bundoora, Northcote Park and East Burwood.

I agree with Grandale. I'm sick of all the talk about money. Here's something to think about before we start going over old ground:-

- Good dollars brings good players
- Good players bring a good standard to our league
- A good standard brings good crowds
- Good crowds bring good gate takings
- Good gate takings brings good revenue to the clubs
- Good revenue lets clubs retain the good players (or get more of them)

...and so the circle of life continues.

If the money situation doesn't sit well with you, then I suggest you start following some crap league way up in the sticks. If you're lucky, you may find one or two blokes in their league who have any idea how to play.

The Cat said:
I agree with Grandale. I'm sick of all the talk about money. Here's something to think about before we start going over old ground:-

If the money situation doesn't sit well with you, then I suggest you start following some crap league way up in the sticks. If you're lucky, you may find one or two blokes in their league who have any idea how to play."

Thats correct,but too many of these "blow ins" know that theyre only in town for a season or two so they absolutely rape the clubs.Generalising they also;Dont train in melb
Play ,shower,pay envelope, home.
When they stay overnight,they either muck up or cheat on their teammates missuses as they have no respect for the local culture
Paypacket is generally same size as ego
Have many bad debts towards the end of the season
Bring unruly "drinking buddies" up in the car with them
Big mouth about their wages,causing player unrest amongst club doyens.

These are some negatives,i know the positives,how bout some comment or examples of this type of side effect of the "gun recruit"[/quote]

TuskenRaider said:
About the same amount as Rochy's big recruits over the years. John McNamara, Gavin Excell, Jamie Dursma, Brad Sparks etc.

Stop kidding yourself that Rochy's the only club to have never recruited big name players to the club.

You know how it goes - Let he who is without sin cast the first stone or something like that.

Tusken - take it easy. was a cheap shot I know.... not warranted.
You are correct in coming back with the Johnny Mac call.

Was more just praising Tank as he approaches 400 games.

I also agree, can we please not start talking about the effects of big spending clubs again. What will happen will happen.

Heard from a source that andrew palmers wife has been spotted at lbu netball training. he must be pretty close to being signed! Good player.

Hotdog Vendor said:
Heard from a source that andrew palmers wife has been spotted at lbu netball training. he must be pretty close to being signed! Good player.

could be true, however she is spitting out another baby later this year so doubt that will be a factor

Kick It To Me!! said:
Thats correct,but too many of these "blow ins" know that theyre only in town for a season or two so they absolutely rape the clubs.Generalising they also;Dont train in melb
Play ,shower,pay envelope, home.
When they stay overnight,they either muck up or cheat on their teammates missuses as they have no respect for the local culture
Paypacket is generally same size as ego
Have many bad debts towards the end of the season
Bring unruly "drinking buddies" up in the car with them
Big mouth about their wages,causing player unrest amongst club doyens.

These are some negatives,i know the positives,how bout some comment or examples of this type of side effect of the "gun recruit"
[/QUOTE]

Are you for real mate?? that is the worst post ever. "Unruly drinking buddies" ??? What the?? How old are you - you sound like some old fogie having a winge because someone turned the music up too loud. Suprised you didnt put something in there about them having haircuts that scare small children, and cause a loss of sponsorship dollars.. :eek:

I can personally say all our recruits have been great for our club, train sollidly in melbourne both pre-season and in-season, attend nearly every function (even out of season), havent caused any trouble, and havent r o o ted anyones missus..

If this is true of your club (which I highly doubt) they deserve it for recruiting absolute f u c kwits. I'm guessing you're just bitter because you are ugly and one of your team mates has picked up some netballer who you've been stalking since high school...

HAVING SAID THAT, some players do just take their cash and run, and stick around for only a season, but as I said I think that can be the clubs fault just as much as the player for not recruiting well IMO...

ilovetogetblind said:
Tusken - take it easy. was a cheap shot I know.... not warranted.
You are correct in coming back with the Johnny Mac call.

Was more just praising Tank as he approaches 400 games.

I also agree, can we please not start talking about the effects of big spending clubs again. What will happen will happen.
No worries, it's a top effort of Tank McPhee's to play so many games at the one club. Very good player.

I'm taking it fairly easy, it's just that sometimes people have short memories.

That Kick it to me nuffy has posted his "unruly drunk mates" comment garbage in other Country footy threads, one lot of crap is enough thanks mate, I don't need to read it wherevea I look!

The Cat said:

If the money situation doesn't sit well with you, then I suggest you start following some crap league way up in the sticks. If you're lucky, you may find one or two blokes in their league who have any idea how to play.
if the goulburn valley fl only played there locals the league would be putrid. you need highly paid imports to keep the league strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kingfooty said:
if the goulburn valley fl only played there locals the league would be putrid. you need highly paid imports to keep the league strong.
It would hardly be putrid. But of course the imported players do elevate the standard of the league and keep it strong and more attractive to watch.

Are you for real mate?? that is the worst post ever. "Unruly drinking buddies" ??? What the?? How old are you - you sound like some old fogie having a winge because someone turned the music up too loud. Suprised you didnt put something in there about them having haircuts that scare small children, and cause a loss of sponsorship dollars.. :eek:

I can personally say all our recruits have been great for our club, train sollidly in melbourne both pre-season and in-season, attend nearly every function (even out of season), havent caused any trouble, and havent r o o ted anyones missus..

If this is true of your club (which I highly doubt) they deserve it for recruiting absolute f u c kwits. I'm guessing you're just bitter because you are ugly and one of your team mates has picked up some netballer who you've been stalking since high school...

HAVING SAID THAT, some players do just take their cash and run, and stick around for only a season, but as I said I think that can be the clubs fault just as much as the player for not recruiting well IMO...[/QUOTE]this happened to me when i was playing footy up the bush. i really embraced the club and tried to root as many chicks as i could in the year i was there. it was excellent because if the heat was on i could always sneak back to melb.

HAVING SAID THAT, some players do just take their cash and run, and stick around for only a season, but as I said I think that can be the clubs fault just as much as the player for not recruiting well IMO...[/QUOTE]

this happened to me when i was playing footy up the bush. i really embraced the club and tried to root as many chicks as i could in the year i was there. it was excellent because if the heat was on i could always sneak back to melb.

Which club do you play(probably support) for a.k.a-the altar boys 18?You make it sound like your club and recruits should be knighted!! Youre probably one of those blokes that hang around a club that everyone tries to avoid,trying that little bit too hard to fit in by doing the mundane tasks that only a loser like yourself would do.At least now i know that you are the wisden of all things vcfl.And i will make sure to get you to proofread any future posts,just so the content suits ,coz its not a democracy ,is it?

Kick It To Me!! said:
Which club do you play(probably support) for a.k.a-the altar boys 18?You make it sound like your club and recruits should be knighted!! Youre probably one of those blokes that hang around a club that everyone tries to avoid,trying that little bit too hard to fit in by doing the mundane tasks that only a loser like yourself would do.At least now i know that you are the wisden of all things vcfl.And i will make sure to get you to proofread any future posts,just so the content suits ,coz its not a democracy ,is it?

Your an idiot mate, not at any stage did A.K.A say his club were Altar Boys, I doubt many of them would even attend church.......but seriously all he said was that the ridiculous stuff that you think happens to a Club because recruits wasn't the case at his Club.

You have got no idea what his football backround is, or who he is, so for you to have a dig at him is completly unjustified. Why dont you think about what you type before you type it, hows that for an idea??

Or you could just concentrate on typing a statement out then posting the same stupid statement in a number of boards so everyone can laugh at how stupid it is, because you seem to be overly talented in that area.

What team do you follow in the GVFL mate, could you name some of the recruits that teams have in the GVFL and while your at it can you name the ones that give the Club a bad name by doing the things you mentioned previously.

You my friend, are a nuffy.

It is now certain that KITM is a pothole( borrowed from another thread)EVERYONE SHOULD TRY AND AVOID HIM! Echucaboy calling him a nuffy would be a compliment to this dimwit. Perhaps he should head off to the skate park with his bogan mates as he has no idea about football!

BOYCOTT THIS FOOL NOW!

well echuca boy ,sorry to upset your boy buddy!Unfortunately for you blokes,as well as my poo shoot,i also have an opinion.......if thats ok??You are confirming what many think about echuca-ites;egos the size of the murray paddlesteamer.Watching echuca was like playing against all the bighead teams(eg southport,st marys,and perhaps hawthorns blond boy band brigade)chests stuck out like cocksparrows,regardless of score.Hey ,i might even look at your history,and see what pearls of wisdom youve pulled out.Id consider a nuffy to be someone whos from a town that gets the shakes when anyone who hasnt lived in the area for more than 10 years has the temerity to buy a pot at the local pub......

Kick It To Me!! said:
well echuca boy ,sorry to upset your boy buddy!Unfortunately for you blokes,as well as my poo shoot,i also have an opinion.......if thats ok??You are confirming what many think about echuca-ites;egos the size of the murray paddlesteamer.Watching echuca was like playing against all the bighead teams(eg southport,st marys,and perhaps hawthorns blond boy band brigade)chests stuck out like cocksparrows,regardless of score.Hey ,i might even look at your history,and see what pearls of wisdom youve pulled out.Id consider a nuffy to be someone whos from a town that gets the shakes when anyone who hasnt lived in the area for more than 10 years has the temerity to buy a pot at the local pub......

Sounds like not many people like you mate and I can see why. I think you've mistaken Echuca for Shepparton who do all the things mentioned above.

Considering Echuca is a tourist town I doubt that people who aren't from the area, would get stared down. Maybe just people who carry themselves the way you do get stared down, anyway mate you don't have too many friends sticking up for you on here, and don't give me the "Oh can't I have an opinion crap, because you are talking out your bum and finding something derogotary to say about any person who disagrees with you.

ilovetogetblind said:
could be true, however she is spitting out another baby later this year so doubt that will be a factor
How is rochy looking mate. When do you guys play in that bendigo pre season cup? wouldn't mind coming to watch !

ECHUCABOY said:
Sounds like not many people like you mate and I can see why. I think you've mistaken Echuca for Shepparton who do all the things mentioned above.

Considering Echuca is a tourist town I doubt that people who aren't from the area, would get stared down. Maybe just people who carry themselves the way you do get stared down, anyway mate you don't have too many friends sticking up for you on here, and don't give me the "Oh can't I have an opinion crap, because you are talking out your bum and finding something derogotary to say about any person who disagrees with you.

Ok,ok echuca boy,settle down. Go to the top of the old mill nightclub,sit on your millers shirt and remove that hook out of your mouth and throw it into the river.Pass ringo1 and aka a woodstock,will you?

I'm looking for some information about Nathan Bell, he played for Shepp Swans last year. Both as a player and a bloke would be good, would he be a suitable assistant coach?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad