Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Flat Track Bully said:
The $64,000 question is....what will S.Peterson of Seymourt do with his $500 courtesy of TFS and Wizard.

Also, whose call was that of the mark...it didn't sound like One FM.

Good on ya FBP :thumbsu:

Flat Track Bully said:
The $64,000 question is....what will S.Peterson of Seymourt do with his $500 courtesy of TFS and Wizard.

Also, whose call was that of the mark...it didn't sound like One FM.

The chubby one should keep it. Over the past two years he has done a brilliant job taping Seymour games and putting highlights packages together for no financial gain, so it's good to see him get a little reward.
Shame to see Saad's mark pipped though. And if I'm not mistaken it was by kinfolk of a bluddy Seymour recruit in B Colbert!!!

Whats the story with Patty Rattray? Saw he played at Seymour n Saturday when Bendigo went to North Ballarat . . . I take it he's back at King's Park.

Lions all fired up
March 29 2006
Seymour Telegraph

The first term saw Seymour kick six goals to one with the Simon Gordon and Saad Saad double act again looking prominent.

Robbie Douglas was good in defence, while Brent Colbert looked handy in the midfield and across half forward.

Peter King played four good quarters in defence and Mark Pilling looked like he might be the answer at centre half forward.

Jeff Anderson was able to come up the ground and play away from his customary defensive post, and he further stretched the Northcote Park backs in booting three goals.

Shane Schottner played this week, allowing him to have a good workout and to continue to nurse Ben Bailey through the pre-season to be ready for round one.

Bernie Haberman and Joe Amad also worked well through the midfield, with more than 20 touches each.

Final scores: Seymour 23.11.149 d Northcote Park 8.8.56.

Goals; Seymour: Simon Gordon 5; Saad Saad 4; Mark Pilling and Jeff Anderson 3; Rod Van Reit, Jake Anderson, Bernie Haberman, Gerard Liddell, Ben Davey, Patty Rattray, Robbie Inness and Joe Amad.

Seymour travel to East Burwood for their final practice match before having a week off and then playing Euroa at Euroa on April 15.

Grandale said:
The chubby one should keep it. Over the past two years he has done a brilliant job taping Seymour games and putting highlights packages together for no financial gain, so it's good to see him get a little reward.
Shame to see Saad's mark pipped though. And if I'm not mistaken it was by kinfolk of a bluddy Seymour recruit in B Colbert!!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, i only seen the tail end of the segment but wasnt it only up against a goal umpire getting hit in the head and a kid falling on his head after a mark.?

If this is the case how could it not have won.?

thats right you only seen the tail end if you had off seen the kid falling on his head it was funny ********.... that footage did no real justice to the size of the grab on the day it was proberly the best mark of his all yr..cheers

Does anyone know if the new AFL rules, especially the kick out rule (whatever it is called!!) before the flag is waved will be incorporated into the GVFL, local and junior footy leagues?

Chance said:
Does anyone know if the new AFL rules, especially the kick out rule (whatever it is called!!) before the flag is waved will be incorporated into the GVFL, local and junior footy leagues?

I know it isn't being implemented in the KDL, so I imagine it probably won't come into the GV or junior leagues, either. Same goes for the 30 second shot clock rule..Too hard to police for local umpires..

I see that Echuca United have poached a few players off Echuca in the past few weeks. This seems to me a common occurance, with lower league clubs having more money than GVFL clubs to buy players. I find it very surprising that players would leave arguably the most powerful and strongest league outside the VFL to go and play with a much more lesser league such as the MFL. But then again money will do that to players! It really does show the real character of some people!

I see that Echuca have let some players go to Echuca United in the past few weeks. Not by choice but because they cannot afford to pay what United pay. I find it amazing that players would leave a powerful club in the strongest league to play with a lower club in a lesser league! But money will do that to some players but it does show the real character of some blokes! No loyalty in footbal anymore. . .

Doozy_Man said:
I see that Echuca have let some players go to Echuca United in the past few weeks. Not by choice but because they cannot afford to pay what United pay. I find it amazing that players would leave a powerful club in the strongest league to play with a lower club in a lesser league! But money will do that to some players but it does show the real character of some blokes! No loyalty in footbal anymore. . .

Sorry bout both replies, bloody internet server!

Doozy_Man said:
Generally speaking, the guys who drop down a league are those that we probably classify as fringe players and float between seniors and seconds throughout the year. As a result, it's not easy retaining these players as they can drop down a league and become a regular senior player and possibly earn a bit of cash as well.

You could argue that this is being disloyal, but I think the club also has some responsibility to talk to these 'fringe' guys about what chance they are of playing regular senior footy. If there's only a minimal chance, then potentially the club is only using them - which is no better or worse than being disloyal IMO.

T.Perry said:
I know it isn't being implemented in the KDL, so I imagine it probably won't come into the GV or junior leagues, either. Same goes for the 30 second shot clock rule..Too hard to police for local umpires..
I could be wrong, but I can't remember any rules that the AFL have implemented that weren't used at lower level leagues. Other than bench sizes and time on rules, they usually absorb the changes too. I suppose though if the KDFL or any league decides not to use a rule like the kick in rule, it'd be easy to keep it as it was.

I'm pretty sure the GVFL are taking on the rules, the kick in one anyway. The 30 second shot rule, that's just up to the umpires to hurry up the kicker anyway, I'm sure they can use it too.

Back to the first paragraph (to semi-contradict myself),I think the VFL are introducing a rule where a backwards kick isn't awarded a mark, like in the NAB Cup rules (outside of the forward 50).

Doozy_Man said:

What you've said happens at all levels of footy. I'm sure VFL clubs say the same thing about players that are on the cusp of senior selection but have made the decision to play GV, O&M for among other factors, better money, more recognition and enjoyment.

Blokes like Adam Reid, Jansz, Jackson, Sage (and the other 50 ex VFL players in the GV) could be on VFL lists and would probably play a dozen senior games each year but I reckon they got sick of being in one week and out the next. The blokes at Echuca are probably feeling the same way but it's just at another level down. Murray League clubs will feel the same sense of bewilderment Doozy Man feels if they lost players to Picola League of KDFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TuskenRaider said:
I could be wrong, but I can't remember any rules that the AFL have implemented that weren't used at lower level leagues. Other than bench sizes and time on rules, they usually absorb the changes too. I suppose though if the KDFL or any league decides not to use a rule like the kick in rule, it'd be easy to keep it as it was.

I'm pretty sure the GVFL are taking on the rules, the kick in one anyway. The 30 second shot rule, that's just up to the umpires to hurry up the kicker anyway, I'm sure they can use it too.

Back to the first paragraph (to semi-contradict myself),I think the VFL are introducing a rule where a backwards kick isn't awarded a mark, like in the NAB Cup rules (outside of the forward 50).

All country umpires groups have received the new rules on DVD's. They all use the same AFL rule book( obviously some supporters doubt it!!) so the new rules are in. The new 30 second rule for forwards doesn't really apply for most players as they kick it fairly quickly. The only player who is fairly slow is Perry Meka and he doesn't do bull ******** things like throw up grass so unless they tie up shoelaces they will be fine.

Went and watched Euroa play yesterday and was pretty disapointed with the way they went about it . Watching Clarke in the ruck for the first time, trying to block out all the things people have said about him on big footy [ hes soft and overated ]I am now after yesterday worried it might be true, but first game and i hope he will get better. Gilliland played onball and was i think Euroas best player, Hilton for those people that think he wont deliver was very good early acrooss halfback and looked in not bad shape . Sage was okay, Grainger and bamford did not kick a goal and i think grainger had 2 touches for the game. They looked half hearted and as if they didnt want to be out there. Janz played at CHB all day , and looked very slow and off the pace [ why he was left there i dont know can kick goals ] with Gibson , shelton, both Claytons and Lamaro out, and it was only a practice match im hoping the magpies will come good ??? Why do i care ? Because i have $1,000 dollars on them to win the B L O O D Y flag .

Yarrawonga 15 .3 Euroa 4.8

being the best league outside vfl and all , then why are all the gv teams getting pumped by the efl and o & m teams. thats right the gv teams only play their kids dont they? I think it is called head up your arse syndrome. the gv is a top league but i seem to think that you are getting a bit carried away with the standard. you should stop spruiking and let the football do the talking.

kingfooty said:
being the best league outside vfl and all , then why are all the gv teams getting pumped by the efl and o & m teams. thats right the gv teams only play their kids dont they? I think it is called head up your arse syndrome. the gv is a top league but i seem to think that you are getting a bit carried away with the standard. you should stop spruiking and let the football do the talking.

Seymour got beat yeterday too by 2 pts . The game was played at East Burwood , and the lions struggled on the small ground. Did have a number of players missing , but one that did play and was the best player on the ground was P Scanlon.

kingfooty said:

The lions didnt play any kids Kingfooty, they just found it a little hard on a ground half the size as Mansfields.

No Heart said:
Seymour got beat yeterday too by 2 pts . The game was played at East Burwood , and the lions struggled on the small ground. Did have a number of players missing , but one that did play and was the best player on the ground was P Scanlon.
Reading the football 2006 msg that comes out with the shepp news each week now, i didnt see paul scanlons name in seymour Recruits, how long has he been with the club for? and how are all the recruits going to date, brent colbert, jake anderson, simon gordon, and paul scanlons??? u seem to know abit about seymour no heart could u tell me how these boys have been going threw out there pre season matches??? cheers...

Kingfooty ******** off back to the Dvfl mate.... watched seymour play yesterday and the ground size was the main factor they lost and then the other reason was east burwood 2 quater flood when there up by six goals..pathetic way to coach in a pracc match... seymour showed more class once they adjusted to the ground..... interesting to see euroa get beaten...wouldnt read to much into that...

any othergv results from praccy matchs...

Doncaster defeated Mooropna by 9 pts, in a tight tussle.
Both sides clearly had players out, but some of the younger guys that played would have benefited for the experience.

From what I could see Mooroopna have got some good younger types, but to be honest don't know much about them. The 2 I know of...........Besty showed his usual touches of class, hopefully will miss Melbourne alot & return to the Sharks next season (is a big loss). Derek Hall, picked up plenty of it but did play a 'quarter back' role & was unaccountable at times. Still when he got it did used it quite well, typical experienced guile used ........... & was on the end of a huge bruising bump, but to his credit did get up immediately.

Still a good effort by a 2nd Division EFL outfit.
A guy many of you would be familar Luke Parker was valuable around the ground, with another from your way Nick Miller improving with each hitout.
The Sharks will be happy with the result given close to half of the team are only having their 2nd hit-out together.

Interesting alteration at half time that spilled over the fence but wasn't really that much in it in the end with a player from each side carded (Derek Hall & Josh Lumechesi)........... just a few boys just bonding. Although the actions of one spectator left a bit to be desired.

BYSTANDER said:
Kingfooty my point is you have posted on here and the edfl site and done nothing but pump your own tyre up mate, this site has seen and dealt with hit and run artsit like you before, we get on here to talk GV footy, if you want to talk gv footy thats fine but unless your as knowlegable as gv as u are on DV dont make up crap... as previously posted both leagues are different for all different reasons and cant be compared truely unless they have a true game against each other... practise matchs dont count, mean nothing, put 4 points up for grabs and see who comes to the top... then this arguement will be over.

you might want to duck down to see seymour play east burwood at east burwood, it will be interesting to see how they go on a smaller ground against quality opposition.no doubt ull post next week saying east burwood are **** as well.. at the end of the day you sound like a passionate supporter but talk footy not crap
east burwood will be lucky to make the finals and you were beaten. so what is the excuse? everyone has stated that they struggled on the small ground. just what i have been saying all along bystander. keep reading my posts and you will learn a bit about football.

Kingfooty what is your footy resume... enlighten us all of your abilities and credentials...

Seymour would of won by 15plus goal is it had of been at the home... purely took to long to adjust to the ground..plus it was a praccy match and who cares of the results..except for u...cause thats all you go by...

round 1 in 2 weeks mate..thats the real stuff... but please tell us all your resume and credentials i look forward to your post

Having been to East Burwood Reserve a couple of times in the last 2 seasons, including 2004 division 2 finals, it isn't that small of a ground, while their are bigger grounds, there certainly are smaller ones & i'd say the ground size is normal, definently not small as your saying.

Agree there Musile, no doubt there is smaller ...but compared to gv ground would only compare to that of Mansfields...Im not a saying east burwood didnt deserve the win but seymour just didnt adjust...and when they did they came home strong but east burwood flooded and on a smallish ground it was not condition seymour were use to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad