Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

BYSTANDER said:
Agree there Musile, no doubt there is smaller ...but compared to gv ground would only compare to that of Mansfields...Im not a saying east burwood didnt deserve the win but seymour just didnt adjust...and when they did they came home strong but east burwood flooded and on a smallish ground it was not condition seymour were use to....
ok, fair enough

PUP16 said:
Reading the football 2006 msg that comes out with the shepp news each week now, i didnt see paul scanlons name in seymour Recruits, how long has he been with the club for? and how are all the recruits going to date, brent colbert, jake anderson, simon gordon, and paul scanlons??? u seem to know abit about seymour no heart could u tell me how these boys have been going threw out there pre season matches??? cheers...

I hear that Seymore are so damn good that the AFL are going to offer them the opertunity to relocate to the Gold Coast with their current side and play in the AFL out of Carrara.

joshooaa said:
I hear that Seymore are so damn good that the AFL are going to offer them the opertunity to relocate to the Gold Coast with their current side and play in the AFL out of Carrara.

Seymour. Pardon me.

kingfooty said:
east burwood will be lucky to make the finals and you were beaten. so what is the excuse? everyone has stated that they struggled on the small ground. just what i have been saying all along bystander. keep reading my posts and you will learn a bit about football.

Kingfooty, Kingfooty, Just to clear a few things up , lets have a look at why the Ovens and Murry and GVFL Leagues are rated the best out of the VFL and AFL . Based on three criterias , 1. The ground sizes are just like that played at the highest level the VFL and AFL . [ Every ground ] 2. Media , it is all over the tv,its on the news in prime time, all over the major news papers and all over the radio threw out country victoria. [ Local leagues in Melbourne get jack ******** ] 3.Standard , To play on big grounds you have to recruit fast skillfull players that run , can hit targets , and play to near the standard of the VFL .[Same style game plans ]
If we want to get fairdinkum Kingfooty , games should be judged on big
grounds like the VFL AFL. Seymour played East Burwood last year when East
had a better side than this year and won by 15 goals, played Bundoora and Northcote Park , Montmerency and beat them all by 15 to 20 goals.
If you want to talk your league up play on grounds that are like the big
boys , not little cow pads that there is no space to move to show your class and skill .Yes tough football is the DVFL ,EFL because its all in close, and alot more physical, bring the bulldogs to East Burwood Kingpoof and see if they can get there game plan going , but put the bulldogs on the dome a propper football ground and good night boys?

No Heart said:
Kingfooty, Kingfooty, Just to clear a few things up , lets have a look at why the Ovens and Murry and GVFL Leagues are rated the best out of the VFL and AFL . Based on three criterias , 1. The ground sizes are just like that played at the highest level the VFL and AFL . [ Every ground ] 2. Media , it is all over the tv,its on the news in prime time, all over the major news papers and all over the radio threw out country victoria. [ Local leagues in Melbourne get jack ******** ] 3.Standard , To play on big grounds you have to recruit fast skillfull players that run , can hit targets , and play to near the standard of the VFL .[Same style game plans ]
had a better side than this year and won by 15 goals, played Bundoora and Northcote Park , Montmerency and beat them all by 15 to 20 goals.
boys , not little cow pads that there is no space to move to show your class and skill .Yes tough football is the DVFL ,EFL because its all in close, and alot more physical, bring the bulldogs to East Burwood Kingpoof and see if they can get there game plan going , but put the bulldogs on the dome a propper football ground and good night boys?
all i am saying no jam is you think the gv is the best league outside vfl when a couple of other leagues have shown you up. vafa is clearly the best followed by the efl and the o&m. so get your head out of your arse and just admit that i am right. the practice games have proven that i am correct. you can say what you like but their are the facts.

No Heart said:

Well said , could not of said it better No Heart ?????????????

tige19 you seem to be in that know at tat, how did they go in there prac against the bears on the weekend? in particular how did a young fella by the name of brett scarcella go? heard he was suppose to be playing on matt byers?
Also did ryan butler play seniors and how did he go?

kingfooty said:
all i am saying no jam is you think the gv is the best league outside vfl when a couple of other leagues have shown you up. vafa is clearly the best followed by the efl and the o&m. so get your head out of your arse and just admit that i am right. the practice games have proven that i am correct. you can say what you like but their are the facts.

No your right Kingfooty , you are simply the best, just taken my head out of my arse and I am sorry for totally getting it wrong.? I have no idea .

No Heart said:
No your right Kingfooty , you are simply the best, just taken my head out of my arse and I am sorry for totally getting it wrong.? I have no idea .
thats ok no jam. i am only here to help.

kingfooty said:

Kingfooty you are just the best, who do you play for, you must be a gun?

Duff Man said:
Kingfooty you are just the best, who do you play for, you must be a gun?
the 3 answers to your questions are I know, used to play for a few different teams and leagues, i am.

kingfooty said:
thats ok no jam. i am only here to help.

Kingfooty how can we make the GVFL as good as your comp? Even though we won the title last year, we are simply not up to scratch by your standards, Please help us all out here on the GVFL web site. Could you coach our rep side this year ??????????????????????

No Heart said:
Kingfooty how can we make the GVFL as good as your comp? Even though we won the title last year, we are simply not up to scratch by your standards, Please help us all out here on the GVFL web site. Could you coach our rep side this year ??????????????????????
at the moment the gv is better than my comp but if i did coach the gv i would not be saying stupid things like the gv being clearly the best league outside of the vfl when it is not. that statement should not have been said when it is not true. before you bring up being country champions that doesnt mean anything because the vafa have to field a side against the whole of vic country and the results are about even. vafa are easily the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what can you guys tell me about Rochester? my footy club (Lower Plenty) plays up there this coming weekend. how did they go in 05, how will they go in 06 and whats their ground like?

mitch_fc said:
what can you guys tell me about Rochester? my footy club (Lower Plenty) plays up there this coming weekend. how did they go in 05, how will they go in 06 and whats their ground like?
get ready to get your arse pumped mitch.

Kingfooty, i have been following ur inlightened chat and noticed u still haven't told us any of ur credentials, so what have you been up to?

Also the vafa isnt the best league outside of the vfl. I have played their and it dosen't have the depth of the o&m or the gv. Yes they do have a good 5-8 stars in every team but then it drops away. Another thing is the rep game the blokes from the country don't seam to want to play where as the VAFA blokes love the oppurtunity thats why they have a good side, which has actually been beaten the last couple of yrs and was only saved from great embaressment last yr by joel rice.

kingfooty said:
get ready to get your arse pumped mitch.
i probably won't be playing as i have injured my cocsix (coxsic, cocksic, arse) bone... which is quite ironic i guess..

i reckon we'll go ok.

Firstly:
Mitch, Rochester will pump your side Lower Plenty.

Pretty sure Kingfooty is with Heidelberg in the Diamond Valley FL.

mitch_fc said:

10-15 goals Rochy's way easily Im tipping

Doona2 said:
10-15 goals Rochy's way easily Im tipping
because it is at rochy i will say 20 goals but if it was at lower i would say only 10 sausages.

No Heart said:
1. Just cos you play on bigger grounds doesn't mean the footys better, shouldn't a good team be able to play under any conditions not just on big grounds????

2. Thats excellent that you have such great media coverage but i don't see how media coverage make the standard in one league better then another league. May hype up a league though???

3. Agree to play on big grounds you need fast & skillful players.

Now i follow a team in Eastern FL (Not East Burwood), & you say we cant talk our league up till we have all teams play on big grounds, i think you should come into the real world. Eastern FL would be just as good as GVFL.

Just cos some teams play on smaller grounds doesn't mean the quality of football is any worse, yes it will probably be more physical on smaller grounds (not that i think East Burwood is a small gorund). Is that why Seymour lost? couldnt handle the physical pressure?

Now finally you say you have beaten East Burwood (last year), Montmorency, Bundoora, Northcote Park etc. all ok clubs in their competitions. Vermont have beaten the equivilant sides including a 99 point thumping of East Burwood last season & that wasn't a praccy game. So if you really want to brag about your team/competition take on Vermont or even Noble Park & see how good you really are.

had a squizz at the Lightening premiership in Bendigo on Saturday. Rochy and Echuca won thru to the semi finals as expected. With Rochy going on to beat South Bendigo in the final.

The most impressive part of Rochy's game was their half back line with Pappin, Bowen and Smidt. Bowen in particular very good with his skills off half back. Pappin reads the play pretty well.

Echuca were an interesting one. Butts and X Campbell (Durie didnt play) dominated in the middle in all their games. Jamus Campbell was pretty good up half forward along with J Maddox. Probably the most disappointing was boom recruit Steven White. He's a monster of a man but looked slow at some stages and struggled to play infront of his opponant who looked about 2 ft smaller than him.. Hopefully for Echuca he will get better - early stages I suppose.

Wondering if there were any injuries to report from the weekends practice matches. Heard that one of Tat's new recruits may have got a punctured lung, but wasn't given any names. Maybe tige19 could clarify?

The O&M certainly has the bragging rights from the weekend
These are the practice match scores from The Border Mail

LAVINGTON 4.2 6.7 9.9 15.12 (102)

SHEPP UNITED 2.2 4.4 7.4 8.5 (53)

Goals: LAVINGTON: P Sanson 3, McKimmie 3, Banks 3, Stevens 3, Brown, Bahr, Brauer. SHEPP UNITED: Forys 2, Round 2, Cowman, Eddy, McLarty, Smith.

Best: LAVINGTON: Butler, Stevens, Brown, Pendergast, Banks, B. Aalbers. SHEPP UNITED: Cowman, Eddy, Gillespie, M. Barlow, Forys.

YARRAWONGA 4.5 6.7 11.11 15.13 (103)

EUROA 1.1 3.6 3.6 4.12 (36)

Goals: YARRAWONGA: Hargreaves 3, Ednie 3, Lonergan 2, Bigger 2, C. Runnalls 2, Leslie, Hammond, Church. EUROA: Hyatt 2, Tubb, Gilliland.

Best: YARRAWONGA: Wollington, Ednie, Gallagher, Furlan, Bourke, C. Runnalls, O’Bryan, Leslie, Frawley. EUROA: Clark, Stott, Watson, Sage, Hyatt.

COROWA-R’GLEN 4.0 7.4 12.4 13.7 (85)

MANSFIELD 1.2 1.3 4.5 5.8 (38)

Goals: COROWA-R’GLEN: Schmidt 3, Newman 3, Ambrose 2, O’Neill, Witherden, Joyce, J. Seymour, Woods. MANSFIELD: Hotton 2, Reynoldson 2, Walker.

Best: COROWA-R’GLEN: Kuschert, Joyce, Sibraa, Schmidt, Moffatt. MANSFIELD: Walker, Sheahan, Jones, Hotton, Reynoldson.

WODONGA RAIDERS 1.0 4.0 8.2 14.3 (87)

SHEPP SWANS 2.4 6.7 7.8 11.14 (80)

Goals: WODONGA RAIDERS: M. Thompson 3, McMartin 2, Fife 2, Edmondson 2, Cusworth 2, Doolan, Paola, Storey. SHEPP SWANS: McCarty 6, McGuinnes, Rowston, Barton, Trickey, White.

Best: WODONGA RAIDERS: Doolan, Fife, Edmondson, M. Thompson, Kahlefeldt, G. Corcoran. SHEPP SWANS: McCarty, White, Ryan, Ubergang, Montgomery,

BENALLA 3.3 6.6 10.9 14.10 (94)

WANGARATTA 1.3 4.4 4.5 8.6 (54)

Goals: BENALLA: Symes 4, Cole 2, Wright 2, Shiels, Van Sheik, Sharp, Brennan, D Symes, Rockliff, WANGARATTA: Sims 3, Hayes, Mullins, Gannon, Gamze, D. McCormick.

Best: BENALLA: Porter, Shiels, Joyce, Fahey, Cooper, Symes. WANGARATTA: D Steel, Sims, D. Porter, Gamze, Mullins, Symons.

Please gentlemen, this discussion on whose league is better is taking up far too much valuable space in this forum.
I would like to point out that comparing leagues is like comparing teams and players of different era's, one can never know how well one side would adapt to the conditions that are prevalent in another competition or another era. Is Hird better than ******** Reynolds, Shaq better than Wilt Chamberlain, Steve Waugh's Aussies than Bradman's Invincibles? No one can truly answer these questions.
I would aslo think that everyone would agree that using practice match form as a yardstick for the strength of teams and competitions is inherently fraught with danger. While the discussion of such issues is a fertile ground for lively debate, no one should be so naive as to stick their head in the sand and say that their league is the most dominant in Victoria. There will always be certain variables, money and distance for example, that will give certain competitions an advantage over others.
As long as you are happy with the standard of football that is put on display each week when you put down your hard earned dollar for entry at the gate then is there really a need to try to put one league on a pedestal over another?
Let us all just hope that the AFL continues to pump money and resources into local footy to ensure that the many great leagues and clubs around Victoria can continue to provide us all with great enjoyment, and sometimes great despair, on weekends throughout the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad