Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

roaring tiger said:
I hear that Stevie D from Seymour is a good chance to be coaching the North Ballarat Roosters next year. He is getting interviewed this week along with Darryn Cresswell the former Sydney Swan who tipped to get the Tassie Devil's top job.

Cresswell will be announced as coach of the Devils tommorow morning .. if he's not I might not have a job on Sunday.

lion's_roar said:
Cresswell will be announced as coach of the Devils tommorow morning .. if he's not I might not have a job on Sunday.

Let's hope you're on the money then mate as Im sure ya dont wanna end up back in Shepp hey :thumbsu:

Talking to a mate who is pretty close with the Heathcote board and he said they are chasing Balraj Singh to play in a 2 prong attack with Matty Waters. Offered him $700 a game as well as travel money till they get him a place in bend or somthing. would absolutely dominate HDFL, no challenge at all. Is he just looking for the coin?

Bodzy_13 said:
Talking to a mate who is pretty close with the Heathcote board and he said they are chasing Balraj Singh to play in a 2 prong attack with Matty Waters. Offered him $700 a game as well as travel money till they get him a place in bend or somthing. would absolutely dominate HDFL, no challenge at all. Is he just looking for the coin?

Sure is after the $$$ . . . with what Heathcote reportedly look like losing the ball mightnt get down there much

Bodzy_13 said:

$700 a game would would be about half the price of what big balraj is chasing.Believed to be asking for a lot more then what he was on at the cats.

a couple of strong rumours over the weekend. look out for the swans next year with 4 or 5 recruits coming over from adelaide and the current group staying. the singh rumour is getting stronger at tatura, with the coaching appointment maybe this week. bicknell a strong chance at ky. the 3 way appointment of local guys surely couldnt be true, not even minor leagues do that sort of thing. good on them for putting up the hand, but experience will prevail surely.

Interesting to hear about the three young guys from Ky putting up their hand to coach. they should be commended for their loyalty and trying to help out. But in this day and age the coach needs to have some background in coaching and also have the ability to bring players. also 3 in charge just won't work, i think you need someone who overseas the whole football dept. three young guys wouldn't have the ability to do that.
Have seen Brendan Bicknell play years ago and heard him speak at huddles and if it is him i think he could do ok. not saying he would be the saviour, but he'd do alright.

Sly Dog said:
a couple of strong rumours over the weekend. look out for the swans next year with 4 or 5 recruits coming over from adelaide and the current group staying. the singh rumour is getting stronger at tatura, with the coaching appointment maybe this week. bicknell a strong chance at ky. the 3 way appointment of local guys surely couldnt be true, not even minor leagues do that sort of thing. good on them for putting up the hand, but experience will prevail surely.
Any word on who those Adelaide boys are, or which club there from !?

rockstarr said:
FOOTYBOSS you might be able to answer this how many senior players will not be lining up for the pies next year, it sounds like there could be a few leaving.

and will Dan Thomson be lining up again next year because i know bomber is going back to play at Narrandera.
Rory Hilton, Shannon Gibson, Ash Thomson, Nathan Gilliland and Craig Marshall are definate non starters at Euroa next year, there is also a few other boys in talks with other clubs, but arent committing anywhere toa coach is named which will be in the coming week, I would say. Dan Thomson will be lining up again as far as I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roaring tiger said:
I hear that Stevie D from Seymour is a good chance to be coaching the North Ballarat Roosters next year.

From what i hear, 10 being interviewed for the job

ringo1 said:
I can assure you that I'm not Wilson and don't know him personally and as I've said I think he has potential but he is no superstar. As 4 doozyman he could be Wilson

Ha - If Wilson reads all this he will love it. There is a bit too much talk about him lately. There is bigger things to talk about.

I'm interested in who will get the coaching role at Ky?

Balraj is surely not worth that much $$$!

Whats the word on the Cats for next year, heard there could be a few players weighing up their options. Any word on the travelling guys like norman, aloi etc. Will Shauny Robbins play on or join his brother down in the Ballarat League.

ringo1 said:
Interesting to hear about the three young guys from Ky putting up their hand to coach. they should be commended for their loyalty and trying to help out. But in this day and age the coach needs to have some background in coaching and also have the ability to bring players. also 3 in charge just won't work, i think you need someone who overseas the whole football dept. three young guys wouldn't have the ability to do that.
Have seen Brendan Bicknell play years ago and heard him speak at huddles and if it is him i think he could do ok. not saying he would be the saviour, but he'd do alright.

We want to coach Ky

By Gus Underwood

October 27 2006
Kyabram Free Press

Three prominent Kyabram players want to guide the on-field fortunes of the Bombers' senior football team in 2007.
Paul Newman, Josh Finn and former skipper Paul Burnett have thrown their hats, collectively, into the senior coaching ring.

They applied for the position before the application closing deadline yesterday.

They want to take on the senior coaching position in a joint capacity and believe they have a lot to offer.

The trio has already been on the recruiting trail with club best and fairest winners Chris Atkins and David Newman endorsing their application and also giving an assurance they will return to the club next season if the trio is appointed.

In a very well-prepared and informative application for the position, the trio listed the following points as issues they would address in their bid to make the club a feared force again in the GVL:

Professionalism

Player recruitment

Junior development

Code of conduct - team rules

Communication

Training sessions

Longevity of club

As well as Atkins and David Newman the trio claims other former players of the club have also given an assurance they will return to the club in 2007 if the application is successful.

And the trio is confident that it will hold the promising junior players emerging from its Under 18 ranks this season.

The trio acknowledges the concept of having three joint senior coaches would be revolutionary, but believes it will work with the three players in control and responsible for different playing zones.

Another ace the trio believes it has up its sleeve and believes will help make the concept work is an assurance from former club champion Lawrie Casey to be chairman of selectors.

Casey, a triple Bomber best and fairest winner, is regarded as one of the best football brains in the Goulburn Valley who is abreast with the modern game who has the respect and ability to liaise with all players.

He would work the bench on match days.

Paul Newman said this week that he, Josh and Paul were confident in their ability to coach at the level required to lead the club into a successful era.

"We believe our appointment would create enormous local interest and community spirit."

FOOTYBOSS said:
Rory Hilton, Shannon Gibson, Ash Thomson, Nathan Gilliland and Craig Marshall are definate non starters at Euroa next year, there is also a few other boys in talks with other clubs, but arent committing anywhere toa coach is named which will be in the coming week, I would say. Dan Thomson will be lining up again as far as I know.

Marshall been posted elsewhere or just playing elsewhere in the area?

Jarman03 said:
Whats the word on the Cats for next year, heard there could be a few players weighing up their options. Any word on the travelling guys like norman, aloi etc. Will Shauny Robbins play on or join his brother down in the Ballarat League.

Have heard norman will front up again, aloi is unlikely (perhaps going to Greenvale with his brother) and learmonth is gone too, he will be coaching Darley in the Ballarat footy league.

Does anyone have any news on who will be leaving and who will be staying at seymour in regards to players. I ask because i've heard a whisper that they could lose up to 10 players from last years flag

the eye said:
Does anyone have any news on who will be leaving and who will be staying at seymour in regards to players. I ask because i've heard a whisper that they could lose up to 10 players from last years flag
Care to name any names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad