Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Not a bad post, but I see it as two seperate issues.

People only work because they have to, whereas sport is a recreational activity that you participate in because you enjoy it. I doubt there would be any footy players out there who don't enjoy the game and are only playing so that they can collect a match payment.

I am certain there are players out there who only sign a contract because of the $$$ incentive. Having said that I don't think there would be too many who get out onto the field and think about the money. Once on the paddock I'd expect everyone to get into the game and enjoy the contest. But to convince some to play it requires $ which is pretty similar to convincing everyone to go rock up to work on a Monday;)

U probably dont like him cos he's better than u. Get a kick bud and learn how to play sport before u can comment on something like that.
havent seen him play in a granfinal side yet! we lost but i was still there! i dont think you will find there are many ppl around the gvfl that will say yeah pappin is a good bloke! and im aloud my opinion. someone asked what he is like so i gave what i thought!

Just outa interest do all clubs continue their match payments thru finals?
I know Murchison havent in the past and can also remember certain players getting upset about it and not playing. I can only assume they werent told at the start of the season

I know Murchison havent in the past and can also remember certain players getting upset about it and not playing. I can only assume they werent told at the start of the season

Did they just not play or did they fake an injury to get out of the game?

havent seen him play in a granfinal side yet! we lost but i was still there! i dont think you will find there are many ppl around the gvfl that will say yeah pappin is a good bloke! and im aloud my opinion. someone asked what he is like so i gave what i thought!

Losing grand final somethin to brag bout!! NOT. And wat position did u have in that grand final side?? Doggie Style doesnt count for danny stevens either. Maybe u were the waterboy or benchwarmer, couldnt actually see u getin on the ground, ur to much of a hack!

U probably dont like him cos he's better than u. Get a kick bud and learn how to play sport before u can comment on something like that.

Losing grand final somethin to brag bout!! NOT. And wat position did u have in that grand final side?? Doggie Style doesnt count for danny stevens either. Maybe u were the waterboy or benchwarmer, couldnt actually see u getin on the ground, ur to much of a hack!

I'M LOVIN THIS keep up the great work WIZZA:D :thumbsu:

nah nah mate, i think thats a bit incorrect... he has a bad name cos hes a footy sl#t! simple case of taking the money n run!
off the field hes about as arrogant as they come, and as a personal opinion i dont think he has the right to be so arrogant (hes not that good) and definatly doesnt deserve the money hes got in the past...

Lets stop pulling out di*ks out the bloke and move on and stop attacking people personally! I'm sure there are more interesting things to talk about.. A club recruits a player first on their ability, not on their personality! If he gets a kick everyone is happy.. If a club offers alot of cash, i'm sure everyone would take the money.. Let's weigh it up, if you pay pea nuts, you get monkeys!

Lets stop pulling out di*ks out the bloke and move on and stop attacking people personally! I'm sure there are more interesting things to talk about.. A club recruits a player first on their ability, not on their personality! If he gets a kick everyone is happy.. If a club offers alot of cash, i'm sure everyone would take the money.. Let's weigh it up, if you pay pea nuts, you get monkeys!

Well Said:thumbsu:

Clubs need to be held responsible for paying individuals massive dollars though. It's poor management, almost stupidity in competitions where depth goes a long way. If I were a coach I would rather spend money on 4 or 5 blokes with great ability/experience than one superstar. When it comes to winning finals you need a team effort accross the board, and cant be hidding blokes in pockets etc.

Not a bad post, but I see it as two seperate issues.

People only work because they have to, whereas sport is a recreational activity that you participate in because you enjoy it. I doubt there would be any footy players out there who don't enjoy the game and are only playing so that they can collect a match payment.

Your wrong there my friend, you will find people in their later years of playing football will only play for the coin. Why would you want to wake up sore, injured and feeling like sh*t on the Sunday, then rock up to work the next day! Do you call that a recreation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they just not play or did they fake an injury to get out of the game?

What player in their right mind wouldn't want to play is stupid. I've never heard of that to, 'fake an injury'. Thats the reason you play footy is to play in Premierships.

with all this talk about paying big guns big amounts of money can anyone tell me when the last time a gvfl side won a flag without any big money players? I would say a very long time. big guns win ya flags

with all this talk about paying big guns big amounts of money can anyone tell me when the last time a gvfl side won a flag without any big money players? I would say a very long time. big guns win ya flags

True, but come finals you won't win them with only a few gun players. You need an even contribution across the board as Junkie said. Generally speaking, the contribution spread of winning finals sides is very even and often the difference between your top players and your bottom players lessens.

If your bottom 10 players don't perform you are going to be in trouble come finals time and the extra pressure makes it harder for your team's better players to dominate as they might do in H&A games.

I would class Seymour of the last couple of years as a very even side. Saad is one out of the box but the rest of the side just do their job very well with not much fuss. Mooroopna probably had more "big guns" than Seymour but didn't progress through the finals at all.

Agree with ya there Wizza, I know of Pepsi and from what I hear from his mates is that he has a heart of gold when it counts. Sure, he can come across as a bit of an idiot...but a good bloke all the same!

Agree with ya there Wizza, I know of Pepsi and from what I hear from his mates is that he has a heart of gold when it counts. Sure, he can come across as a bit of an idiot...but a good bloke all the same!

Yeah the Dr. is a good bloke and if your ever in trouble he'll be the first one there to help you out! Pretty funny aswell

Prob 99 Rochy, had Gary Hawker and Nath Gemmill but rest were pretty much locals, Sparks might have been on a bit but had been at the club for a while.

Heard down at the cricket this morning that Rattray done his knee again after trg with Barooga Friday night.

Can anyone confrim this.?

Prob 99 Rochy, had Gary Hawker and Nath Gemmill but rest were pretty much locals, Sparks might have been on a bit but had been at the club for a while.

I was going to put my nomination in for Rochy '99 too. Not a whole lot of blokes in that team that didn't grow up within 20kms of Rochy.

Heard down at the cricket this morning that Rattray done his knee again after trg with Barooga Friday night.

Can anyone confrim this.?
he is not sure if its gone again or just a tweak , he did it after training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad