Official North Melbourne vs Hawthorn Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course talent means squat if you cant use it. But the facts are that he is a mid-fielder. Not a forward. Not a backman. He needs to be fed the ball and KEPT ON THE GROUND.

I hear what you are saying but when on the ball he doesn't cut it and because of the "talent' you speak of they have to try him else where honestly i think his future is a half back flanker like Andrew McLeod. So no i dont think he should be on the ball because he hasnt proved he belongs there, that said he is not an orphan

Of course talent means squat if you cant use it. But the facts are that he is a mid-fielder. Not a forward. Not a backman. He needs to be fed the ball and KEPT ON THE GROUND.

He doesn't have the self confidence to play the game we want him to play. He has the skills, but not the belief in himself. I said it 12 months ago, if you combined his skill level and David King's attitude, you'd have the best player in the competition. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways.

Ziebell just kicked it out on the full from a set shot. I'll cut him some slack for obvious reasons, but gee... shoulda kicked it, or at LEAST gotten closer.

Nerves.

He doesn't have the self confidence to play the game we want him to play. He has the skills, but not the belief in himself. I said it 12 months ago, if you combined his skill level and David King's attitude, you'd have the best player in the competition. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways.

I agree about the confidence thing. I think the players need to get a hold of him in a room and tell him how good he is. Maybe then he will start to believe it.

Harvey has been better, but still a quiet one.

Going to ground too often and playing for frees. It's like Harvey from 2006.

I agree about the confidence thing. I think the players need to get a hold of him in a room and tell him how good he is. Maybe then he will start to believe it.

How old is Wells? Is he 30 yet?

We say this every year, "someone needs to take him aside", "needs to get more selfish", etc, etc.

It obviously will not happen.

It reminds me of everyone tipping Freo for the GF every year. Until last year. They finally realised 'Oh, wow, we were wrong'.

And we're wrong about wells. Good average player, and that's all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, im not trying to pick on you but this has been the story for ages people have been telling him how good he is and how he should be selfish etc but he either is not believing it or he is coasting or he actually is not that good. Not a pre season goes by where the ĂŹ gotta be more selfish trash comes out. I think a spell in the twos could be the trick, nothing else has worked

Shut the **** up Aria you ****ing goose. The game isn't over yet.

If you haven't got anything constructive (or even mildly supportive) to say then **** off.

You know he was right at the end.

It was exactly that and you could see it coming mid way through the third quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official North Melbourne vs Hawthorn Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back