Official North Melbourne vs Hawthorn Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

well win by a bit. 5 goals. They cant beat us. Then again neither could the doggies

Hansen to play on Buddy?

I really can't see us winning with the team we are able to field at the moment.

We have enough trouble beating you when we are full strength.

If campbell doesn't come back in expect mc intosh to completely dominate and you will probably win by 10+ goals.

A must win.
They are struggling with injuries and im glad we are playing them now because they will be the Hawks of 08 in about 2-3 weeks IMO with a few more games under there belt and a few players coming back.

Changes:
Out - Gibbo,Goldy
In - Harro,Ross.

Hale to play as a ruck to help H out and Drew to CHF and pinch hitting in the ruck.

If campbell doesn't come back in expect mc intosh to completely dominate and you will probably win by 10+ goals.

Timing is everything. North have to shake off the 'media pretender' tag and stick it to a underdone Hawks.. forget the reigning Premiers talk... it's a new line up and it's time to make up for last season's debacle when North had the Hawks on the ropes in the opening quarter but couldn't land a decisive KO blow. I agree... a big win is highly likely in front of the home members!!

I watched the Syd Vs Haw game last night and have to agree with ya.

Your ruck's are shit as. This game would have been the perfect time IMO to play Goldy. Whether he plays now after what happened today, who knows, but i do believe Harris must play this week.

I'd be massively disappointed if we didnt win this one.

We've copped them at the wrong time (they desperately need a win), but it is our home ground and they are our bitches so you'd be disappointed to see it slip.

I would like to see this team.

Thompson Grima McMahon
(Williams) (Roughhead) (stokes)

Urquhart Hansen Pratt
(Rioli) (Franklin) (osborne)

Harding Firrito Ziebell

Wells Petrie Lower

Thomas Hale Campbell

McIntosh Swallow Harvey

Simpson Goldstein Ross Rawlings

emerg: Power Harris Gibson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Gibson gets first crack at Franklin?

I'd also like to see Watt recalled as an extra defensive option just in case their talls start to overwhelm our young backline (presuming Petrie isn't going to be sent there).

Good time to play the Hawks due to the lake of ruck stocks and injuries...or bad time to be playing a 0-2 reigning premier?

We have to do a Darren Jolly and get the job done. Huge game, and we have to take advantage of these situations and get to 2-1 at the start of our 5 game Etihad love in.

They will be angry as after their start to the year, a beauty coming up, a hopefully pro North crowd and a 13 point win to us.

As a footnote, i had to laugh at the bookie that had Hawthorn behind St Kilda and Carlton in premiership betting in the paper today. Crazy, but hopefully they go 0-3 and the odds go out further...might have a nibble.

Hope Goldy plays. Could rest H-Mac up forward, expose 'em for height and have a better tap ruckman do some ground work. Boomer must fire.

Hope Goldy plays. Could rest H-Mac up forward, expose 'em for height and have a better tap ruckman do some ground work. Boomer must fire.

So must Daniel Wells.

I can't wait for this game. After the respective clubs starts to the season, it should be huge.

I like the idea of H Mac up forward. Seems to love a contested mark.

I would probably like to go in with an unchanged lineup.

If we win out of the middle, then we will win the match. I think Firrito needs to lift.

I'm tipping against them, that is the only time they win :confused: my tipping is shocking so far and it's only entering R3 :rolleyes: This is one game I would be happy to see my tip go wrong as then North win and maybe I'll end up 7-1 :D

Sewell announced, would be a HUGE in for their side. Their 2nd best player imo after Buddy.

Would love to see a head-to-head matchup, Sewell V Harvey or even Harding.

Guts is where it'll be won, McIntosh should towel the Hawk rucks around the ground and at stoppages, even sneak in a couple of goals. Lets hope our talls fire as their backline seems undermanned, and Gibbo can keep Buddy honest.

Hansen to start on Roughead, will provide GREAT experience not only playing against a good forward but seeing how young Jarryd plays the game, positions himself etc Would give great insight to Hansen for future opponents of such calibre or even if he was swung forward.

North by 16 in tighter then expected contest.

Should be a good game with a lot on the line. Certainly the loser would be crying fowl if they lose. Boomer should play well after running around like a chook with his head cut off last week. He'll improve on his poultry 18 possessions but he should be tagged heavily. I doubt the Hawks will allow him any free range this week. The Hawks have a strong battery on midfielders who had their feathers ruffled against the Swans and it will take a lot to crack them. Despite last year's premiership, I think they really could do with a player like Daniel Chick back at the club. Both sides had egg on their face last week so it will be hot in the oven early on. But in the end, after the roasting they got from Clarkson last week, I expect the Hawks to be crowing by the end of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back