Game Day Official Practice Match - Carlton v Sydney Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t understand so much pessimism about this game. Yeah we’re missing a few stars, but so are they too. They’re playing their 4th string ruckman, no Mills or Papley, and without multiple other players that played in the grand final last year. We should be excited to see how the younger guys go, and how we look in terms of our setup. Bring on tomorrow

The pessimism is more to do with how many players are either ruled out or seemingly underdone for round 1 against Richmond.

8 on the bench this week they should all get minutes.
We were chatting about the match sim rules earlier this week and it's apparently the same as the regular season, so that means the squad will be finalised down to 4 on the bench a single sub.

Everyone will travel though, because we've got a VFL double header up there.

Durdin calf must of been on the serious side and he was coming off post season surgery -- owies or honey will get there chance I'd suggest against the tigs ..
With all the backs out- kemp still can't get in the park -wouldn't surprise me that he will be somewhere else next year - disappointing he can't get a run in that side considering all the early hype ..

We were chatting about the match sim rules earlier this week and it's apparently the same as the regular season, so that means the squad will be finalised down to 4 on the bench a single sub.

All players in the Hawks/Pies game got minutes. Currently in the Freo/Port game each side has four un-used players half way through the second quarter. So perhaps they have the option to swap the benches at half time.

I would prefer if we went in with four and a sub as preparation for the real stuff.

And I did read on the Swans board that the reserves match has been cancelled which would be disappointing. But nothing official yet.

Looking forward to seeing Pitt in the ruck. And DeKoning mainly as a forward.

Looking forward to seeing Holland, Cincotta, Cowan and Binns.

Looking forward to seeing Weitering and Charlie step up a gear from last week.

Looking forward to seeing Dow and Carroll and even Fish getting some/more onball time.

Looking forward to seeing the exciting Motlop.

Looking forward to seeing SOS kick a couple snags.

Looking forward to Kennedy, George and Cerra.

Looking forward to see Doc's role.

Should be another solid preparatory hitout.

Looking forward to seeing Pitt in the ruck. And DeKoning mainly as a forward.

Looking forward to seeing Holland, Cincotta, Cowan and Binns.

Looking forward to seeing Weitering and Charlie step up a gear from last week.

Looking forward to seeing Dow and Carroll and even Fish getting some/more onball time.

Looking forward to seeing the exciting Motlop.

Looking forward to seeing SOS kick a couple snags.

Looking forward to Kennedy, George and Cerra.

Looking forward to see Doc's role.

Should be another solid preparatory hitout.

Particularly given no Hickey, Mills and Tommy P., I'm ok with the team we're putting up - A good enough group to win and gives the likes of TDK and even some lesser lights the chance to put their case!

Hope Paddy Dow kills it.

Go Blues.

Am I blind because I cant see Marchbank
No, that wouldn't make any difference.
You'd only be blind if you couldn't see.

You are welcome.
And
Punctuation can help. I recommend emergency use so you can get your sight back.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. “Knee on the back” my arse. Still shits name about the club. Admit he has done a slight hammy instead of hiding the fact you still can’t manage the injuries despite all the dribble.
Wasn't too hard to read a few posts earlier that his partner had a baby earlier today. Any amount of reasons why he couldn't go to Sydney the next day. Why the paranoia?

Club has openly stated that him and Martin will be training and assume both will be available round 1.

Teams can use 8 on the interchange but most aren't choosing to do so. I expect us to leave 2-3 out based on what I've seen tonight.

Nah, teams are playing with 26. The earlier announcement wasn't clear.

Sydney’s team is strong, very strong.
Will be a great test - no injuries and continue to build some more cohesion between the different lines and it will be a successful outing. Would have been nice to have a team closer to our best 22' but seems quite a few may be saved for round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Official Practice Match - Carlton v Sydney Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back