Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Broughton isn't worth 13, but he's definitely a first rounder. Similar in value to Wellingham I'd say. Having said that I'd be shocked if Lyon traded him, his manager said he'd look elsewhere if there wasn't a spot for him, but he hadn't met with the club at that stage.

Baffling that freo wants to trade him , good player , not worth pick 13 like everyone else has said , but would be very handy.

Gilham still hasn't been offered a contract by the Hawks, with GWS now considering him and also the Saints should the Eagle Brown deal not eventuate.

Still no news on Toy or Hine.

Maybe the Suns #13 for Broughton and Freo's #17 has some legs? Would rather just ontrade Toy's early 2nd round pick to Freo ;)

13 too high, 37 too low. Even if they give 37 and flip their first rounders I'm not sure it will be enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo board suggesting Broughton and 40 for 13 which would make more sense. Freo will be desperate to make sure they can snare Mason Shaw I think. Maybe Broughton will be the inside mid you were after?

No way the Suns will give up #13 unless they were getting Freo's #17 or had a 1st Rd pick waiting from the Toy deal (which is unlikely unless we have bundled). Will be interesting to see what eventuates.

So if we were to bring Broughton in, we would have to trade two players??? Am I correct.
If so that would most likely be Toy an Hine. Just throwing up possibilities here; for those two we could probably get two second round picks, these could be then on traded with Bourke for a pick late in the first round. Alternatively we could possibly get Norths pick 15 for them both+37. There is also the murmur that the pies are keen on Boston so maybe him and toy for 18.

Plenty of options available for the Suns if the Broughton deal is true...

With picks from the Toy/Hine trades, Boston-Bourke zone picks, an excess of later Rd picks already, will be interesting to see what is or has been negotiated... If true!

No articles on Broughton yet, just lots of tweets from Perth news/radio. They seem confident, just don't want to get my hopes up! ...Hoping though I might have 2 Suns players in my Supercoach team next year ;)

Wow lots of talks coming through of brought on coming.. Big news if we land him, hopefully not at the expense of pick 13 tho

Great get for you guys if true. I will be very disappointed to see Broughts go. He's a very brave and reliable defender. Really strong overhead for his size. Tough hombre, which is why I can see your mob using him as an inside mid come replacement for Toy. Accurate kick and a good user. He's easily best 18 for us on his day. Just one of those players who you immediately feel comfortable with the ball in their hands. Also a big surfer so should love the GC.

With the amount of gun West Aussies in your team and your penchant for beating the Blues in clinch games I might be tempted to take up a second club. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back