Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

North still showing interest in Taylor Hine. Pick #38 seems logical unless we try a Toy/Hine bundle and go for #15 ;)

Seeming as u now have 13 and u hav interest in Broughton ... who IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER would u trade 13 for him and our 2nd Rounder ... Broughton and 2nd Rounder for 1st Rounder

What is peoples opinion on Broughton? A few people seem to think we are keen on him, personally I cant make comment as I haven't ever paid any attention to him. I don't really think we need another small defender, but he seems to be able to play a midfield role as well, im not sure of how much of an inside ball winner he is though...

Definitely not #13. We'll be drafting with it, or upgrading. Direct quotes from Ashcroft himself saying that it allows us to draft well. That's pretty much your answer.

Would be interested in playing him as an inside mid where he really flourishes, myself. Rather than a small defender, where I think he stagnates.

There are token Broughton rumours every year, mind you. But this year, with him out of contract and Lyon playing him way out of position, wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Broughton still has 1yr on his contract at Freo and it must have been back-loaded, as the $$$ needing to be paid scared Port off. Went for the cheaper dual trade with GWS.

Broughton is a serious talent. Freo have pick 17, why not: Broughton + 17 for 13? (We got 13 for Hickey, a second year ruckman who has played around 10 games. Makes the downgrade to 17 seem understandable for a proven player).

Would love to get him, but I suppose since we got Murphy the talk of us being interested might not be true. However, he'd replace Weller in our backline, who could push into the midfield after a big preseason.

Broughton isn't a Queenslander I don't think. He's currently 26 years old and has played 68 games. At Freo, he's usually played as a small defender. Pretty much the role we have for Mav right now. With that said, he's also been known to have stints in the midfield as an inside player, and has really shown to be a good asset here. Racked up some very decent numbers and can work very well defensively.

Under Ross, he was sort of thrown all over the park, and even played as a defensive forward for much of 2012. Which I really don't think he's best suited for.

Under Ross, he was sort of thrown all over the park, and even played as a defensive forward for much of 2012. Which I really don't think he's best suited for.

If he's looking to get out, and this was the reason, I dunno if there's much point coming here. Look what we did to Browny, after he said he'd like to be more prominent in his favoured position down back. :p

I dunno, I think I've changed my mind since around 10 minutes ago. Pick 13 is a pretty high pick, and the highest pick we've had since our first year. Get some young talent! haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#13 was too much for Hickey, but the Saints had a list deficiency, other clubs were circling, trade needed completing. It comes down to our list deficiencies and whether the club thinks it's experienced defenders, mids, a key fwd or whether we can survive as is by recruiting the best kid available at #13?

#13 is too much. Broughton is good, but I'd rather draft a brand new exciting talent then bring Broughton in.

If we were gunning for a premiership, maybe. But we're still in the building process.
plus he is a mature aged recruit.. nowhere near 13, like i said before early second round at best

#13 was too much for Hickey, but the Saints had a list deficiency, other clubs were circling, trade needed completing. It comes down to our list deficiencies and whether the club thinks it's experienced defenders, mids, a key fwd or whether we can survive as is by recruiting the best kid available at #13?
he is good.. but not that good

Hearing reports you guys are offering BOTH 38 and 39 for Hine and Swallow. Negotiations are going to run all the way down to the final minutes on friday!!!!

For the love of God, don't encourage them!

Agree Broughton isn't worth 13, but he's definitely a first rounder. Similar in value to Wellingham I'd say. Having said that I'd be shocked if Lyon traded him, his manager said he'd look elsewhere if there wasn't a spot for him, but he hadn't met with the club at that stage.

For both Hine and swallow, I'd want more than 2 picks in the 30's. Maybe we should try get gav urquart and Ben warren in the trade?

That would make it fairer and both qlders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back