2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks solid for a 17 year old

I rate him.

Looked good as an underage player for the Allies.

Whilst his physically developed I can also see him actually going up the draft board this year as well.

Everyone will be fawning over the GC academy kids and not notice him. Expect Cleary to go under the radar

.... and be played out of position all year
It's way too late for that and even if there was, at this point there's not much to go under the radar about.

As it stands, Cleary looks like a mid second rounder.

Every time he has played has looked similar to Parker but with cleaner disposal and slightly less See you in the NT.

Could play well and grow 5-10cm which would have in the top 20. Who knows

As it stands, Cleary looks like a mid second rounder.

Every time he has played has looked similar to Parker but with cleaner disposal and slightly less See you in the NT.

Could play well and grow 5-10cm which would have in the top 20. Who knows
Another 8cm - 10cm would be amazing.

We might finally get that running big bodied midfielder in the Ryan O’Keffe mould.

I thought we had one in Dawson.

Jeez QBE do put a shedload of money into the club.

Mens team, they have a primary shirt sponsor deal which will take them to over 40 years of sponsorship, inaugural principal partner of the AFLW side and naming partner of the Academy since 2010. QBE are now the Swans ‘Whole of Club’ Principal Partner.

I believe the QBE sponsorship is the 2nd longest of a major football club (any code) deal in the World (excluding kit manufacturers).

Ironically Geelong/Ford is the longest 'partnership', officially 98 years!

(Third is German soccer club VFL Wolfsburg/ Volkswagen, dating to 1991)

Sort of makes me feel bad that CGU is my insurer.

Jeez QBE do put a shedload of money into the club.

Mens team, they have a primary shirt sponsor deal which will take them to over 40 years of sponsorship, inaugural principal partner of the AFLW side and naming partner of the Academy since 2010. QBE are now the Swans ‘Whole of Club’ Principal Partner.

I believe the QBE sponsorship is the 2nd longest of a major football club (any code) deal in the World (excluding kit manufacturers).

Ironically Geelong/Ford is the longest 'partnership', officially 98 years!

(Third is German soccer club VFL Wolfsburg/ Volkswagen, dating to 1991)

Sort of makes me feel bad that CGU is my insurer.
Shirt or jumper

Attn All: taps mic... is this thing on? Do we have any dedicated Academy watchers this year?

1)Looking for someone to give us reports on the games in Sydney & Coates Challenge League (Formerly NAB Cup) VIC games. So basically, a NSW & a Vic person And
2) a few lines like a small best of post game update in the Academy thread on the Draft board when the games vs Nthn Academy games only

Thanks
Ticky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attn All: taps mic... is this thing on? Do we have any dedicated Academy watchers this year?

1)Looking for someone to give us reports on the games in Sydney & Coates Challenge League (Formerly NAB Cup) VIC games. So basically, a NSW & a Vic person And
2) a few lines like a small best of post game update in the Academy thread on the Draft board when the games vs Nthn Academy games only

Thanks
Ticky

Can you post the fixture? Can't find it.

Can you post the fixture? Can't find it.
There's no fixture but if last year is anything to go off we'll have a round of matches against the other academy teams - then we'll play against the Vic U18 teams for about a 2months or so before we flip back to Academy only games.

Fixture is out , only 1 game in Sydney.
R1 MARCH 25 WESTERN JETS AWAY
2 APRIL 1 GWR AWAY
4 APRIL 15 OAKLEIGH AWAY
6 APRIL 29 BRISBANE AWAY
7 MAY 20 TASMANIA at BANKSTOWN
Thanks Bedford, been looking for this. Now if the Swans can provide a list of the U18 squad and not just game day lists I'll be happy.
bedford where did you get the fixture from please.

Nuggetz we haz an academy game at Bankstown!!!

AFL U18 Fixture for 2023
Here is the Full Fixture or the Coates League. Note that games will be viewed via the Coates AFL App - god help us all.

Anyone got any tips on some academy kids coming through that we might pick-up. I was watching my nephews team in the Illawarra 15 yr olds from memory and there were some good kids playing in his team tied to the academy. I have always been keen to see if they make it or not

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back