Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Last few posts from last thread:
The quality of the player has nothing to do with the compensation according to the afl website.
View attachment 5777
IMO Rivers and Byrnes will most likely cancel each other out, while Moloney will gain Melbourne a second round pick.

Trust me, as a St Kilda fan I know these compo picks are no where near as generous, but these are probably Melbourne's best 2 players from 2011, a 2nd and 3rd round is not exactly generous.

Does HMAC moving actually give Daw more opportunities.

Or will North continue to go with the line up they finished the year with - Goldy and Petrie.

Looking forward to watching what North does with the extra pick and salary cap room.

Agree with Terry for once, think Big O is gone. Although Scott publicly defended him, I think behind closed doors they would've been disappointed with his output for a ready made ruckman.

Proof that Jay Clark has NFI, no way would the Saints reject that deal.
I dunno, the Saints already have very few KPD's. I don't think they'd be in a rush to get rid of their best one. Especially with not many high quality KPD's in this draft, with Plowman being the best, and he's slightly shorter than they need, and not worth pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark says GWS offer Pick 2 for Sam Fisher. St Kilda say no.

That's a shame, they could have used that pick to get Brown from us.;)

I agree. Pending Gumby's Hille's decision, do you think you guys would look at him?
Fixed.

Not sure.
Ideally, we could do with a ruck 'slash' forward type (inb4 Jenkins) to replace Hille.
In the longer term - Ryder's still only 24, Bellcho 23 - not sure we need another genuine ruck.

Thinking more North, now McIntosh is gone; Saints (McEvoy... ermm...); or even Freo (post Sandi, assuming Clarke will be more apt as the 'slash' role and having no effing clue about this Moller character).

I dunno, the Saints already have very few KPD's. I don't think they'd be in a rush to get rid of their best one. Especially with not many high quality KPD's in this draft, with Plowman being the best, and he's slightly shorter than they need, and not worth pick 2.
STFU.
Pick freaking 2.

Clearly a piss-take somewhere along the line.

I know everyone is saying it's crazy to not accept Pick 2 for Fisher. But seriously, what's point of trading out your stars for picks? You are still not even going to have close to the amount of high picks that GWS/GC have. You may as well try and mini re-build another way. At least when the Saints draft/trade in new young players they are learning off the best players of the past 10 years. The young players will be modelling themselves over Riewoldt, Hayes, Fisher, Dal Santo, Montagna, Milne etc. rather than no one. Geelong and Sydney have shown how important it is for young players to have leaders there to maintain a strong culture that develop them into stars.

I know everyone is saying it's crazy to not accept Pick 2 for Fisher. But seriously, what's point of trading out your stars for picks? You are still not even going to have close to the amount of high picks that GWS/GC have. You may as well try and mini re-build another way. At least when the Saints draft/trade in new young players they are learning off the best players of the past 10 years. The young players will be modelling themselves over Riewoldt, Hayes, Fisher, Dal Santo, Montagna, Milne etc. rather than no one. Geelong and Sydney have shown how important it is for young players to have leaders there to maintain a strong culture that develop them into stars.

I agree. You don't trade out guys like Fisher unless they actually want to move.

Pick 2 is over value for Fisher but you still say NO if you are StKilda.

And exactly how many premierships did the Saints win in that time ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back