OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Gentlemen, so recruiting is almost over and the season opener is only 9 days away.
Here is my ladder for the year:
1 - Milawa
2 - Tarrawingee
3 - Whorouly
4 - Benalla All Blacks (Not convinced sorry Slim)5 - Bonnie Doon
6 - Moyhu
7 - Greta (Our Depth will test us)
8 - Bright (Always a smokey could go as high as 4)
9 - King Valley
10 - Glenrowan
11 - Tatong
12 - Nth Wang (Not buying the hype)
13 - Goorambat
14 - Swanpool

All comments welcome!

No need to apologise Pliz, the beauty of living in a democratic society is that everyone is entitled to an opinion.....even if it's wrong..:D:D:D

as Nonch said, top 6 could nearly be in any order and I also think Nth wang will finish 11th...

hey guys anyone know about all these pick ups that tatong apparently have picked up heard Andrew James has been going around talking it all up.

hey guys anyone know about all these pick ups that tatong apparently have picked up heard Andrew James has been going around talking it all up.

hahahaha. Anyone knows that Pige likes to talk things up! Heard the pickups are whoever has been drunk enough on a Fri or Sat'dy night at the pub. Everyone been talking about the Swannie & batters strugglin but tong might be keeping it pretty quiet out there way.

hahahaha. Anyone knows that Pige likes to talk things up! Heard the pickups are whoever has been drunk enough on a Fri or Sat'dy night at the pub. Everyone been talking about the Swannie & batters strugglin but tong might be keeping it pretty quiet out there way.
lol yer this is all true they will be shit again only really have two good players the rest are old or have no skill and just fill the numbers

Exactly things look to be on the way up and i am sure he is the captain! Fair enough $$$$ is great and all but you would think he would be well paid at Nth Wang and that being the CAPTAIN of a club would mean something!

Just a bit of info, i spoke with berry over the weekend, he is not going to Tatong never was, they did speak with him but he said no... Not all that committed this year with work and few other things has not had a pre season so he did play in the practice match for tatong just to get some run in his legs, very unfit apparently....

Just a bit of info, i spoke with berry over the weekend, he is not going to Tatong never was, they did speak with him but he said no... Not all that committed this year with work and few other things has not had a pre season so he did play in the practice match for tatong just to get some run in his legs, very unfit apparently....

Doesn't he work at a hospital or something? Mon to Fri hardly interferes with football commitments... and wouldnt have thought his fitness would be an issue, usually one of the fitter blokes running around our league, pre season or no pre season I reckon he could still get a game at Nth Wang or tatong.

Heard a rumour today that Swanpools jumper presentation only saw 16 jumpers presented between seniors and reserves. Struggling big time for locked in players. This is from a secondary source so not 100% on it but it's bad news if it's true.

Ok Gentlemen, so recruiting is almost over and the season opener is only 9 days away.
Here is my ladder for the year:
1 - Milawa
2 - Tarrawingee
3 - Whorouly
4 - Benalla All Blacks (Not convinced sorry Slim)
5 - Bonnie Doon
6 - Moyhu
7 - Greta (Our Depth will test us)
8 - Bright (Always a smokey could go as high as 4)
9 - King Valley
10 - Glenrowan
11 - Tatong
12 - Nth Wang (Not buying the hype)
13 - Goorambat
14 - Swanpool

All comments welcome!

Ill have a go but do it a little differently...

top 4: Milawa, Whorouly, Benalla, Tarra - could finish in any order depending on the draw.

4 - 7: Doon, Moyhu, Greta - injuries will have a major play in where these 3 teams finish. with full strength sides on the park all could push for 4th or 5th

8 - 11: Glenrowan, Valley, Nth Wang and Bright (who knows what the mountain men have up their sleeve!

12 - 14: Tatong, Swanpool, Goorambat- hard to see these sides improving enough to get much higher than the bottom 3 spots.

Wonder if Moyhu are going to change Twelve Goals' name to Five-for...

Nonch, you'll have to knock out half the walls for him to get in the building ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonch, you'll have to knock out half the walls for him to get in the building ;)

Nonch I nearly choked on my salad roll reading the article yesterday,there was more superlatives and hero worship in it than we've laid on "GUNS" in 2 years......:D:D
Not a bad effort all the same JW.....

I see on the clearances that Brent Ohlin is getting a transfer back to the O&M.

He played 17 matches for only 29 goals at an average of 1.71 per game.

Was in the best 9 times, but only twice BOG and the rest were fourths and fifths.

What are people's opinions on this? A little disappointing I would think after the rumoured coin he was on.

Does anyone know who this Zach Green is? apprantley he a very good wingman, playing for bonnie doon this year.

Nah he's not much chop mate, small outside player who will be pushing to make our best 21 I would think. Does not really suit our game style. Hasn't showed much at training to this stage.

If anyones interested here are Sportsbets odds for this season.

Tarrawingee 3.50 Milawa 3.50 Bonnie Doon 6.00 Whorouly 8.00 Benalla All Blacks 8.00 Moyhu 12.00 Bright 15.00 Greta 21.00 King Valley 34.00 Glenrowan 34.00 North Wangaratta 34.00 Tatong 67.00 Goorambat 201.00 Swanpool 201.00

Let's just say he was very happy with himself TGN.

Nonch I nearly choked on my salad roll reading the article yesterday,there was more superlatives and hero worship in it than we've laid on "GUNS" in 2 years......:D:D
Not a bad effort all the same JW.....

Well he gets plenty of flak from me the rest of the time slim, so a bit of credit where it's due doesn't hurt.

And it means he has further to fall next time he stuffs up:D

Was in the best 9 times, but only twice BOG and the rest were fourths and fifths.

What are people's opinions on this? A little disappointing I would think after the rumoured coin he was on.

Yeah he'd want to pull his finger out if he wants to have any impact at Wodonga. I think everyone at Glenrowan was disappointed with his season given the potential he had, and I don't think they would have been too upset to see him leave.

Heard a rumour today that Swanpools jumper presentation only saw 16 jumpers presented between seniors and reserves. Struggling big time for locked in players. This is from a secondary source so not 100% on it but it's bad news if it's true.

Not sure on numbers but heard the same. Can't be good if they are putting the word out on the Tuesday night sports wrap-up on Shepp WIN news tonight...

How long will the league let them go along with the double-up or forfeiting rule this year?

Not sure on numbers but heard the same. Can't be good if they are putting the word out on the Tuesday night sports wrap-up on Shepp WIN news tonight...

How long will the league let them go along with the double-up or forfeiting rule this year?

Heard a couple of weeks ago they had about 35, that may include all the non commitals though......

I see a few names heading from Swannie to Tatong this week.....

Gee you have done some research for on Ohlin TGN!
I reckon they would be disappointed at tigerland that he didnt impress as much as possible, but in his defence Glenrowan were probably as disappointing as his performance and the way they played wouldnt have helped a big man like him playing mostly in the forward line

Nah he's not much chop mate, small outside player who will be pushing to make our best 21 I would think. Does not really suit our game style. Hasn't showed much at training to this stage.

If anyones interested here are Sportsbets odds for this season.

Tarrawingee 3.50 Milawa 3.50 Bonnie Doon 6.00 Whorouly 8.00 Benalla All Blacks 8.00 Moyhu 12.00 Bright 15.00 Greta 21.00 King Valley 34.00 Glenrowan 34.00 North Wangaratta 34.00 Tatong 67.00 Goorambat 201.00 Swanpool 201.00

Sources told me, hes actually really good.... kicked 4 goals on the snr coach in an intra club match, must be ok, and the snr coach didnt obviously didnt pay much respect lol

Get on the record before the season starts;

Premiers: Milawa
R/up: Whorouly/ Blacks/ Doon
Baker Medalist ; Nutter ( again )
Leading Goal kicker: Sessions, West, Haebich
Biggest Improver; Nth Wang
Biggest Disappointment; Bright
Headline you'd like to see; "Fev appointed Life Coach at Milawa"....:p:D
Headline you don't want to see; " More forfeits"

Sources told me, hes actually really good.... kicked 4 goals on the snr coach in an intra club match, must be ok, and the snr coach didnt obviously didnt pay much respect lol

Maybe a bit of subterfuge from JAM...?

Headline you'd like to see; "Fev appointed Life Coach at Milawa"....:p:D

Sounds like you've been reading tomorrow's paper slim!

Get on the record before the season starts;

Don't want to be biased towards Tarra, so I won't include them in my answers.

Premiers: Milawa/Whorouly
R/up: Blacks/Doon
Baker Medalist: Nutter (although I reckon Chopper can give it a real shake this year as Scotty O won't be there to get the umpires attention)
Leading Goal kicker: Sesho
Biggest Improver: Nth Wang
Biggest Disappointment: Bright
Headline you'd like to see: "Fev agrees to terms with Tarra to take on Milawa and Aker" (I know, I know... bit long for a headline!)
Headline you don't want to see: "Aker withdraws at last minute"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back