OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also remember back in 09 when liam harrington tried to cross from the maggies to whorouly, at the time i believe he was in and out of the senior side and asked to be cleared to play at the lions for the remainder of the season, coach jason lappin had no problem with it apparently, but the committee wouldn't budge as he was a contracted and therefore a "required" player at the club, and subsequently wasn't cleared until his contract had expired . So i don't believe the maggies will budge, especially with a key backman, regardless of his position of going to coach a side in a different league

And four home games in a row in the middle of winter. Everyone else is getting a fair split of the draw. We are not asking for any special treatment, we just want a fair draw for all involved. Thats our Beef.

No change from the board yesterday Pliz, so will be interesting to see what happens now, will it turn into a shit fight..???

No change from the board yesterday Pliz, so will be interesting to see what happens now, will it turn into a shit fight..???
Won't say that I am surprised Slim. I was chatting to a couple of people on the committee this morning and they aren't happy, but what do you do? I am not sure what the next step is but I would imagine that we will move on, there may be a letter written to the board outlining our dissapointment but that will probably end up in the bin.

Won't say that I am surprised Slim. I was chatting to a couple of people on the committee this morning and they aren't happy, but what do you do? I am not sure what the next step is but I would imagine that we will move on, there may be a letter written to the board outlining our dissapointment but that will probably end up in the bin.

The O&K Board are a joke.....not just because of this scenario either.....

I assume all teams will now have to pay more money for membership tickets to be reprinted.......as well as the extra money to the O&K for their expenses.....whatever that may be!!

The O&K Board are a joke.....not just because of this scenario either.....

I assume all teams will now have to pay more money for membership tickets to be reprinted.......as well as the extra money to the O&K for their expenses.....whatever that may be!!

not sure what greta problem would be now as it looks like thay have there first match at home now not at the valley as before

as for the board you could always go back to the old system before we had a board now that was a joke. maybe all those who keep complaining about the board can nominate this year as there was none of then last year put up there hand. there seem to be 3 clubs complain about every thing no matter what the boards dose. get over it the leauge better off then we where 6 year ago

not sure what greta problem would be now as it looks like thay have there first match at home now not at the valley as before

as for the board you could always go back to the old system before we had a board now that was a joke. maybe all those who keep complaining about the board can nominate this year as there was none of then last year put up there hand. there seem to be 3 clubs complain about every thing no matter what the boards dose. get over it the leauge better off then we where 6 year ago

Maybe the clubs that don't question the Board have given up the fight against a dictatorship as they believe they are not being heard......

on holidays at the moment mate/hiding in shame after getting the Aker call horribly wrong. :p

looks like i wasn't the first and I certainly won't be the last person to get taken for a ride by him either ;)

Yeah you certainly weren't the only one - just the most vocal:D

Everyone must be on hols atm - they've got Steve Smith writing articles - sounds like someone's pseudonym!

Anyone had any practice matches or got any coming up......For those that have, how have they gone.....

We had a great hit out against Violet Town on Sunday. Fast and furious for 4 qtrs......both sides had about 28 blokes to rotate through.

We play Ardmona in a couple of weeks time as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first two articles on All Blacks and Glenrowan have both been a good read, I'm hoping that they will be able to get through all the clubs before round one.

Few more updates coming up, including Moyhu tomorrow. Hoppers have picked up some very handy players. Could be a real chance for top four I think.

Anyone had any practice matches or got any coming up......For those that have, how have they gone.....

We have a practice match next Saturday at Doon vs a side from Essendon Slim. Not sure who they are (something park) and they are bringing seniors and reserves so it should be a pretty good hit out. I don't think Cooksey will field our full strength side though, so the seniors will probably be topped up with a few of the better seconds players and some of the thirds kids that have been showing a bit of promise.

Greta play Undera on Saturday night - a mixture of 3rds, Reserves & Seniors for 6 1/4's.

Following Friday v Tungamah over there.

We have a practice match next Saturday at Doon vs a side from Essendon Slim. Not sure who they are (something park) and they are bringing seniors and reserves so it should be a pretty good hit out. I don't think Cooksey will field our full strength side though, so the seniors will probably be topped up with a few of the better seconds players and some of the thirds kids that have been showing a bit of promise.

That's the beauty of practice matches JAM, gives the kids a chance to show what they have......A couple of our over age ones did well in ours last week and one of them probably landed himself a snr possie in rd 1.

Where is the game Saturday night EB?
Gun's doing it all after watching his pies tonight??

If the Pies do get up I'll be turning my phone off, I think I may have been guilty of spraying "GUNS" on occassion re the Pies...

EB I assume you'll be "allowed" to have a run on Sat night....:D:D

If the Pies do get up I'll be turning my phone off, I think I may have been guilty of spraying "GUNS" on occassion re the Pies...

EB I assume you'll be "allowed" to have a run on Sat night....:D:D

Games @ Benalla Show grounds.

No run for me mate - will be down there with 2 recruits for the 2016 & 2018 seasons in toe.

Not sure if Guns will be playing or not.

That's the beauty of practice matches JAM, gives the kids a chance to show what they have......A couple of our over age ones did well in ours last week and one of them probably landed himself a snr possie in rd 1.

The money is on the reserves slim, i have heard plenty of talk from a few guys there the team this year.

We had a great hit out against Violet Town on Sunday. Fast and furious for 4 qtrs......both sides had about 28 blokes to rotate through.

We play Ardmona in a couple of weeks time as well.

Great game against the old enemy in Benalla all blacks, they seem to be heading places this year and from what l seen should be a major player this year come finals time.
Due to clubs messing us around and I know it is late notice but if any club is looking for a final hitout at benalla under lights either this sat or next sat against Violet Town then send me a PM and your phone number and l will contact you. Cheers

Heard Moyhu looked pretty slick against Tungamah last week. Virge, if you're still out there, can you fill us in. Recruits went well I heard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back