OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OKFL - Part 2

Swannie have probably last Bamford and King back to Benalla Saints but have picked a handful from Melbs, I haven/t got names or form though.

How does the draw look for some of you guys, we have Mil,Moy,Kv, Swan and Tarra twice and Bright and Doon away in consec weeks......That should give us a pretty good indication of where we're at...

How does the draw look for some of you guys, we have Mil,Moy,Kv, Swan and Tarra twice and Bright and Doon away in consec weeks......That should give us a pretty good indication of where we're at...
Greta have King Valley, Swanpool, Tarrawingee, Goorambat and Whorouly twice. Playing Tarra and Whorouly in the last three weeks of the season could play a big part in the make up of the finals.

Would need to take advantage of playing Swanpool and Goorambat twice, but we all know that King Valley away is one of the toughest trips in the O&K. And you'd take two wins out of the four matches against Tarra and Whorouly.

Tough part of the draw looks to be from rounds 8 to 13.
Benalla (A), Bright (A), Glenrowan (H), Milawa (H), Bonnie Doon (H) and Moyhu (A). Three wins would be par, four a bonus. Saving grace could be the three home games in a row, which could build some momentum for the latter part of the season.

Here's hoping we can field a near full strength side for most of the season and be as competitive as we were last season. Another year under the belts of the young blokes, with a couple of additions, holds us in good stead.

Greta have King Valley, Swanpool, Tarrawingee, Goorambat and Whorouly twice. Playing Tarra and Whorouly in the last three weeks of the season could play a big part in the make up of the finals.

Would need to take advantage of playing Swanpool and Goorambat twice, but we all know that King Valley away is one of the toughest trips in the O&K. And you'd take two wins out of the four matches against Tarra and Whorouly.

Benalla (A), Bright (A), Glenrowan (H), Milawa (H), Bonnie Doon (H) and Moyhu (A). Three wins would be par, four a bonus. Saving grace could be the three home games in a row, which could build some momentum for the latter part of the season.

Here's hoping we can field a near full strength side for most of the season and be as competitive as we were last season. Another year under the belts of the young blokes, with a couple of additions, holds us in good stead.

I hear "Guns" has given away administering the club to concentrate on playing. Hell bent on being the No 1 ruckman....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope the ground holds up for that many games in a row TGN, on past "dry" years it has struggled, how do you think it will become if we have a wet season?

Hope the ground holds up for that many games in a row TGN, on past "dry" years it has struggled, how do you think it will become if we have a wet season?
Very unlucky last year to have all the rain on the weekends. The ground was in good nick beforehand, but got chopped up pretty badly come game day.

I heard from a Greta Cricket Club source at the start of cricket season, that the right steps have been put in place to make sure the ground will drain a bit better this season.

I was out at the ground a few weeks ago (after a fair bit of rain) and it was still really boggy in places with a few puddles here and there. The grass cover was fantastic, but the drainage will probably remain an issue with the amount of rain we have been getting. Lets see what season 2011 brings...

is there any ex afl payers listed or rookies playing in your comp in 2011?

is there any ex afl payers listed or rookies playing in your comp in 2011?

aker was rumoured to be playing one game with a club but deal has fallen through, also swanpool have signed ben cousins and the big fev even though he hasnt been sacked yet:D:D

Good to see the chronicle giving tatong a bit of love in the paper yesterday, albeit only being a small story about how good their new training singlets are! C'mon nonch time to get the rumours out in the open, surely there are few o&k players with a drinking or gambling addiction that need to be exposed?

Good to see the chronicle giving tatong a bit of love in the paper yesterday, albeit only being a small story about how good their new training singlets are! C'mon nonch time to get the rumours out in the open, surely there are few o&k players with a drinking or gambling addiction that need to be exposed?[/QUOTE]

Datto I reckon there's a few out there that would be happy to expose themselves......:eek::eek::eek:

Good to see the chronicle giving tatong a bit of love in the paper yesterday, albeit only being a small story about how good their new training singlets are! C'mon nonch time to get the rumours out in the open, surely there are few o&k players with a drinking or gambling addiction that need to be exposed?[/QUOTE]

Datto I reckon there's a few out there that would be happy to expose themselves......:eek::eek::eek:

hope your not one of them slim, i couldn't handle the attention being taken away from me:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is everyone starting "official" training this week......We had a good roll out tonight. really good to see a few of last years 3rds (now overage) turn up to have a crack at snr footy.

Is everyone starting "official" training this week......We had a good roll out tonight. really good to see a few of last years 3rds (now overage) turn up to have a crack at snr footy.
I was told Greta start next Wednesday (January 19th).

Had a few runs before Christmas.

HE has yet to be sighted...

Just wondering if milawa aRe still in talks with Akers manager?? Seems to be on the quiet lately maybe your able to catch up with simmsy and put a write up in the paper again nonch:):D:D:D

Nice snippet on Bright Nonch.....I heard awhile ago they'd lost O'shea and Harris, who else has gone.....

From what I've heard I believe Lucien and Hewitt have retired, few (inc. Regan) are training with Magpies and will probably try to get a game there, Billy Dixon is heading over Geelong way, Tom Buckley somewhere else, O'Shea and Harris to Myrt. Nutta's still there, and if Ryan Kent and Ricky Clarke stick around they'll still have a decent midfield, but no O'Shea, Buckley, Regan and Lucien up forward is going to hurt really bad. Still, none of this has been confirmed in any official capacity.

From what I've heard I believe Lucien and Hewitt have retired, few (inc. Regan) are training with Magpies and will probably try to get a game there, Billy Dixon is heading over Geelong way, Tom Buckley somewhere else, O'Shea and Harris to Myrt. Nutta's still there, and if Ryan Kent and Ricky Clarke stick around they'll still have a decent midfield, but no O'Shea, Buckley, Regan and Lucien up forward is going to hurt really bad. Still, none of this has been confirmed in any official capacity.

Shit that leaves some big holes..though Bright seem to find ready replacements without much trouble......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back