OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OKFL - Part 2

I wonder how Swanpool are travelling for numbers (losses and gains)?

Haven't heard from SwanSong for a while...

I was actually having this conversation yesterday Slim, from what I was told, Benalla, Nth Wang & Tarra are looking good, Greta have 14 and King Valley have 5. I am not sure about the rest of them and I wasn't aware that Tatong were pursuing thirds, would that effect your numbers?
Blues Kangaroos?

I havn't been down to training yet Slim so i'm not sure mate, I'm a bit of a "see who runs out round one" kind of guy anyway. You hear about all these guns coming to play with you but until they run out on the ground i dont get too excited.

You may need to get there soon JAM, heard tonight that training No's have been very good over at Serenity Stadium.....

Nah Pliz wouldn't affect our no's, the only thing affecting our no's this year is the bloody vcfl, trying to cap us at 22. Last year we had about 26 on the list but only ever had about 20 each week and we were able to help out opp sides in getting a team on the ground, otherwise there would have been lots of forfeits.

Tatong told the league they had enough kids but the vcfl had said no believing the couldn't sustain those no's in coming years. I heard they were going to fight it. Someone from Tatong may be able to help us out on that one.

Have heard that Tatong did alright getting numbers but not quite enough with definite commitment (as nearly all footballers are like this time of year). VCFL were going to refuse regardless of numbers signed by club and/or of nil impact to BDJFL. Would've meant an appeal process etc. that for a new club to the league, I'm not sure they could've sustained. But in saying that they are still keen to be the next club to get Thirds and from all reports they will continue to pursue it until it happens. They're a bit stubborn out that way!:D

Heard that tatong have a few new recruits couple of handy additions if true! It will be out soon enough..

Heard that tatong have a few new recruits couple of handy additions if true! It will be out soon enough..

Yeah gameon. We've picked up a few handy players and looking at a few more but early days. just hoping to add a few more wins this year. And fotf - welshy has been training the house down and will def be playing at club in 2011.

Slim heard u got young hickey and hearn from the tigers? Pizzas must be doing well atm!!!:D;)

Yeah gameon. We've picked up a few handy players and looking at a few more but early days. just hoping to add a few more wins this year. And fotf - welshy has been training the house down and will def be playing at club in 2011.

Slim heard u got young hickey and hearn from the tigers? Pizzas must be doing well atm!!!:D;)

Stomp has trained with us 2 or 3 times but yet to see Hearn at the club so I'm not sure on that one.........Wait and see I suppose........Not sure how you link pizzas to those 2 blokes but I'm sure our local sponsors will look after them if they play and have a passion for pizza.;):D

GO are you refering to Damian King from Swannie to Tatong as Ass Coach. Bad news for Swannie if that's the case.

Theres more than 1 going slim not to sure whether the others have signed or not yet.. Yeah and welshy has been training well too look out TONG 2011

Why would the VCFL want to prevent clubs from getting a thirds side up and running?

Their argument is that there is not enough kids around for all clubs to have sustainable no's without ruining the junior league, and they won't let that happen.......They will allow 1 club to add them in 2013 I think when they believe there be an improvement in no's and 1 more per year thereafter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where is Steve Whybrow headed? positive i saw a recent photo of him in the new Tatong jumper. Would have thought there was enough kanga out there to keep him, considering the amount they are throwing around at other "quality" recruits

GO are you refering to Damian King from Swannie to Tatong as Ass Coach. Bad news for Swannie if that's the case.

This is correct Slim.. Throw 15k at any player in this league and I cant blame them for jumping ship. Not the best for us losing our best player but we can't compete with that amount of money! Im sure Tatong will still be a fair contender for the spoon this year

This is correct Slim.. Throw 15k at any player in this league and I cant blame them for jumping ship. Not the best for us losing our best player but we can't compete with that amount of money! Im sure Tatong will still be a fair contender for the spoon this year

15k, for one player, I hope thats not right....That's over $800 agame based around 18 games....

15k, for one player, I hope thats not right....That's over $800 agame based around 18 games....

This is True slim 15 gs mate and we are hoping on a few more to sign, if you want good players you have to pay these days..

Their argument is that there is not enough kids around for all clubs to have sustainable no's without ruining the junior league, and they won't let that happen.......They will allow 1 club to add them in 2013 I think when they believe there be an improvement in no's and 1 more per year thereafter...
That seems like an unfair restriction, to disadvantage the clubs that would benefit the most and probably most need a thirds side.

I'm aware that it's important to keep kids in the sport and enjoying the sport, but these clubs need kids.

This is True slim 15 gs mate and we are hoping on a few more to sign, if you want good players you have to pay these days..

No argument there GO but I really do struggle to come to terms with that sort of kanga.......For that money , who ever it is would need to have AFL experience,multiple major league b&f's, Vic country and all Australian selection.

For that money a club could get 10 or more good young fellas who could be 200 game players at the club........still struggle to believe 15k though....

[/B]

No argument there GO but I really do struggle to come to terms with that sort of kanga.......For that money , who ever it is would need to have AFL experience,multiple major league b&f's, Vic country and all Australian selection.

For that money a club could get 10 or more good young fellas who could be 200 game players at the club........still struggle to believe 15k though....
I am blown away Slim, even if the figure is half that I still can't see how it can be justified. My how times have changed! Think of all the time and effort put in by the VOLUNTEERS around the club, do they know that their hard earned cash is being given to some bloke who just shows on Saturday to kick a bit of leather around. Remenber when we were kids and we used to play because we loved the game?!

I am blown away Slim, even if the figure is half that I still can't see how it can be justified. My how times have changed! Think of all the time and effort put in by the VOLUNTEERS around the club, do they know that their hard earned cash is being given to some bloke who just shows on Saturday to kick a bit of leather around. Remenber when we were kids and we used to play because we loved the game?!

They might be trying to out do Old Tige Pliz :D:D (joke Tige, don't come looking for me)......Perhaps they have Steggles on board as sponsors cause that's a lot of F!@#$%g chook raffles......

They might be trying to out do Old Tige Pliz :D:D (joke Tige, don't come looking for me)......Perhaps they have Steggles on board as sponsors cause that's a lot of F!@#$%g chook raffles......
Tatong; Milawas overweight & unattractive long lost brother.

[/B]

I know what your saying slim but had to be a good offer for him to leave swanpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back