This week,

G'bat over Bright 5 pts
Greta over Nth Wang 40pts
Doon over Swannie 70pts
Tarra over G/rowan 60pts
Moyhu over Tatong 90 pts
Miawa over KV 45pts
Benalla over Whorouly 27pts

Looks like I'm the only idiot who thought Bright would get past G'bat - well done Bats.

Really good match at Whorouly - very impressed with the Lions. Benalla lucky to get away with it in the end.

Looks like I'm the only idiot who thought Bright would get past G'bat - well done Bats.

Really good match at Whorouly - very impressed with the Lions. Benalla lucky to get away with it in the end.

I can't believe g bat beat bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went back to the NT for a family funeral before the game at Benalla - last I heard he was still expected back at some stage, but that may have changed...

Thanks Nonch, it looked like he started the season off well. Hopefully for North Wangaratta he's back before too long...

EDIT: I'm curious why a clearance was lodged.

HE played a game up there and they carnt play on permits so they cleared him and they got him cleared back, be back for tatong game i was told yesterday

Spot on Nonch we were terrible in the last 1/4. Probably one of the worst games we've played across the board. Decision making and disposal was ordinary. We really missed Feary after !/2 time, I reckon he was BOG up til that point...

Leahy and M Nixon both played very well, good and hands and even better kicks... Lions could be smokies come finals time...

what were both the seniors and reserves results at the moyhu tatong game? they havent been uploaded onto the sportingpulse site and all the others were up by 6pm yesterday.

good win by us against north wang. :) started off by a 9 goals to 1 first quarter.

Leahy and M Nixon both played very well, good and hands and even better kicks... Lions could be smokies come finals time...

Leahy and Nixon were awesome, as was Pascoe in the last quarter. If they can get a few players back and stop getting injuries they could be a very tough side come finals.

You would have been happy for the siren to sound when it did slim - less than 24 minutes in that final quarter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daryl Webb was really a standout player slim he had a good match and woulda had 30 + positions for the day! It shows how dangerous he is if he plays his own game!! I can't see benalla losing one for the next 6 games at least

Daryl Webb was really a standout player slim he had a good match and woulda had 30 + positions for the day! It shows how dangerous he is if he plays his own game!! I can't see benalla losing one for the next 6 games at least

Yeah true GO, Webby has had a couple of blinders lately, been concentrating on the footy and nothing else......Also thought Drew Haebich played his best game for the year so far too. Showed real poise in the middle a few times when he was under pressure.

anyone else see the ten news at 5 with russell robinson and akermanis commenting on the "rough tactics" of country footballers?

robbo has come out saying he is retiring at seasons end after copping numerous sprays from crowd members "sipping a vb can" and also copping a lot of "unnecessary attention" from opposition players. being king hit and hit behind play and such. and of course, always an opportunity man, aker has popped in saying he is still "reeling" from his hit playing for a country side on easter weekend, and showed footage of his hit both in slow mo and normal mode, saying "he may have argued that it was within 5 meters of the ball but that may be good enough for the law, but its not good for footy"

anyone else sick of this loser and wish he had never been paid good money to come and smear our league with a terrible name for the future?

Aker has already shown his talent for burning bridges at two AFL clubs, all he did at Milawa was prove himself to be the self-absorbed child we knew him to be. I honestly saw something like this happening.

I'm sure you remember last year when he was flogged by his younger opponent in the VFL, so naturally he resorted to name-calling.

anyone else see the ten news at 5 with russell robinson and akermanis commenting on the "rough tactics" of country footballers?

robbo has come out saying he is retiring at seasons end after copping numerous sprays from crowd members "sipping a vb can" and also copping a lot of "unnecessary attention" from opposition players. being king hit and hit behind play and such. and of course, always an opportunity man, aker has popped in saying he is still "reeling" from his hit playing for a country side on easter weekend, and showed footage of his hit both in slow mo and normal mode, saying "he may have argued that it was within 5 meters of the ball but that may be good enough for the law, but its not good for footy"

anyone else sick of this loser and wish he had never been paid good money to come and smear our league with a terrible name for the future?
The segment on ten news is available on their website. Just click on the "Player Abuse" video under the "Melbourne News" heading on the right side of the page.

Nothing inflammatory at all Slim just thought the "lets face it we didnt play well " quote was a bit over the top. Might have been something to do with the opponent on the day.
I obviously wasn't at the game, but after reading the article I did think that was a bit harsh on your boys JB. Surely the pressure etc by Whorouly forced the errors or whatever it was that caused Benalla to play below the standards they expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back