OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

My money is on the league taking the easy option and not doing anything about it. I know a lot of people don't give a crap about interleague, but it should be an honour to represent the league. If you aren't gonna take it seriously, don't agree to do it - give the spot to someone else that would love to play. Poor form :thumbsdown:

BK, you all know my thoughts on Interleague but even I'm gob-smacked at David Steer's attitude. The day Greta played North Wang he was clearly BOG & with the margin so close on Saturday who knows what would've happened with him out there. Very very poor form which as you've suggested will probably go unpunished.

BK, you all know my thoughts on Interleague but even I'm gob-smacked at David Steer's attitude. The day Greta played North Wang he was clearly BOG & with the margin so close on Saturday who knows what would've happened with him out there. Very very poor form which as you've suggested will probably go unpunished.
Yep, there's no denying the blokes ability - he was still one of the better defenders in the O&M a couple of years back. Very disappointing, but I don't think it would be a huge surprise to anyone that knows him.

Yep, there's no denying the blokes ability - he was still one of the better defenders in the O&M a couple of years back. Very disappointing, but I don't think it would be a huge surprise to anyone that knows him.

I coached the picola nw side on saturday and he was one of a few I had done some home work on. Everyone I spoke to over your way rated him highly. Brodie lumbar and Purcell were both quite happy when I told them prior to the game he wasn't playing.
All this talk of what could of happened or what if the game went on longer is taking away from what was a very enjoyable game of footy. It was played in great spirits and hopefully more clubs and players from both leagues will support it into the future because it is a great concept and a privillage to be chosen to play.

My money is on the league taking the easy option and not doing anything about it. I know a lot of people don't give a crap about interleague, but it should be an honour to represent the league. If you aren't gonna take it seriously, don't agree to do it - give the spot to someone else that would love to play. Poor form :thumbsdown:

Rumour around yesterday BK was that he had a 4am finish on Sat morn....Also heard yesterday that the league WILL take action.....What options would they have other than fine or suspension.

Slim, i have heard a rumour that Smith, Dockery and Donahue could all miss this weeks match against Milawa?? Very depleted line up if this is correct

Slim, i have heard a rumour that Smith, Dockery and Donahue could all miss this weeks match against Milawa?? Very depleted line up if this is correct

Who cares.. All Blacks are old news and are going nowhere this season.
They will get done by 100 points atleast. Followed by a loss to Swanpool and Whorouly. Not looking good down Pantherland

FYI, Archibald dodged the investigators bullet. BK you were right on the money, insufficient evidence apparently!! Time to bite my lip I suspect because nothing I can say will change the decision. The matter is now offically closed.

Who cares.. All Blacks are old news and are going nowhere this season.
They will get done by 100 points atleast. Followed by a loss to Swanpool and Whorouly. Not looking good down Pantherland

mate im not a blacks fan either but u really go on about it. u really r a nob with some off the crap u come out with...for someone who hates them u seem 2 follow there draw pretty close..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate im not a blacks fan either but u really go on about it. u really r a nob with some off the crap u come out with...for someone who hates them u seem 2 follow there draw pretty close..

They are the Collingwood of the O&K I just like to see them lose!
*Knob

Steer being a late withdrawal about an hour before the game due to a hangover was very disappointing. League will have to deal with that one.

Just out of curiosity, Is this a rule with the league?

Can they do anything or is that just bad luck ? We know that no one is obligated to play, and know he was named and was a very late withdrawl but still can they really do anything...?

Steer being a late withdrawal about an hour before the game due to a hangover was very disappointing. League will have to deal with that one.

Just out of curiosity, Is this a rule with the league?

Can they do anything or is that just bad luck ? We know that no one is obligated to play, and know he was named and was a very late withdrawl but still can they really do anything...?

My guess............ the league will request a "please explain" letter from the player (or his club), with the result being a slap on the wrist. There's probably no precedent that I can recall to fall back on either. "If" there isn't a rule then any action the league takes could appear to lack legitimacy and may look like "rules on the run". But that's a big "if" & ultimately the $64 question. It will be interesting to see what if anything transpires next though.

My guess............ the league will request a "please explain" letter from the player (or his club), with the result being a slap on the wrist. There's probably no precedent that I can recall to fall back on either. "If" there isn't a rule then any action the league takes could appear to lack legitimacy and may look like "rules on the run". But that's a big "if" & ultimately the $64 question. It will be interesting to see what if anything transpires next though.
The only "punishment" will be that he will never be selected to represent the league again.

Anyone selected in a interleague side should wanna play It's a honour to represent and play for your league especially with this ranking system in you want to build your league up on representation within the country but no blokes aren't willing to represent the league just want to play for there club!

It's only O&K boys, settle down a bit. Lets be honest here, getting selected would be like getting drafted by Melbourne, its good, but I'll pass thanks. Most would rather the week off. Inter league doesn't hold the same appeal as it once did. Half the players pull out anyway so it's never the leagues best teams that play off.

It's only O&K boys, settle down a bit. Lets be honest here, getting selected would be like getting drafted by Melbourne, its good, but I'll pass thanks. Most would rather the week off. Inter league doesn't hold the same appeal as it once did. Half the players pull out anyway so it's never the leagues best teams that play off.
Aren't people allowed to have differing opinions? The point is, if you'd rather get pissed on a Friday night and have the week off, don't put your hand up to play in the first place.

Anyone selected in a interleague side should wanna play It's a honour to represent and play for your league especially with this ranking system in you want to build your league up on representation within the country but no blokes aren't willing to represent the league just want to play for there club!

Yes but do you think ultimatley the big picture is the 'club' and there long term season... Personally i dont think North Wang can afford to have Steer get injured, both on the $$$ front and as a player....

Other clubs too, they have key players that they depend on and if they were to get injured it would prove costly to there season...

So i guess i can understand why certain players dont play interleague... (Mind you i am not agreeing with what steer did, just playing the devils advocate)

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back