Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think this site is becoming a little predictable.Is there any posters out there willing to come forward and give us a little bit more about the side they follow? We dont need ins and outs for the weekend but maybe who is playing well,match ups and reasons you think your side can win . Its a great comp that ive got right into over the last couple of years and would love to read more about the clubs fortunes for the season. For the record i dont really support any side but try to get to the game i think would be match of the day (Oha v Saints this week) . Or you could just tell me to **** off :)

f*$# off.

Nah I'll try my best, but seeing as DOSA are playing I can't give too many insights.

Channel v Uni - Have seen both sides first hand, and while Channel have improved a heap from last year I think Uni should still win this one. Although not as convincingly as some people are led to believe. Uni, in my opinion, rely on their top 10 players alot and their depth (Trolley Fenton)isn't as strong as some other sides.

OHA v St Virgils - I don't think this will be match of the round and in all honesty it wouldnt surprise me if the Saints won by >50. OHA have picked up some good players though, but they would need to improve alot on last weeks performance to get near St Virgils.

Richmond v Hutchins - This will be close and I'm not really sure who to tip. Hutchins have had 2 good wins on the trot, whereas Richmond have struggled to beat Channel and OHA, eventually running over the top of them. I will go Richmond by <20 only cause its at home. Everyones man Matt Wilson might have something to say about that though seeing as he likes talking about himself so much.

f*$# off.

Nah I'll try my best, but seeing as DOSA are playing I can't give too many insights.

Channel v Uni - Have seen both sides first hand, and while Channel have improved a heap from last year I think Uni should still win this one. Although not as convincingly as some people are led to believe. Uni, in my opinion, rely on their top 10 players alot and their depth (Trolley Fenton)isn't as strong as some other sides.

OHA v St Virgils - I don't think this will be match of the round and in all honesty it wouldnt surprise me if the Saints won by >50. OHA have picked up some good players though, but they would need to improve alot on last weeks performance to get near St Virgils.

Richmond v Hutchins - This will be close and I'm not really sure who to tip. Hutchins have had 2 good wins on the trot, whereas Richmond have struggled to beat Channel and OHA, eventually running over the top of them. I will go Richmond by <20 only cause its at home. Everyones man Matt Wilson might have something to say about that though seeing as he likes talking about himself so much.

Well it looks like Dosa have improved from last year HBK ,were you there last year? Where has the improvement come from ?It looks like a young group (saw the Dosa Uni game)will you blokes drop away as the season gets longer?How is the depth at the club?

Well it looks like Dosa have improved from last year HBK ,were you there last year? Where has the improvement come from ?It looks like a young group (saw the Dosa Uni game)will you blokes drop away as the season gets longer?How is the depth at the club?
I was there last year. Our improvement has probably just come through the few recruits that we have managed to get, as well as some good planning and coaching. Most of them are just old Dominic students that wanna have a kick.
Yeah we are a young side, so there will be some inconsistency but hopefully we shouldn't drop off too much as we do have enough experience (Harvey, Dooley, Loveless) to balance the ledger.
Depth is good, its going to be hard to pick a team with our latest recuits in a couple of weeks

Went down to watch the Uni V Channel Game, missed most of the first quarter but was told that Gilmour slaughtered the Sharks with numerous uncontested possessions from the half back line.

Scores were pretty much two goals difference most of the second quarter.

Half time had Coach Lamprill giving his charges a earful in the change rooms.

Third quarter, Uni dominated the contests around the stoppages, for most of the 50/50 contests - a Uni player often scarpered off with the ball.

Fourth quarter was all Uni as Channel ran out of legs.

Better players for Uni were their star recruits Gilmour (who was left to run around by himself most of the game instead of being manned up), Beams who showed his class everytime he touched the ball and James. Plus a couple others who I don't know by name (big fella at centre half back and a little fella on the ball)

Special mentions to that fat porker who played in the forward line for Uni - kicked a good snap goal from a mark in the goal square and a cheeky number 11 who kicked a great goal from the boundary and gave it to the Channel supporters on his celebratory run only to do his hammy (or might have been cramps) and copped a return serve when hobbling off.

Better players for Channel were Joyce who kicked 11 or 12 goals including a screamer of a mark on top of a hapless Uni defender. Partner in crime Butters kicked a couple, Hansson, Bouwman, Stonjek and Mason were serviceable, Lorkin was unseen after half time (injured??) but generally most of the Channel boys were beaten in the 50/50 contests and around the stoppages. Mark Clark played well on Beams but as we all know, Beams doesn't need much of the ball to be damaging.

Went down to watch the Uni V Channel Game, missed most of the first quarter but was told that Gilmour slaughtered the Sharks with numerous uncontested possessions from the half back line.

Scores were pretty much two goals difference most of the second quarter.

Half time had Coach Lamprill giving his charges a earful in the change rooms.

Third quarter, Uni dominated the contests around the stoppages, for most of the 50/50 contests - a Uni player often scarpered off with the ball.

Fourth quarter was all Uni as Channel ran out of legs.

Better players for Uni were their star recruits Gilmour (who was left to run around by himself most of the game instead of being manned up), Beams who showed his class everytime he touched the ball and James. Plus a couple others who I don't know by name (big fella at centre half back and a little fella on the ball)

Special mentions to that fat porker who played in the forward line for Uni - kicked a good snap goal from a mark in the goal square and a cheeky number 11 who kicked a great goal from the boundary and gave it to the Channel supporters on his celebratory run only to do his hammy (or might have been cramps) and copped a return serve when hobbling off.

Better players for Channel were Joyce who kicked 11 or 12 goals including a screamer of a mark on top of a hapless Uni defender. Partner in crime Butters kicked a couple, Hansson, Bouwman, Stonjek and Mason were serviceable, Lorkin was unseen after half time (injured??) but generally most of the Channel boys were beaten in the 50/50 contests and around the stoppages. Mark Clark played well on Beams but as we all know, Beams doesn't need much of the ball to be damaging.
the ''fat porker'' that kicked a really good goal from the goal square, that must be hard, wouldn't be the same fat porker that bought the club with daddy's money would it?

Apparently it also gets you a senior game....

That fat porker you are all talking about also happens to be leading the goal kicking in the two's, so in my book he has most probably earned a senior game. I would be happy if I kicked 3 goals every game, like he did on the weekend. Done his job.

That fat porker you are all talking about also happens to be leading the goal kicking in the two's, so in my book he has most probably earned a senior game. I would be happy if I kicked 3 goals every game, like he did on the weekend. Done his job.

Bts you sound like a uni man , I noticed Gowans played in the twos He will be a massive inclusion in the next few weeks.
Can you tell me why Will Owens only plays twos?
Has good hands Plays through the middle and is a good size.Would think he could squeeze into your side.

Bts you sound like a uni man , I noticed Gowans played in the twos He will be a massive inclusion in the next few weeks.
Can you tell me why Will Owens only plays twos?
Has good hands Plays through the middle and is a good size.Would think he could squeeze into your side.

Yes this will be very interesting with what the coaching staff does here with Gowans, He is obviously a senior player, however he seems to pick and choose when he wants to start playing/training. I would personally make him play between 4 to 6 reserves games first as 1 player does not make a side, even if Uni are lacking some height. My mail is he choose not to do a preseason.

On your question about will owens, lets just say he is a very good reserves footballer who struggles at senior level from what I have seen. However his current form probably deserves him to get another chance.

I was there last year. Our improvement has probably just come through the few recruits that we have managed to get, as well as some good planning and coaching. Most of them are just old Dominic students that wanna have a kick.
Yeah we are a young side, so there will be some inconsistency but hopefully we shouldn't drop off too much as we do have enough experience (Harvey, Dooley, Loveless) to balance the ledger.
Depth is good, its going to be hard to pick a team with our latest recuits in a couple of weeks
Are you saying you are sighning new recruits in the next few weeks?Care to mention any names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down to Richmond on Saturday night expecting to see a tight contest ,right from the firt bounce the Blues were in full control and basically did as they pleased.
Barwin had his own pill and ran amok up forward,Richmond controlled everything out of the centre and should have been ten goals up at 1/4 time.
There didnt seem to be much fight in Hutchins with the usually unflapable Harriss giving away a 50m penalty and getting sucked in by the crowd.
Boon and Coad didnt play but im not sure how many others were missing.
The Roosters will need to be on thier game this week or we could face the same result :eek:

hahaha. I think there are around 140 reasons why the Hutchins boys are quiet this week!

Quick fix for Hutchins, get Brendan Garth into the seniors, domindated in the 2s last week and had solid matches in the previous 3 games. his left peg was back to its damaging best on the weekend with his field kicking and if he was in the same form infont of the sticks he should have had 3 majors beside his name as well.

Go Brendan 'wagon' Garth

Hmm, Hutchins boys are quiet as opposed to recent weeks, wonder why that is?

Playing a night game at Richmond is almost premiership point suicide. I am a Saints man, and I can only recall our Semi-final win down there last year as the only win we have had in recent times (at night). But still, I expected a much tighter result against Hutchins than what occured. Hutchins are showing little consistency yet. I'm picking a closer encouter this week when they play OHA.

Anyone know why Damien Honey hasn't played for Richmond since round one? Injured or not interested?

I remember seeing him play years ago for Claremont thinking he'd finish up a gun. Any info would be good

Playing a night game at Richmond is almost premiership point suicide. I am a Saints man, and I can only recall our Semi-final win down there last year as the only win we have had in recent times (at night). But still, I expected a much tighter result against Hutchins than what occured. Hutchins are showing little consistency yet. I'm picking a closer encouter this week when they play OHA.

I dont think the lights are good enough for night games.Terrible to watch a night game out there.

I dont think the lights are good enough for night games.Terrible to watch a night game out there.

After paying $5 to watch such a dismal performance out at richmond i was suprised at the lack of excitment Hutchins showed up with. For the first 30 seconds of the Game hutchins looked on but from then on it was a woful performance. There midfield was killed and it seemed like Richmond had more players on the field. This could however be a great possibility as at the start of the third they did have 19 on and due to lack of skilled umpires they got away with it for 5 minutes before he eventually left the field moments before the umpires finally called a count.
If i were on the Hutchins Bandwagon i would be writing into get that checked out because getting beat by 140 points (where was wilson) i wouldnt be suprised if those cheats werent doing it throughout the whole match, but who would know there is clearly no dignity out at richmond and with the quality of the lights out there players could have been popping up from anywhere.

Was suprised with the number of injuries Hutchins had watching from the side lines would have been a different match with there key players Lister, Dean and Boon back in the side.

They say the pot is hot again in 2010!!! After kicking 9 against channel in an easy B.O.G performance it looked like no back-man could get in his way. Hot Hot Hot...Pot Pot Pot

looks like she is going to be a close season this year.. to all you punters that are just going off names, shows how little you know about football. 22 blokes out there on the day, gonna take more than 3 or 4 "big namers" to beat that! especially when half of the big namers you are talking about are snuff bags anyway

your right ;)

lister, dean and boon woudn't have made one iota of difference against the richmond blues. Last years premiers would smash them anywhere, any time.

ps - i dont play for rich but think the result was inevitable.
also - lights fine at richmond
also - very god bakery at richmond.

Yes.. Those 3 players really are a 140 point difference..

This weeks tips from everyone?

Saints V Channel.. Saints too strong.. By 50+
DOSA V Richmond..
Hutchins V OHA.. Really don't see OHA doing too much this year and Hutchins got smacked back to reality last week.. Hutchins by 15 though in a tight one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back